"The Installation is Incomplete"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The Installation is Incomplete"

Post by LexLoser on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 20:13

Hi there,

So first off, the day the Ultimate Fix came out, I had an "error on startup" when I turned on my computer which messed up my Sims. So I reinstalled and my game was working fine, I followed all of the installation steps exactly and things ran perfectly. However when I turned on my computer today, I got that "installation is incomplete please reinstall" error when I opened up The Sims. My computer also had issues, saying it had to set up my preferences after I logged in and the desktop reverted back to it's original image as did the theme. That and The Sims seem to be the only things that are affected by whatever has happened so I believe something happened with my game.

I'm not sure if this will be helpful information or not, but I own copies of TS3, HEL Stuff, Pets, WA and Late Night. I downloaded all the other expansions from here along with the ultimate fix and installed them accordingly. Like I said, everything ran perfectly until this morning and it was not the first time since installing that I had shut down my computer.

It is looking like I will have to uninstall everything, including my owned copies of the game and reinstall again. If that is what I need to do, I will but I am hoping someone can tell me what caused this because I don't want it to happen again.

Thank you in advance for any insight or advice.

LexLoser
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The Installation is Incomplete"

Post by invalidusername on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 21:40

This sounds like a hardware/virus problem to me. Do you have any sort of virus protection? The sims could just be the program it's effecting most right now.

(I could be wrong though)
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 22:05

Hello,

Did you re-download and re-apply the manual patch too: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly ?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by LexLoser on Tue 26 Feb 2013, 02:43

Hello,

Thank you both for your responses. My first thought was a virus as well but I've run several scans and do one weekly and they have all been clean.

I did use the manual patch, yes.

LexLoser
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Tue 26 Feb 2013, 20:18

Hello,

Please contact me via the Forum's Chatbox when you see me online on the Forum.
I'll try to help you out via TeamViewer, if you don't mind.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series

Back to top Go down

Post by LexLoser on Tue 26 Feb 2013, 23:52

I uninstalled everything last night including my store bought games and am in the process of re-installing now. My stepdad who is a programmer said he thinks it was just a fluke with my system and not caused by the games. If it happens again, I will be sure to inbox you!

/edit/
I am at the part where I am applying the crack to the game, and since I am unsure exactly how to go about it, I figure this time I will ask and make sure I am doing the right thing. In the must read guide it says for the Ultimate Fix you only need to use the crack folder on the base game. But when I went to watch the video tutorial it shows things being put into all of the expansions from the folders in the Ultimate Fix as well. The guide says those are not cracks...so being pretty new to torrenting games maybe I am just getting confused. Do I need to transfer the things in those files to my expansion packs as well as doing the crack? And if so, do I also need to put those files in the games that I bought so they run without a disc?

I have read and re-read the installation guide and ultimate fix guide...and I just want to make sure I do everything right.

LexLoser
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Wed 27 Feb 2013, 19:27

@LexLoser wrote:I uninstalled everything last night including my store bought games and am in the process of re-installing now. My stepdad who is a programmer said he thinks it was just a fluke with my system and not caused by the games. If it happens again, I will be sure to inbox you!

/edit/
I am at the part where I am applying the crack to the game, and since I am unsure exactly how to go about it, I figure this time I will ask and make sure I am doing the right thing. In the must read guide it says for the Ultimate Fix you only need to use the crack folder on the base game. But when I went to watch the video tutorial it shows things being put into all of the expansions from the folders in the Ultimate Fix as well. The guide says those are not cracks...so being pretty new to torrenting games maybe I am just getting confused. Do I need to transfer the things in those files to my expansion packs as well as doing the crack? And if so, do I also need to put those files in the games that I bought so they run without a disc?

I have read and re-read the installation guide and ultimate fix guide...and I just want to make sure I do everything right.
Hello,

Ignore the video and everything else, only do as instructed on the "Must Read" page, those instructions are up-to-date. Ignore all other instructions!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by LexLoser on Wed 27 Feb 2013, 21:33

Thank you!! cheers

LexLoser
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Wed 27 Feb 2013, 22:56

Hello,

You're welcome.
Please let us know the final result, good luck!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum