PLEASE HELP!!! IVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PLEASE HELP!!! IVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!

Post by angela15517 on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 03:17

Hello. New to the forum, I hope I am posting this in the right place...I am also a COMPLETE no0b!!!...ok, so here goes...

I already have the Sims 3 disc, bought it a couple of years ago. Already have the updated version 1.50. I downloaded the Seasons from kickass torrents, and went through the RAR process, installed fine, then applied the crack to the BIN file in Sims 3 base game. Everything seemed to run smoothly until it started loading my already saved family, and it would say that windows ran into a problem and needs to close the program. After several attempts to figure out what was wrong, I deleted all the files, and gave up. So then I tried to download The Sims Supernatural. I started installing it, but then it said that I needed to update in order to continue, so I did. It installed fine, so I applied the crack file to the BIN folder of the base game as per the instructions. The launcher starts up without a hitch, but when I click the play button, and the launcher closes like its going to start my game, but then NOTHING HAPPENS. Absolutely nothing. I tried to run it in compatibility mode, run as an admin, and have been deleting and reinstalling all day. I went to your website and tried to download the ultimate fix and the update patch, but it said my game was already up to date...what am I doing wrong??? I have been trying to figure this out for over 12 hours, please help!!! Thank you so much in advance.
oh not sure if it matters, but I am running on crappy windows 8.
angela15517
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : old RPG games
Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! IVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!

Post by beryllium on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 06:15

If your game is up to date, then don't use the manual patch.
With the ultimate fix, there is a PDF that explains how to take files from the fix and replace some of the files for your game.
Did you try this? I'm sure someone else will try to help you if it doesn't work.

beryllium
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoSoBelle on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 06:20

I've had my game tell me I'm up to date but really I'm not so I have to use the manual patch, but if you're at 1.50 already then you shouldn't have to up date anymore. To start a vanilla game, go to C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts and rename (DON'T DELETE) 'The Sims 3' folder to something simple like 'game'. Then reboot the game, it'll create all new folders and files as if it was just installed. Let me know how that works.
SoSoBelle
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Borderlands 1 & 2, Dead Island, Left 4 Dead 2, War Z, The Walking Dead, Black Ops, Halo, DayZ, The Binding of Issac, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Sim City, Killzone, Damned
Female Posts : 73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 14:18

Were you using the cracks included in the game downloads or the fix? The ones in the downloads are out of date now (except for uni) so they will cause your game to throw out errors.

What files did you delete?
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by angela15517 on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 16:32

@SoSoBelle, I tried what you suggested, and it did the same thing, so I uninstalled and reinstalled again.
@invalidusername Yes, I used the cracks that were included in the downloaded file. When the game didn't work, I uninstalled both Supernatural and my Sims 3 base game, and reinstalled the base game again to start fresh. What exactly is the ultimate fix, will that help? I don't think I did it right. Is there a place I can get updated cracks? Thank you again everyone for your suggestions Smile

//EDIT

IT FINALLY WORKS!!! I deleted and redownloaded everything, applied the
ultimate fix as per instructions and it works!! Thank you sooo much!!!
Just curious, though, can I still download other expansions even though I
already applied the fix? or do I have to delete the fix and start all
over that way? Thanks again!!
angela15517
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 22:28

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.
Glad to hear it's working so far!

Do you still need assistance?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by angela15517 on Mon 18 Mar 2013, 17:06

Nope, I got everything to work, its laggy, but it works Smile Thanks again Smile
angela15517
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top