No Prom for teens? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Prom for teens? [SOLVED]

Post by erela on Thu 21 Feb 2013, 02:50

Hello everyone! First, I just wanted to thank you all for all of your hard work and dedication to us. Thanks so much!

Anywho. Ever since I got Generations from you guys, (last year sometime in Summer when I first discovered you) there has never ever been prom. My teen sims (whether male/female) also ALWAYS have a boyfriend/girlfriend. I have never gotten the option to go to prom, or anything like that. However, I get everything else that comes with generations. Bachelor/Bachelorette parties, Weddings, Pranks, etc but no prom ever. So I was wondering if there's something preventing it, or if some people just don't get prom? I was also wondering if anyone else had this problem.
Thanks so much in advance! Very Happy

_________________

                          What he said.

erela
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Red Dead Redemption, The Walking Dead, The Last Of Us, GTA Series
Female Posts : 66
Points : 2074
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Prom for teens? [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername on Thu 21 Feb 2013, 04:17

How long are your sims teens? I think they need to be teens for at least 10 days, possibly longer, in order for the prom system to pop up.
avatar
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043
Points : 4503
Reputation : 219
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 24
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Prom for teens? [SOLVED]

Post by erela on Thu 21 Feb 2013, 05:09

@invalidusername wrote:How long are your sims teens? I think they need to be teens for at least 10 days, possibly longer, in order for the prom system to pop up.

My teens are set for 21 days. I'll play and let you know if a prom comes in a few hours or so.
EDIT// Also, I saw pictures of people who got generations, and they clicked on the school and it had an option to "Go To Prom" but it wasn't highlighted. I do not get that option. Here's a picture in case I confused you:


Last edited by erela on Thu 21 Feb 2013, 05:23; edited 1 time in total

_________________

                          What he said.

erela
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Red Dead Redemption, The Walking Dead, The Last Of Us, GTA Series
Female Posts : 66
Points : 2074
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Prom for teens? [SOLVED]

Post by sashaxox on Thu 21 Feb 2013, 05:15

Ive never had that issue before. I have my teens on default for the length of time they are teens. I actually am experiencing the opposite effect where my teens go to prom like 2-3 times in the span of time they are teens. My version is not a cracked version though if that makes a difference.

_________________
cherry Sasha
avatar
sashaxox
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3
Female Posts : 26
Points : 1672
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-02-21
Age : 26
Location : Ontario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Prom for teens? [SOLVED]

Post by erela on Thu 21 Feb 2013, 05:24

@sashaxox wrote:Ive never had that issue before. I have my teens on default for the length of time they are teens. I actually am experiencing the opposite effect where my teens go to prom like 2-3 times in the span of time they are teens. My version is not a cracked version though if that makes a difference.
That's what I read when I looked it up. A bunch of people said the cracked version doesn't allow prom, but I find that hard to believe because there's no other topics about not having prom. I WISH mine went 2-3 times even though it's a rabbit hole! Laughing

_________________

                          What he said.

erela
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Red Dead Redemption, The Walking Dead, The Last Of Us, GTA Series
Female Posts : 66
Points : 2074
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Prom for teens? [SOLVED]

Post by Mewberry Cake on Fri 22 Feb 2013, 22:15

All of my expansions are from G4TW though my base game is legit, and my teens usually go to prom 2-3 times. Gets kinda awkward finding places to put all their prom pics. Very Happy
avatar
Mewberry Cake
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 28
Points : 1941
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-06-07
Age : 32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Prom for teens? [SOLVED]

Post by erela on Sat 23 Feb 2013, 08:03

@Mewberry Cake wrote:All of my expansions are from G4TW though my base game is legit, and my teens usually go to prom 2-3 times. Gets kinda awkward finding places to put all their prom pics. Very Happy

Seriously?!?! Wow, lol. My teens have never seen a prom night. Sad I have the sims 3 base & pets myself, and like all other 5/6 expansions I got from them. I don't understand why mine have never had them. How many days is your teen set on to age, and do you have aging enabled?

Also - to report back, still no prom. I'm going to set the aging back to defaults and try again. If anyone knows a fix I sure would like to know. Facepalm

_________________

                          What he said.

erela
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Red Dead Redemption, The Walking Dead, The Last Of Us, GTA Series
Female Posts : 66
Points : 2074
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Prom for teens? [SOLVED]

Post by Mewberry Cake on Sat 23 Feb 2013, 08:10

I believe mine are set on 14 days. I didn't even know they COULD have more than 1 prom until I messed with the aging settings once and it happened. I kinda noticed, though, that proms seem to happen moreso towards the end of their teenage span.
avatar
Mewberry Cake
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 28
Points : 1941
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-06-07
Age : 32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Prom for teens? [SOLVED]

Post by stabitha666 on Sat 23 Feb 2013, 09:58

@erela wrote:
@invalidusername wrote:How long are your sims teens? I think they need to be teens for at least 10 days, possibly longer, in order for the prom system to pop up.

My teens are set for 21 days. I'll play and let you know if a prom comes in a few hours or so.
EDIT// Also, I saw pictures of people who got generations, and they clicked on the school and it had an option to "Go To Prom" but it wasn't highlighted. I do not get that option. Here's a picture in case I confused you:

Hi,
The reason why people would click on the go to prom button and it wasnt highlighted, It simply means that its not time for the prom to take place yet.
You can have your mouse hover over the option, and it will tell you what day and time the prom will take place.
Normally it takes place around 6pm sims time and a limo automatically shows up and picks up the teens to go to it.
Even if they dont take the Limo, The option will still be highlighted.
avatar
stabitha666
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 1, 2, & 3, Diablo 1, 2, & 3, Soul Caliber, Mortal Kombat, Super Mario Bros., America Mcgee's Alice, Alice: Madness Returns, Okamiden,Magic: The Gathering,...and other stuffs
Female Posts : 263
Points : 2262
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 32
Location : San Antonio, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Prom for teens? [SOLVED]

Post by erela on Sat 23 Feb 2013, 10:37

@stabitha666 wrote:
@erela wrote:
@invalidusername wrote:How long are your sims teens? I think they need to be teens for at least 10 days, possibly longer, in order for the prom system to pop up.

My teens are set for 21 days. I'll play and let you know if a prom comes in a few hours or so.
EDIT// Also, I saw pictures of people who got generations, and they clicked on the school and it had an option to "Go To Prom" but it wasn't highlighted. I do not get that option. Here's a picture in case I confused you:

Hi,
The reason why people would click on the go to prom button and it wasnt highlighted, It simply means that its not time for the prom to take place yet.
You can have your mouse hover over the option, and it will tell you what day and time the prom will take place.
Normally it takes place around 6pm sims time and a limo automatically shows up and picks up the teens to go to it.
Even if they dont take the Limo, The option will still be highlighted.

lol! I know that. I was stating that I do not have that option on my school. I don't have a "Go To Prom" button on my school, is what I was saying. However, I did find a mod that spawns opportunities and clicked on the school and forced prom. It's going to be in 2 sim days I'm so frigen excited!
So, thank you all for trying to help and this topic can be closed since I now am going to prom. Just had to research Razz
Mystery solved

_________________

                          What he said.

erela
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Red Dead Redemption, The Walking Dead, The Last Of Us, GTA Series
Female Posts : 66
Points : 2074
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Prom for teens? [SOLVED]

Post by stabitha666 on Sat 23 Feb 2013, 15:39

I was going to suggest that next.
I had to do that once when snow days didnt allow my sims to have one.

Glad to hear you figured it out =^^=
Happy simming
avatar
stabitha666
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 1, 2, & 3, Diablo 1, 2, & 3, Soul Caliber, Mortal Kombat, Super Mario Bros., America Mcgee's Alice, Alice: Madness Returns, Okamiden,Magic: The Gathering,...and other stuffs
Female Posts : 263
Points : 2262
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 32
Location : San Antonio, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum