Sims 3 - Buy/Build Mode Crash (Please Help)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 - Buy/Build Mode Crash (Please Help)

Post by Persianism on Wed 27 Feb 2013, 11:31

I have previously checked this forum and found a similar thread regarding a crash to the desktop within the buy/build mode of "The Sims 3 + All Expansions". However my problem is different.

I'm using Windows 8 and I thought I'd try out the Seasons expansion pack so I installed the Sims 3 base game which I have a legal purchased copy of since its launch date, including a few expansions which I have downloaded through torrent (not all, 3 or 4). I ran the game and it worked smoothly and perfect, so I thought why not enjoy the full potential buy installed the entire expansion packs and so I did, in order of their release, starting from World Adventures, to the last released (Seasons). I copy and pasted the crack as I did previously in the Sims 3 base game directory and the game launched perfect, created my new character, no problem, all smooth.

Start a new game, the game's going smooth, but as I click "F2, or F3" for the buy/build mode feature, the screen doesn't freeze, but my mouse icon shows as if it's loading something, and it forever is loading. When I move my mouse over other icons the information shows up (e.g. This is the grab tool, this is the copy tool, etc...) but apart from that I cannot do anything, even when I say exit game it goes to the exit screen but freezes like that.

I've tried the "Ultimate Fix" but it literally has nothing but a load of "cracks" which won't be of use, however for the sake of the argument I used it and now the launch screen crashes because of that.

I've tried reinstalling the Sims 3, and was curious if anyone had experienced the same problem, and hopefully had a solution in mind?

I appreciate your help in advance.

Persianism
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 - Buy/Build Mode Crash (Please Help)

Post by Adwomin on Wed 27 Feb 2013, 19:11

Hello,

Start here first, please: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
DO NOT skip any steps and RE-DOWNLOAD both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix. Good luck!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum