Lagging / Freezing issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lagging / Freezing issues

Post by bmandrummer on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 02:10

Ok, it is taking quite sometime to enter a town (sometimes 10 minutes or longer) and no matter what town, what lot, etc that i go to - the game lags. It goes for about 5 seconds and then freezes for 10-15 seconds. When i take my mouse off the screen to move throughout the house or grounds (edge scrolling) it freezes for a good 15-30 seconds and then goes about 5-10 and freezes again. This is very frustrating!

I know there has been a ton of threads pertaining to games lagging and/or freezing. I have looked through a lot of them and tried at least a half a dozen things (taking out the mods folder, lowering the graphic settings within the game, going into Documents/ElectronicArts/ and deleting The Sims 3 folder, etc.). I even installed the 1.50 patch again - as well as the Sims 3 Fix. I have a lot of store content (and i have the latest Store Fixes that just came out). It's actually my wife's laptop. All of the hardware / software / drivers are up-to-date, however, i'm sure it's still a problem with her system. She has been running the game for well over a month and it hasn't given us this problem until today. We installed the University Life SP a few days ago and it was working fine. So i don't think it's that. Can anyone help me with this problem?

bmandrummer
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lagging / Freezing issues

Post by pauuchan on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 18:12

Did you check if the laptop meets the game requirements?

Also, I have the same problem before. My computer did meet the requirements so I know that the problem wasn't my computer. So I downloaded Delphy's Dashboard and found out that I have corrupted and conflicting Mods. I deleted them and my game was running smoothly after.
pauuchan
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lagging / Freezing issues

Post by Adwomin on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 20:54

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum