Sims 3 cannot update-black-box

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 cannot update-black-box

Post by sicilia on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 16:09

Hello everyone.

I m having problems with my sims 3 game, i downloaded blackbox version and than one by one other expansions(supernatural,seasons,70,80,90 stuffs and university life). When i install the blackbox version works fine, but than when i install supernatural (i need to update but doesnt update because it sends me error in the end of update progress), my game then doesnt start and it gives me error reinstall base game. I have tried all of options including your sims3fix, reinstalled 3 times, trying to install 1.5 patch but in the end of progress it shows me error 0x80040702 and game again doesnt work. I tryed all steps described in the forum but without succes Sad

If anyone could help me i would be very grateful Smile
Have a nice day.

Last edited by sicilia on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 16:11; edited 1 time in total

sicilia
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 cannot update-black-box

Post by Juice Box Monstah on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 20:16

Blackbox is a really bad download for the Sims. I can help you but you are going to have to be patient. :]

Step 1: Uninstall all of your Sims games that you have downloaded.
Step 2: After you uninstall all the games, go to your start menu, and in the search programs bar, type in "regedit", without the quotation marks.
Step 3: Click on the regedit that pops up, it will have an icon with little blue boxes.
Step 4: It will ask for your permission to open regedit, hit "Yes".
Step 5: There will be a list, click the arrow infront of "HKEY_CURRENT_USER", after that another list will drop down. In the new list that drops down, click the arrow beside "Software". Another drop down list will appear, find the folder called "Electronic Arts" and delete it.
Step 6: Hit the arrow beside "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" so the lists all go away. This will make things less confusing.
Step 7: Now hit the arrow for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE". In the new drop down list, hit the arrow for "SOFTWARE". Anything in that list that says "Sims" "Electronic Arts" or "EA", delete it. If there isn't anything that says that, go to the next step.
Step 8: Hit the arrow beside "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" so the list goes away. Just like before.
Step 9: Hit the arrow beside "HKEY_USERS", hit the arrow beside ".DEFAULT", and then hit the arrow beside "Software". Look for anything that says "Sims" "Electronic Arts" or "EA", and delete it. :]

Step 10: Now, download whatever expansions you want along with the base game from games4theworld. Don't get torrents from anyone else, because this will cause problems with the game. :]

Step 11: When you install your games/expansions, you will need to follow the instructions given to make sure you install everything how you are supposed to. To look at the instructions, click here.

I just wanted to say, this same thing happened to me, so no worries, your game will be working in no time if you just do exactly as I wrote and do exactly what the instructions say! :] Good luck!!!

Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Plants VS Zombies, Little Big Planet, Mario Galaxy, Bioshock, CoD, Prototype, Resistance, Assasins Creed, and much more. :]
Female Posts : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 20:49

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by sicilia on Tue 19 Mar 2013, 20:11

Thank you very much Juice Box and Admin. I fixed everything now it works perfect, i just downloaded all sims from your torrents and than followed instructions and game started softly Smile)) Thnx again. Respect for you guys Smile)

sicilia
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Juice Box Monstah on Tue 19 Mar 2013, 23:02

You're welcome! :] Have fun with the game! ;] Also I highly reccomend you check out The Exchange here on the forums there is some pretty nice stuff in there. :]

Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Plants VS Zombies, Little Big Planet, Mario Galaxy, Bioshock, CoD, Prototype, Resistance, Assasins Creed, and much more. :]
Female Posts : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum