No Street Art Skill/Social Groups

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Street Art Skill/Social Groups

Post by TheMagicMunchkin on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 19:19

So I've checked everywhere for a solution to these problems and I can't find one. And I can't post in the Sims 3 forum to ask them because I don't have a registered game so I've been lurking there for answers with no luck.

First, I am entirely unable to use the street art kit. I have an avante garde sim who has completed a term at university with 12 credits towards a fine arts degree with a painting skill of 8 and she can't use the kit. My only options are to give it as a gift or put it back into my inventory. It's really frustrating because her lifetime wish is to be a master street artist. People have mentioned graffiti skill books but I don't have those. I have a book called "graffitiology" but there's only one and it's not a skill book.

Second, social groups aren't working. Apparently, you're supposed to be able to see who belongs to what social group when you hover your cursor over a sim but I can't. Nothing shows up. My sim has done about 15 keg stands and they don't register (you know when you check social groups and at the bottom there's a list of three things that are important to gaining status for that group and there's a tally for how many times you've done that action? Mine is always zero, for any social group, for any action). And it's not that social groups aren't there - because they are. If I complete an opportunity that is specific to a group, it will tell me I've gained influence with them but it doesn't show up when I check in on my progress.

I did have Twallan's Story Progression installed but I removed it once I read that it conflicted with uni, but it was turned off for both sims that I sent to uni, anyway.

I have tried a vanilla game - all CC/mods removed, cache, thumbnails, worldcache's all deleted (I've put everything back in the game now because obviously cc and mods weren't the problem and the only mod I have installed now is one that increases the speed for gaining skills). Nothing is helping. Everything else is working just fine. But these two features are completely non-functional. Please help meeeeee.

Edit: My sims also cannot play table tennis/juice pong. I can queue the action but when they try to play the sim just kinda resets herself in another area of the room. And it's not just her. Whoever she was going to play with resets with her.

Edit2: I suppose I should also mention that I have every single EP and SP installed, all downloaded from here and that my computer is more than capable of running the game so it's definitely not some weird hardware issue.

TheMagicMunchkin
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Street Art Skill/Social Groups

Post by styblsd on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 19:28

I am having the exact same issues.

Social Groups are practically non-existent, can't play table tennis (juice pong still works for me, however), I get no progress for social groups, etc.

This stuff happened with me when I installed Seasons too, however. When G4TW released Seasons, I couldn't skate on the pond, roll around on the roller rink, or use the snowboard halfpipe without my sim "resetting".

It's kind of a bummer, because these are the biggest parts of the UL EP. I wanted to make my Jock sim, but I can't, cus it will not register anything.
styblsd
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMagicMunchkin on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 19:53

Are you still not able to do those things for Seasons? And if you can now, what did you do for them to work?

And I also tried to see if it was maybe just my save games that I used the Story Progression mod in that were the problem and they're not. I just started a fresh game in Sunset Valley. I made a throw-away sim with the avant garde trait (so he would automatically have the street art kit) and I increased his painting skill to five. The books people have mentioned still did not show up at my book store and even at painting skill five I had no options for the street art kit. I should also mention that my sims don't think they own a kit. One of their first wishes is to buy one when there's already one in their inventory. So I dunno what's going on. I haven't found anyone else reporting this problem.

TheMagicMunchkin
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Juice Box Monstah on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 19:58

Do you have the store fix in your game at all? That seems to be causing a lot of problems for people who have installed University. I wrote a guide to help those who have problems with their class schedule showing up, but I wonder if it might help people with other problems as well. The store fix seems to be messing up a few different things in the University Expansion. If you want to give the guide a shot, you can click here to see if it helps. If it does help your game, please let me know! Since you aready removed cache files, you'll only have to remove the store fix, if you have it. If you don't have the store fix installed, I hope you find a way to fix your game soon, and good luck!

Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Plants VS Zombies, Little Big Planet, Mario Galaxy, Bioshock, CoD, Prototype, Resistance, Assasins Creed, and much more. :]
Female Posts : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMagicMunchkin on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 20:01

So I don't have the storefix but I did notice you mentioned to delete "storefix_decrap" Again, I don't have any store fixes but I did decrapify all of my sims3packs just after I installed university. Could that be causing a problem?

TheMagicMunchkin
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Juice Box Monstah on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 20:05

It's possible, copy that file and put it in a backup folder, then delete the file out of your game. Try the game and see if it works. If it still doesn't work, you can put it back in your game.

Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Plants VS Zombies, Little Big Planet, Mario Galaxy, Bioshock, CoD, Prototype, Resistance, Assasins Creed, and much more. :]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by milaconspires on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 21:32

I'm having the same problem, no social group interactions and can't use the skeleton either. Plus, my sims can't finish a comic book, when they're about to finish one, they just reset and stand beside the place they were sitting.

I did apply the recommendations by Juice Box Monstah and though my class schedule has appear, the rest continues to give me problems.

btw, the solution by Juice Box Monstah happens to have solved too a problem where my sim couldn't listen to a presentation.
milaconspires
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMagicMunchkin on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 00:54

Do any of you guys have skill mods installed? Because I just read on the sims forum that sims jumping out of actions (like on the skating rink) are caused by skill mods that aren't updated.

Edit: Removed my skill mod and tested my game. I'm now able to use the street art kit and social groups exist. I haven't tried to become a member of one yet but when I hover my cursor over another sim it tells me if they belong to any social group and what level they are. Haven't tried to gain influence yet or try the ping pong table. I'll keep you guys posted. Smile

Update: I can gain influence in social groups, play table tennis, and perform street art. Delete your skill mods if you have any, guys! Smile People have also been commenting that skills increase faster with UL so I think the way sims earn skills has possibly been changed and now it's interfering with the mods.

TheMagicMunchkin
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by milaconspires on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 05:02

Ooo I do have skill mods installed! I'm gonna try and remove them and will comeback to report!
milaconspires
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by styblsd on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 05:03

I had a few of Nraas' mods installed, but removed them, and I am still experiencing problems.

styblsd
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMagicMunchkin on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 05:12

Do you have other mods installed? Because nothing changed after I removed Nraas' mods - they weren't the problem- but everything was fixed after I removed my mod that changed how fast a sim earns skills.

And according to people on the EA forum, the reason why sims reset when trying to use the ice rink is because of any mod that edits skills.

TheMagicMunchkin
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by styblsd on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 05:18

Nope, Nraas' mods are the only mods I use. I'm wondering if relativity could be the problem? I didn't delete that one because that is one mod that I HAVE to have to play the game without getting frustrated, and that does alter the skills in a way because when I have my custom time, it changes the time skills take to grow.
styblsd
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMagicMunchkin on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 05:42

I think relativity might be one that's causing problems with uni life.

TheMagicMunchkin
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by milaconspires on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 06:47

I updated my skills mods and it is working so far, though I can't see in which groups are other sims :/ is that supposed to happen? or maybe my sims is not "influential" enough to see that?
milaconspires
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMagicMunchkin on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 06:49

You can see it even if you don't have influence in any group, but not all sims are in a group.

TheMagicMunchkin
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Juice Box Monstah on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 06:50

That's not supposed to happen, I updated my guide for helping people with Sims University. It helps with more issues now. Maybe skim through it and see if there is something new there that you haven't tried yet? Here is the link to the guide.

Last edited by Juice Box Monstah on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 06:51; edited 1 time in total

Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by milaconspires on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 06:50

but not a single NPC in my town is in a group... I can see my groups with the label and all
milaconspires
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by raelaroux on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 22:14

same thigns been happening to me.
i have no mods at all..
i already did that store fixes thing to see my class schedule..

and i BOUGHT this game.. first time since late night that i bought a game and first time since that ive had a bug.
now i have multiple. -.-
raelaroux
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims
Female Posts : 114

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by raelaroux on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 00:07

solved. it was the hidden skills mod/package.
raelaroux
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims
Female Posts : 114

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by styblsd on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 05:32

Fixed my game!

I did a thorough looking into my packages folder, trying to find if I had any mods installed that I did not remember. There were 2.

Now, I removed them both at the same time, so I don't know which of the 2 it was, but I'm pretty sure I have an idea as to which one is was.

I removed 1 mod that put camera's from WA into my game, same functionality, without having WA installed. I don't think this was the one that was causing the problem, however.

The second mod, was a "No Autonomous Play Computer" mod. This is the one I believe may have been the problem, as it alters the game and disables certain aspects. So, I can deal with the annoyingly loud computer games if it means my game will work.
styblsd
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rhofelmarie on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 12:50

exactly, its the mods skill that cause the problem, but there is still one prob I saw, its the thing that my sims can't invite friends during graduation
rhofelmarie
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 3
Female Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 20:53

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by katiecav1989 on Wed 20 Mar 2013, 03:15

Okay i'm having the same issues...but on top of all of this it says that i have a mod installed when i enter my game but i have no mod folder in my game data files...Where would the mod be installed? It's been forever since i've done this and I really want to start playing again. What should the mod file say? and where would it be? Please help!!

katiecav1989
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by katiecav1989 on Fri 22 Mar 2013, 21:12

never mind my post...i feel like such an idiot...i was looking in the wrong folder. I deleted my mods so hopefully this works now.

katiecav1989
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum