Failed to load dll dsetup.dll? Blackbox version of Sims 3. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Failed to load dll dsetup.dll? Blackbox version of Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Eness187 on Fri 15 Feb 2013, 22:27

Hello! Mind you, I purchased the game + expansions long ago, but I lost the disc during 2011, so I decided not to waste anymore money by purchasing it again. I downloaded the Blackbox version of The Sims 3 Complete Edition & everything was going well. I downloaded the torrent, installed the game like they told me too, but when I tried updating the game to 1.48.5, it always tell me "Failed to load dll dsetup.dll" at the end.

I downloaded the manual patch here as well, downloaded dsetup.dll from dllfiles.com, and put it on my base folder, but it's still giving me that error. Is there anyway I can fix this problem? Thank you! Smile

***EDIT***
Nevermind! I got it lol. I have to put the dsetup.dll onto the System32 folder, not the base folder haha.
So here's the instructions if you encounter the same problem as me:
1.) Search for dsetup.dll in Google (Download the one from dllfiles.com since I trust that site)
2.) Extract the dll file onto your System32 folder which you can find at Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Windows > System32
3.) Update the game and that problem is gone! Poof!! afro

Last edited by Admin on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 12:19; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I solved the problem.)

Eness187
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed to load dll dsetup.dll? Blackbox version of Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 12:19

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Glad to hear you were able to solve the problem yourself and than you for sharing your fix!
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need more assistance!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum