Lagging / Freezing issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lagging / Freezing issues

Post by bmandrummer on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 02:10

Ok, it is taking quite sometime to enter a town (sometimes 10 minutes or longer) and no matter what town, what lot, etc that i go to - the game lags. It goes for about 5 seconds and then freezes for 10-15 seconds. When i take my mouse off the screen to move throughout the house or grounds (edge scrolling) it freezes for a good 15-30 seconds and then goes about 5-10 and freezes again. This is very frustrating!

I know there has been a ton of threads pertaining to games lagging and/or freezing. I have looked through a lot of them and tried at least a half a dozen things (taking out the mods folder, lowering the graphic settings within the game, going into Documents/ElectronicArts/ and deleting The Sims 3 folder, etc.). I even installed the 1.50 patch again - as well as the Sims 3 Fix. I have a lot of store content (and i have the latest Store Fixes that just came out). It's actually my wife's laptop. All of the hardware / software / drivers are up-to-date, however, i'm sure it's still a problem with her system. She has been running the game for well over a month and it hasn't given us this problem until today. We installed the University Life SP a few days ago and it was working fine. So i don't think it's that. Can anyone help me with this problem?

bmandrummer
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lagging / Freezing issues

Post by pauuchan on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 18:12

Did you check if the laptop meets the game requirements?

Also, I have the same problem before. My computer did meet the requirements so I know that the problem wasn't my computer. So I downloaded Delphy's Dashboard and found out that I have corrupted and conflicting Mods. I deleted them and my game was running smoothly after.
pauuchan
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lagging / Freezing issues

Post by Webmaster on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 20:54

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?

Webmaster
Webmaster

Webmaster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 19210

View user profile