The Sims 3: University Life OUT NOW! (Download link)

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sims 3: University Life OUT NOW! (Download link)

Post by headsbullet on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 15:12

I have downloaded the 1.50 fix and its guide and, after reading everything I have to cautiously do to install it, you think extracting multiples .rar files in a same folder, just having to right click any of them to start the process is HARDER than following your guide? Oo

I understand and I have seen many people having problems to cope with split files, but most of them couldn't even succeed in starting to install the game at all, you know I am not saying gibberish, people like that CAN't install content like this. They are incapable.

No differently, giving as many different possibilities as possible to your always growing fanbase to download your work is, in a ridiculous screaming way easier for your team than the efforts it demands to create installation guides and specially cracking the game. So I really don't know where you are NOT WANTING to succeed here.

Do you know what is sad in seeing the way you guys make it harder for your growing fanbase to access your own work? Last year I remember I have seen friends BUYING the whole TS3 releases cracked through an eBay seller and guess whose releases actually were those?

Yes, YOURS!

And judging by the fact after just 2 months of the release of the aforementioned EP is already a struggle to download it, I can see why people can exploit your work like that: you pay 30 bucks and don't have to wait for anything to download as they ship 40 GB faster than you can provide a download.

So, if you still think your philosophy on releasing your own hard work is efficient you should ditch philosophy at all because you are doing it wrong or at least creating a hell of a funny ideology of self sabotage here.

headsbullet
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 15:41

I am seeding UL myself, I don't see why you would have to struggle to download it, seeing as I am connected in a swarm of almost 2500 seeds and over 1200 peers so the problem is likely at your end.

As for splitting the files in the fix, maybe you're right. That's not my call though. This topic however, is about University Life, not the fix.
And as you can see, this forum is for éveryone, not just for people who are experienced. If everyone was capable of installing this stuff, we wouldn't have to do this. We're here to help people who can't, not the people who can.

As far as I'm concerned, we are succeeding. And if we stop succeeding, I'll find a new hobby. Because that's what it is, a hobby. If some jerk burns our releases to disk and people are paying good money for them that's stupidity on their part. If you're going to pay for it you may as well get a legitimate copy.

But we're in disagreement and that's all right. Personal preferences are, after all, personal.

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 21:42

@headsbullet wrote:I have downloaded the 1.50 fix and its guide and, after reading everything I have to cautiously do to install it, you think extracting multiples .rar files in a same folder, just having to right click any of them to start the process is HARDER than following your guide? Oo

I understand and I have seen many people having problems to cope with split files, but most of them couldn't even succeed in starting to install the game at all, you know I am not saying gibberish, people like that CAN't install content like this. They are incapable.

No differently, giving as many different possibilities as possible to your always growing fanbase to download your work is, in a ridiculous screaming way easier for your team than the efforts it demands to create installation guides and specially cracking the game. So I really don't know where you are NOT WANTING to succeed here.

Do you know what is sad in seeing the way you guys make it harder for your growing fanbase to access your own work? Last year I remember I have seen friends BUYING the whole TS3 releases cracked through an eBay seller and guess whose releases actually were those?

Yes, YOURS!

And judging by the fact after just 2 months of the release of the aforementioned EP is already a struggle to download it, I can see why people can exploit your work like that: you pay 30 bucks and don't have to wait for anything to download as they ship 40 GB faster than you can provide a download.

So, if you still think your philosophy on releasing your own hard work is efficient you should ditch philosophy at all because you are doing it wrong or at least creating a hell of a funny ideology of self sabotage here.
Hi there,

Since I'm very busy at the moment, I'll keep it short. I just felt I had to reply to this one.
There are different reasons why one would actually buy cracked games. In countries with slow and/or restricted internet access cracked games are sold in every store out there, just because they can't download the games themselves. (Slow internet, censorship) It's not so hard to navigate to our download page - where ALL our downloads are present - and just click the games you want to download.
If the download speed is slow, it's 99% a problem on your side; the reason why some people get 2 MB/s and others get 100 kB/s. Try this: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t11496-how-to-speed-up-fix-utorrent-downloads
If that didn't work, your internet speed just can't handle. Don't always blame the seeders, they're doing a great job.

And really, I don't see the problem; if you don't like our philosophy and our downloads, just don't use them. No one is forcing you to use them and no one is perfect. Everyone wants something else and we just can't please everyone, if you know what I mean.

I hope you enjoy our downloads and our Community though.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by headsbullet on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 23:01

Admin wrote:
In countries with slow and/or restricted internet access cracked games are sold in every store out there, just because they can't download the games themselves. (Slow internet, censorship)

There is one thing that is partially accurate in what you say. Yes, I live in a country (Brasil) where high speed internet is limitated, but is not like it is a dream, is just obscenely expensive compared to what people in US or Europe pay to have a good broad band. Here things are also absurdly unfair about ratios, my internet plan is 5MB, but the maximum allowed for me to download is 500kbs - yeah, can you believe that? lol.

Even though, 500kbps enables me to download this release, for example, in around 1h and a half or so and that is not too much to wait to me. Well that happens normally... but is not happening in this case.

About the censorship, Brasil actually has a shitty censorship for internet content, that's why your releases ended up being sold - and are still - and nobody does anything about it - and I mean the part that touches EA copyright. There is a poor law policy for virtual content, and author rights are still in the bottom of the list. I would tell you sincerely in my opinion people buy all the releases together 'coz the franchise is just already too big to download, I was exaggerating saying they would do just because a specific torrent doesn't properly work, but you can't either say that doesn't help to make their minds to buy it if all torrents have a performance like that.

Admin wrote:
If the download speed is slow, it's 99% a problem on your side; the reason why some people get 2 MB/s and others get 100 kB/s. Try this: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t11496-how-to-speed-up-fix-utorrent-downloads
If that didn't work, your internet speed just can't handle. Don't always blame the seeders, they're doing a great job.
Here I have to oppose, though I have to agree the regular user downloading things here will be quite unexperienced to make its torrent client work well, since you guys assume its too hard for them to handle split files. But that is really not my case. As I already said, I can download things at 500kbps, and the University Life torrent worked like that periodically for me from yesterday 'til now. Yes, there is already one full day I'm downloading just 3 GB. It works well for some 10 minutes, then goes to extremely slow, sometimes stops.
What proves I don't have a problem of limitated broad band is the fact when I gave up last night to download the release by a 20kbps speed, I decided to try movies. So... in 3 hours I downloaded two movies, 1.75 and 1.5 GB each one respectively while I was watching tv series in stream.
This release is around already for a while, I don't know what exactly is going on, but i strongly suspect is simply: greedy seed. You finish the torrent, then you set your client to upload at a very slow speed. That's it. There are around 2500 seeders there but if each one of them is restricting their outgoing speed, its like there are just 2 people seeding for 100.

Admin wrote:
(...) if you don't like our philosophy and our downloads, just don't use them. No one is forcing you to use them and no one is perfect. Everyone wants something else and we just can't please everyone, if you know what I mean.
I understand it. I'm not suggesting to ditch torrent files, but just giving more different options. Is not that safe to rely solely in an alternative where people have no obligation to commit and cope with the next downloaders, you can guess most people will be like that because they are downloading cracked content.... so what can you expect in return? ^^'

And well, if you don't live in my country where high speed internet is limitated to people who really want or need to afford it, it is not a struggle to upload the releases in multiple options. And just to make clear, I prefer YOUR releases, thats why I bother to complain about how to get them. I have seen other people around here crying for some other options too to download, so is not like I'm the crazy cat lady at the icecream shop asking for a cat faced cherry on top of my milkshake.

Anyway, the download is close to be finished here in around 2 or 3 hours xD next time I'll try to download the release right after its release.

And by the way, besides all complains, thank you, really, for the hard work put into these releases. You still do a great job.

headsbullet
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum