Objects missing after "clearing caches" action and other odd things

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Objects missing after "clearing caches" action and other odd things

Post by Metall on Sat 02 Mar 2013, 21:10

So the problem now is that though the missing lots have returned, now many previously installed and working objects are missing. So for example, after doing the "clear cache" action I loaded my recent game where I was working on editing the Al Fresco Street Market, and at the start it already gave me a message saying "missing objects were replaced". So when I went to the al fresco market lot, all al fresco related objects except the buildings were replaced with something peculiar and non al fresco market related. Which is strange because i did nothing with the downloads folder, there is still the same amount of files now as there was before the "clear cache" action.
So the weird thing is that i went to check in the downloads folders and there was no al fresco market file to be found though al fresco was definitely installed and working before the "clear cache" action. So i went to your downloads site again and downloaded the al fresco market again and its as if i never had it because there was no file with same name in either my pre "clear cache"-action downloads folder or the one after.
So installed this file and now al fesco is back in game (though i have to reedit the lot again because of replaced objects).

So then i got worried and started to check what else could be missing (i have quiet a lot of sims3pack files, mostly objects, so its hard to notice when something is missing but when you know 1 thing is missing you always wonder how many more are there). So the 1st thing i noticed is that the choco-fountain object was missing. I checked again in my unchanged downloads folder and neither the single object nor the set that its included in ("Le cirque") was there though i just recently used the choco-fountain and le cirque set objects in my al fresco edit (pre clearing cache).
So i checked again in downloads folder and the only thing that i had possibly related to those objects was CarnivaleSet but after researching the forums i stumbled upon that there is also CarnivaleFullSet which is a much larger file. So i installed the latter and now i got the chcoco fountain and rest of that set again. So how come i had all these things before, without the files being there in downloads folder i don't understand. The number of files is still the same, and when installing these last 2 files the launcher did not tell me that the files are already installed.

So now when looking through the catalogue in the game it seems most of the objects are there but like in case with al fresco and choco fountain there could be up to dozens missing in some categories and i don't even know which ones or why they are missing. Crying or Very sad

And what i wanted to ask from the beginning (even before i found out about the missing objects) was about the fact that after i did the "clear cache" action, the dcbackup and dccache folders have become significantly smaller after reinstalling all downloads, though like i said the number of downloads files never changed.
For example dcbackup folder before clearing cache was 5.37GB, after 2.02GB. And dccache folder was before 3.72GB and after 1.29GB. So that right there alarmed me already but i was happy to get the missing lots back but now after al fresco and choco fountan and carnivale set and the fact that the folders became much smaller and the fact that by looking through catalogue i have a feeling that some amounts of objects might be missing, im wondering if you could please assist in clearing up this situation and maybe somehow finding out why and what else could be missing. Because for example i have also placed some non al fresco or non carnivaleset related statues on a lot but don't know from what set they came or if it was single object file, but now they are replaced with something else and i have no way of finding out how to get them back. I don't even know why i "lost" them since downloads folder has still same amount of downloads. So i got back the missing lots but lost a whole bunch of objects apparently scratch
(sorry for a long text but i thought id give it some detail since situation is rather odd)

//EDIT

**UPDATE**

After researching some more on the forums I found the following thread and namely the reply of user "rosalyney" and was about to try the solution that she proposed - Sims 3 Sunflower Missing Object Resource Instance

But strangely after having ran the game and launcher several times after clear cache action and specifically checking the downloads section in launcher so that all files are installed - now after running it for the 10th time or so, what rosalyney proposed to do, happened to me without having to run game without custom content as she stated.
Namely I just ran the launcher just like any other time, but this time it showed me that about 30% of downloads didn't show as installed. Like rosalyney says, you could stumble upon uninstalled downloads and even if launcher says that files are already installed when trying to install it doesn't mean that the whole file is actually fully installed (read above link and mainly rosalyney reply)

So indeed when I tried to install these now suddenly not-installed content all of them gave a message that they are already installed. Tried to check the game, but I have so many files in each catalogue section (or I did) that its hard to see whats missing. Hoping that the fact that some content now showed uninstalled and me installing it again, helped it.

Admin edit: Please use the "Edit" button on your post if you wish to update it. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Metall
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Objects missing after "clearing caches" action and other odd things

Post by Adwomin on Sat 02 Mar 2013, 22:17

Hello,

I can't tell much about this problem, since I don't know much about in-game problems.
I do, however, know that is a common problem recently - since the release of 1.50 .
Try updating your Framework file, please: mediafire.com ?8hvd25izaiea4

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by deblake60 on Sun 03 Mar 2013, 02:39

Admin, what's the name of the file that has the framework? I think I need to update like Metall

EDIT: Never mind, Admin. I found it within the PDF file, as a link.
deblake60
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Sims 2, SPORE, Plants Vs Zomies, Bejeweled 3, misc tastes
Male Posts : 218

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum