Sims 3 will not load after launcher.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 will not load after launcher.

Post by dylansevenfold on Sun 24 Feb 2013, 23:00

The problem came after installing Generations.

After I click the launcher it starts up, and then when I click play it closes the launcher, but nothing after that. I've applied the Ultimate Fix, and my game has the latest update.

A few other things to add;

I have all expansions, with the exception of Late Night, Showtime, High End Loft Stuff, and Outdoor stuff. I am still waiting for those four things to download. But on my launcher at the bottom it only highlights 3 expansions as being installed, and the base game is not one of them.

Also, it shows that I have the most resent game update and I know I have it because I just installed it last night and then applied the fix today, but after about 20 seconds it is telling me to update to Version 1.22 which is from May of 2011.

My computer is new, as in just a few days old, it MORE THAN meets the requirments to run Sims 3. I haven't had any issues what so ever until installing Generations. I usually can figure out how to fix issues, as I have all expansion on my Laptop, which is why I am here, because I cannot for the life of me figure out why this is happening.

If any more information is needed to help solve this problem, let me know!

Thanks.

dylansevenfold
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 will not load after launcher.

Post by kidrock2k12 on Sun 24 Feb 2013, 23:34

try uninstalling the sims and all eps and reinstall em again try and do them in order see if that helps
kidrock2k12
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims3,sims2,sims1,fifa manager 12,bus simulator 2012
Male Posts : 345

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dylansevenfold on Sun 24 Feb 2013, 23:48

Okay, working on that now. I will let you know if it works.

dylansevenfold
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 02:30

Well, since you're already doing so, make sure to restart your computer before re-installing.

I would have just had you re-download and apply both the patch and the fix again, to see if that would help, since that's what generally causes the greyed out expansions (an outdated crack).
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dylansevenfold on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 03:11

Fixed!

I've always tried to avoid uninstalling all the games, but I guess sometimes thats the only way..

Though, the grayed out expansions are still there at the bottom of the launcher, but I'm not all that concerned with that. The game is up and running now.

However.. I wasn't able to start via the Launcher, again not that I'm too concerned with that.. I've heard that sometimes the laucnher just won't work, true?

Anyway, if I have anymore issues when the other expansions completely downloan I will post again. Thanks!

dylansevenfold
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 21:04

Hello,

After doing step 2 here, the icons should be lit up again on the launcher: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly (RE-DOWNLOAD the manual patch!) - Can you confirm this?

When you try to start the game after doing the above, you'll get an "Please insert disc" error, right?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum