[Tool] Portable The Sims 3

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Tool] Portable The Sims 3

Post by msparky83 on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 06:49

Wow mate, this setup you have created is brilliant.  It allows me to play my Sims 3 game on the go, and better yet on anyone's computer without technically needing to install anything.  Thank you very much for this Gem.  Any chance we will be seeing an updated version with the new Island Paradise expansion?  Or is there a tutorial I could find to be able to add it myself? (as far as the needed reg edit requirements and any other files I would need to add)  Thanks again for this very user friendly and very unique setup.  Cheers mate. Smile

[UPDATE]

Ok, I didn't realize you had already explained how to add future expansions on page 1 of this discussion.  Now, my question is can the ProductID=dword ...etc be anything? as long as its not used for more than 1.reg file and as long as its in hexadecimal format?  If you could let me know I would appreciate it.  Thanks mate.

msparky83
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigowatt221 on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 21:13

Hi Mr Sparky and thank you Smile
Adding a correct REG file is possible but may be difficult for users. You can copy "The Sims 3 University.reg" to "The Sims 3 Island Paradise.reg" and modify names, EP number (09 -> 10).

But, I've submitted an update of my tool. Links are added Wink Rendez-vous to the first post.

Gigowatt221
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arrgh on Thu 26 Dec 2013, 22:42

Dear Gigowatt221,

I would really enjoy your portable TS3, but I have a problem that ruins all the fun connected with the game for me - textures issue. All my sims have empty eye sockets and brown skin. No matter if I choose existing family, create new sim or new from the template, the result is like in the screenshot. I don't have this problem when making animals, the surrounding (in creating mode) is ok as well. The main starter window doesn't appear when I start the game, only the one where I choose a city.
Here are screenshots: pokazywarka.pl/2ptrbw/

I'm pretty sure it's something about missing file because I have this problem on my winXP 32-bit and win7 64-bit computers.

I'm looking forward for your answear. I didn't change anything, only language and save folder in "the sims 3.ini"

Arrgh
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigowatt221 on Mon 30 Dec 2013, 19:12

And with an English language (en-US) configuration?
Try to clear cache files : http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files
Or delete everything, install the game, patch it to the latest version (1.63), install your no-cd patch and copy "The Sims 3" folder into "App".
Other expansions and kits can be drag-n-dropped from DVD into "App\The Sims 3 Name of Kit or Expansion" without installation.
Gigowatt221
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Modded games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaskation98 on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 22:27

Can you explain me expecifically how to install .sims3packs in it??

vaskation98
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigowatt221 on Thu 13 Feb 2014, 14:56

@vaskation98 wrote:Can you explain me expecifically how to install .sims3packs in it??
Install it by using the Sims 3 Launcher from the menu.
Gigowatt221
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Modded games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pcwizard7 on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 20:35

I can confirm this still works and I have all expansions and Stuff packs ever released. and since there are not going to be another release u don't have to worry about patch updates but just in case i turned off auto updates

I have uploaded the tool to my mediafire for a more stable mirror but can't post for 7 days so PM if wanted

Tip: uninstall the game after you finish install all eps and stuff packs and move the game folders to App folder as u will get a game can't start error when trying to run the game from the portable menu

after I uninstall all ep and stuff packs from the pc it ran like a charm and fixes for the error are for something else and will just confuse people

pcwizard7
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MuaHaBoy on Sun 14 Sep 2014, 06:23

Hey Gigowatt221. I'm currently having a problem with the implementation of the script. I can't understand what the instruction in the readme or your post says. Can you give me a step by step guide on how to install this script to the game? Like what exactly shld i do. I know that the first step is to put my Sims 3 game directory in the "App" folder. But idk what to do after that. Please do reply to this and thanks in advance for the effort! Smile

MuaHaBoy
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: