Help with installing for a Mac noob?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with installing for a Mac noob?

Post by amg31490 on Wed 20 Feb 2013, 08:09

My girlfriend just got a 15" MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion and is trying to install TS3 and all the expansions. She currently owns the base game, Late Night and High End Loft Stuff and the rest will have to be obtained via G4TW.

I am practically Mac illiterate. I had no trouble installing the Sims and every single expansion using the guides for PC. I still have all installation files/cracks that I used before. Is it possible to just use those files to set it all up on the Mac. What about the Crack for the games? Or is the Ultimate Fix supposed to work for it. And is there a noob-friendly guide for setting all this up? Noob Noob Noob lol

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

By the way, I read the Easy Method of installing Sims 3 Base Game+Expansions Mac Guide by Crazyjay321 and I'm still kind of daunted by the task. It isn't very PC user-friendly, lol. I am very new to Mac.
amg31490
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Skyrim, Sims 3, Minecraft, COD: Zombies, Left 4 Dead, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, All Halo Games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help with installing for a Mac noob?

Post by theindiecity on Thu 21 Feb 2013, 04:49

Can you elaborate a little on the problems you've had installing The Sims 3? I have a Macbook Pro with all of the expansions installed so I can probably help you out but I need to know what issues you've had so far.

"You're wearing the t-shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy." - PCU
theindiecity
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims Medieval
Female Posts : 24

View user profile http://omgitsandrea.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Help with installing for a Mac noob?

Post by amg31490 on Thu 21 Feb 2013, 12:04

Well, my first problem was that it kept telling me that the installer could not be verified or something. I found out that I had to make a .dmg for all the files I downloaded (time consuming).

I just went ahead and dove in and am currently in the process of applying the Ultimate Fix. Fingers crossed that it all turns out. I will return if I encounter any issues.
amg31490
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Skyrim, Sims 3, Minecraft, COD: Zombies, Left 4 Dead, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, All Halo Games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum