Guide: Sims 3 University Life (All In Game Problems) Fix!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Guide: Sims 3 University Life (All In Game Problems) Fix!

Post by Awesome Jacket on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 04:23

mslisalisa wrote:
imjozze wrote:
Awesome Jacket wrote:Unfortunately this didn't fix my problem, my problem is that after I get my degree, I can't interact with anyone, use my phone, or when my ride gets there to take me back to my home outside of the university, well, it never comes so I'm stuck. Any advice?

I have the same problem, but my Sims can't interact in any moment... I don't know what to do.

My problem was I my sim couldn't interact with any other sims. Also in map view the buildings didn't have names and I couldn't choose to live with other sims.
It all came down to a mod. Do you use mods?

I removed my mods folder and put it on my desktop and deleted the cache files listed in this thread. Then I started the game without my mods folder without all my CC I use. I tested the game and all worked fine.
From there I made a new Mods folder and added my CC back into it. Then tested the game. Then I added only one mod (Master Controller) and tested again. From there the game started working for me.

I don't have mods and I removed the cache files as well. I saved before I have to go to the graduation ceremony so when I load my save everything is working fine, it's just after the ceremony when everything glitches up

Awesome Jacket
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deblake60 on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 04:31

I've done pretty much everything in the guide and it did help some. I'm still having issues and I'm leaning towards a glitchy EA release, it's not like they haven't don it before!

My sims, so far, can not interact with the skeleton, bee hives, rock climber (they reset to a spot near the object).

I have no MODS anymore (took it out and backed it up) and still have issues. However, the Sims can now Read a comic (still resets, but after the comic is read), can see the social groups and play juice pong (which I could not have done before).

I'm sure there will be either an EA patch or the great folks here will find a way to fix it.

deblake60
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BrittanyYoungx on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 04:44

I'm about to get rid of all of my mods, I don't have any issues at all with University except for the fact that I have no class schedule. Story progression works, etc. Just no schedule.

Please click the signature to be redirected to JacksFund, a fund to help raise brain tumour awareness in Jack Marshall's name, a boy who died age 6 in the UK of terminal brain cancer.
BrittanyYoungx
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Skyrim, Assassins Creed, FIFA 13, Football Manager 13
Female Posts : 13

View user profile http://www.brittanyyoung.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by styblsd on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 05:34

Found a mod that may cause issues, as my issues were fixed upon removal.

I had a "No Autonomous" mod installed, for the computer games. I was always annoyed how my sims would always go to the computer and play games, but after removing this mod, my game now works flawlessly.

So if you have mods installed that disable autonomy for certain things, remove them!
styblsd
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mslisalisa on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 08:31

The only problem I am having now is the dreaded material is matrerializing when I want to change a pattern on a item.
mslisalisa
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3
Female Posts : 97

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaskedCupcake on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 09:01

Hey guys I have a problem, The sims 3 university is working fine, i have class scheguel and yeah, but in the social groups no one is a nerd no jocks no rebels, it doesnt show up and in the world it doesnt show up too, i have no mods, did everything but the store fix, no CC but still nothing,should i make a new world and see if it goes or will they pop up on the old one?

MaskedCupcake
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rhofelmarie on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 12:54

thanks @admin. it works except for one, I cnt invite friends and family after grad. all I did is I remove all the mods and problems like no street art, no bowling, science skill, social group, can go home after graduation were solved. only the invitation still remains. help
rhofelmarie
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 3
Female Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by autumns on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 17:39

i tried all this the first time and it didnt work so i'm deleting the DCBackup and i took out the premium contents fix Sad which will stop the deep fry an chocolate fountain from working. Premium Contents Fix (Version 2.4) <- i took out every other fix that i have and the error trap Sad and now deleting cache and the back up... i will reset sim and drop out and enroll again i really hope this works.

autumns
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

Female Posts : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Should I Remove?

Post by BrittanyYoungx on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 20:30

Here's a screenshot of what I've got in there currently. Looking for a fix for the no class schedule. Appreciate any help!!

I've already removed the cache, etc. and did all the other steps from the guide.

Please click the signature to be redirected to JacksFund, a fund to help raise brain tumour awareness in Jack Marshall's name, a boy who died age 6 in the UK of terminal brain cancer.
BrittanyYoungx
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Skyrim, Assassins Creed, FIFA 13, Football Manager 13
Female Posts : 13

View user profile http://www.brittanyyoung.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EmilyAnn13 on Mon 11 Mar 2013, 05:31

I had the issue of my sim not having any classes. As in, she got there, but her academics tab said that she had already finished her classes. Razz I didn't really mind too much... Let her play around without school, t'was great lmao. After growing bored of this, I naturally made her drop out.
Then, when she went home I just played her as per usual, had her give birth - Twallan's Woohooer accidentally got her pregnant, woops! - and then took the aptitude test the university mascot had left at her door. She did fairly well, got some money towards school, and then when I sent her back to university - poof! She had classes. This was the difference, last time I sent her before the university basket had even arrived. Maybe that was the issue? Either way, everything worked after that. (:

A few unsolved issues with the game I've had since, not sure if it's EA or not:
1. Upon returning to university after dropping out my sim had lost the skills and social statuses she had obtained while there before. It was there while back in her homeworld, but once she'd gone again they disappeared Sad The logic she had gained back home stayed, however - the skills from university did not. This didn't bug me too much as I could use Master Controller to cheat them back, but it was still slightly perplexing lol.
2. Her boyfriend keeps returning to "romantic interest", and I keep having to cheat them back to dating again. xP
3. My sim dropped her cup of "juice" that she had poured from the keg onto the ground. When clicking to pick it up, I found the interaction was blank. Sorry no screenshot for this, it wasn't anything major. After trialing it I found it was just a blank string clearly supposed to say "drink", but it bugged me.
4. While doing "heat of the moment kiss" each time the sims kiss the heartbreak icon appears in a speech bubble. Razz LOLWUT. Oh well, it kinda amuses me. Of course it bugs me too, but I'm a true Virgo, what can I say?
5. The only interaction my sim is unable to do with the science machine - I forget the name, but it's for the Science & Medicine degree - is to clone a sim's DNA. The rest works, but whenever my sim gets the wish to clone some friends she is unable. Through the machine's "Clone sample..." the sims' DNA doesn't show up (though plants and bugs and such do), and through the inventory the DNA's Clone sample's option it is faded and says "interaction unavailable". My sim is Science level ten, too... Oh woe is me.
6. Biggest issue of all is probably when my sim wouldn't go to class. The notification came up saying she had class soon, but when clicking the "go to class" icon another notification would come up saying she didn't have class, and to check the class schedule. Well the class schedule said she had class! D: Rinse and repeat, me telling the sim to go to school with the game clearly confused. Once the class had started the game said I was skipping class, but it would still not let me attend. Sad I'm not including this in the main part of my post because I didn't actually solve it - I quit the game without saving, and upon returning it let me go to class. I is confused
I have no idea what made it work... Sorry!

Oh, and I have deleted caches and such and such that the first post says to, of course. My mods are updated for 1.50 - I updated before installing the patch - so I haven't found the need to delete any... yet.

End long post, lol. Sorry, I can type a lot once you get me going. Razz
Hope my solutions/problems help others/me (:
...That didn't make much sense, but I'm sure you all are smart enough to know what I mean. ;p
EmilyAnn13
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 2, Sims 3, Zelda, Mother, Pokemon, Pikmin
Female Posts : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Mon 11 Mar 2013, 08:03

Awesome Jacket wrote:
jones3j4 wrote:I'm not having any crashing issues but my sims cannot get into their college classes!
I send them to class and it takes way after their class starts to get there. Once they do get there they can't get in because too many sims are trying to get into the door! Any advise?

I've had that issue too, I don't think it will register you as skipping until maybe an hour later. My advice is to get a closer dorm next term and brave the slobs that will be living with you lol

I've got the same issue too! And i heard that even the players who are buying authorised copies (copies from EA or Origin or shops, etc..) also have the same issue too! Maybe EA should help fix the glitch.
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by milaconspires on Mon 11 Mar 2013, 21:36

After I updated my skills mods everything ig going smoothly, but I wanted to ask one more thing, can I use the storefix back?
milaconspires
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by piratesswoop on Mon 11 Mar 2013, 23:33

Hmm, I'm having issues, but I don't have the StoreFix files. I feel like I should, I recently clicked from the launcher to install them, bu they don't show up in either Overrides or Packages.
piratesswoop
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Crusader Kings & The Sims
Female Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deblake60 on Tue 12 Mar 2013, 00:05

I'm not playing with MODS, but my son is and since I located the ones that are causing the probs, his game runs great. He has full interactions and is a member of a social group. Here's the MODS that I've found, not sure if you have them or not, but what the heck:
AdditionalActivites.package
HidenSkillsUnhidden.package
NoBuildSparkles.package
I did test these in my game, one at a time, they still caused some problems, but with all 3 it was chaos.
Note that I didn't have to do anything to his storefixes and he doesn't have any Nraas MODS. Hope this helps.
deblake60
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Sims 2, SPORE, Plants Vs Zomies, Bejeweled 3, misc tastes
Male Posts : 218

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FiremansWife09 on Tue 12 Mar 2013, 01:40

I have done all of this, and still can not interact with the bowling lanes. I have the options for them, but once clicked nothing happens.

FiremansWife09
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FiremansWife09 on Tue 12 Mar 2013, 02:23

Nevermind! I fixed it.

FiremansWife09
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deblake60 on Tue 12 Mar 2013, 03:40

FiremansWife09 wrote:Nevermind! I fixed it.
It's always nice to share with others how you fixed something. Cool
deblake60
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Sims 2, SPORE, Plants Vs Zomies, Bejeweled 3, misc tastes
Male Posts : 218

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FiremansWife09 on Tue 12 Mar 2013, 03:49

Sorry, there was simply a mod I kept overlooking that once removed allowed me to use the object.

FiremansWife09
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redkimchi on Tue 12 Mar 2013, 05:15

Hi, I've been having class related problems:

1. None of them wants to attend the meet and greet.
2. Buying snacks and drinks in the coffee shop usually leaves them frozen standing.
3. out of 4 sims, only 1 attends their class. when i click on them to attend, it says it is not their schedule. but it is according to the list.

I removed every Mod I have.
Deleted the Caches. Still, the interaction resets

*EDIT*
I actually figured to solve most of the issues we are having. Delete your entire The Sims 3 folder in Documents. Although it's sucks to repeat everything, after doing that, everything worked fine for me

redkimchi
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : PC
Male Posts : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by loskyabove on Tue 12 Mar 2013, 17:45

i did everything that was listed. (i dont have have of the storefix mods) and as soon as the meet and greet pops up everything stops working. i cant sketch, i cant tag walls or the ground. the objects related to ul automatically reset my sim when i use them. i played all weekeng long with zero issues. so whats causing them now?

loskyabove
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redkimchi on Tue 12 Mar 2013, 20:11

loskyabove wrote:i did everything that was listed. (i dont have have of the storefix mods) and as soon as the meet and greet pops up everything stops working. i cant sketch, i cant tag walls or the ground. the objects related to ul automatically reset my sim when i use them. i played all weekeng long with zero issues. so whats causing them now?

well happened to me in a similar manner.
have you tried, deleting the folder itself? Follow this:
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling.html

worked for me actually. now my game is bug free so far

redkimchi
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hamham0927 on Wed 13 Mar 2013, 10:31

redkimchi wrote:
loskyabove wrote:i did everything that was listed. (i dont have have of the storefix mods) and as soon as the meet and greet pops up everything stops working. i cant sketch, i cant tag walls or the ground. the objects related to ul automatically reset my sim when i use them. i played all weekeng long with zero issues. so whats causing them now?

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling.html

When you deleted your sims 3 folder. Did you start from the beginning? or you put back your save files and continue?

hamham0927
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redkimchi on Wed 13 Mar 2013, 15:01

hamham0927 wrote:
redkimchi wrote:

When you deleted your sims 3 folder. Did you start from the beginning? or you put back your save files and continue?

putting back my saves actually triggers the bugs. but the new game is bug free even after saving.

redkimchi
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steak n eggs on Wed 13 Mar 2013, 16:02

Yeah, that's is strange about deleting your WHOLE sims 3 folder in Documents. My brain might explode if I did that. I'm contemplating it though because between myself and my daughter, there are a TON of saves in my saves folder. But it does make sense how everything is bug free after having deleted the folder, that is where all the 'bugs' would be! Wink

anyway, why I'm commenting actually is that I'd like some more information on these "store fix" files. I've had them since they were made available, always gotten the store downloads and fixes from G4TW and have always just gone along with the masses in putting the files where they needed to be etc. But why does this walkthrough say to DELETE the store fix files? Why would those be causing such issues? I personally don't think they are, I think it's just an EA glitch, just like with Pets, juts like with Supernatural. There's always that bit of time after a huge EP release, where everyone's games go flipped out wonky, and once EA releases a patch all is well for a while... so I am just curious why the store fix files? Why is this "fixing" most people's issues? (it appeared to fix mine, I think! I dunno, I haven't played Univ, just my daughter, and she's not reported anything strange going on since I removed the Mods and store fix files)... anyone?

Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Xbox Fanatic, Bioshock, Dante's Inferno, Assassins Creed, Dishonored, Borderlands, Dead Island, Left for Dead, Silent Hill, Lego games...
Female Posts : 129

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redkimchi on Wed 13 Mar 2013, 18:04

steak n eggs wrote:Yeah, that's is strange about deleting your WHOLE sims 3 folder in Documents. My brain might explode if I did that. I'm contemplating it though because between myself and my daughter, there are a TON of saves in my saves folder. But it does make sense how everything is bug free after having deleted the folder, that is where all the 'bugs' would be! Wink

anyway, why I'm commenting actually is that I'd like some more information on these "store fix" files. I've had them since they were made available, always gotten the store downloads and fixes from G4TW and have always just gone along with the masses in putting the files where they needed to be etc. But why does this walkthrough say to DELETE the store fix files? Why would those be causing such issues? I personally don't think they are, I think it's just an EA glitch, just like with Pets, juts like with Supernatural. There's always that bit of time after a huge EP release, where everyone's games go flipped out wonky, and once EA releases a patch all is well for a while... so I am just curious why the store fix files? Why is this "fixing" most people's issues? (it appeared to fix mine, I think! I dunno, I haven't played Univ, just my daughter, and she's not reported anything strange going on since I removed the Mods and store fix files)... anyone?

Well, it might be that not all saves have issues, in my case since i had just 1 save game, when i tried using the back up, everything is still wonky. that's why i have to start over again (Losing months worth of progress sucks big time!). but i can't say for those like you that has more than 1 save file. My theory about this is that the game acts up similar to the patch the bug issues with Supernatural in w/c you need to make a new save, just this one is worse. And one thing i notice, though i am unsure, is when the new Sims 3 Folder was generated, i there were changes? or some folders were not generated like the old ones.

Regarding the Store Fixes, though i never use them at all, I think if it's a mod, then anything related to altering the game behavior might be a possible culprit. that's why removing them is suggested for the mean time.

redkimchi
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 20:59

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by redkimchi on Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:05

Admin wrote:Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?

Hi,

Thanks for still replying. Well, now my game is working fine. All i did was delete the entire The Sims 3 folder in My Documents, let the game generate them again, and i placed all mods and CCs again and still it's working fine. Thanks anyway! (:

redkimchi
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)