Sims 3 weird startup issue?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 weird startup issue?

Post by SimCraz3D on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 03:15

When I first click play the sims 3 button, it immediately goes to the black screen to began the game (Also if this means anything I have the "no intro" mod installed). After several seconds I can hear the music playing but the screen remains black. So then I have to use ctrl+alt+delete to start task manager and it says that the game isn't responding. I end the task and remove all of my cc in my mods/package folder to a folder on my desktop and from there I start up sims 3 again. It wouldn't play until most recently and then I'd have to go through the same steps of shutting the non-responding game with the task manager. Then I put all my cc back into the mods/ package folder and start the game up and it works perfectly. I went to do the steps today and after removing all of my cc and starting up the game the game began to play. I have no idea what's up with it. I have done several things to find out what the problem is. Originally I thought it was some corrupted cc in my folder and it could still be the problem I suppose. I checked the "run with custom content" and still ran into the same issue. I used delphy's dashboard tool to scan my folder for faulty packages and came up with nothing. I've even checked to make sure that certain mods like my nraas mods were up to date and still came up short. I'm really not sure what to do. I hope I don't have to do all these steps to start the game every time. It's pretty annoying.
SimCraz3D
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 weird startup issue?

Post by SoSoBelle on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 08:06

I had a somewhat similar issue, they updated the intro. Which of course makes the no intro mod out of date. I deleted mine and I stopped having issues so that may be your problem.
SoSoBelle
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Borderlands 1 & 2, Dead Island, Left 4 Dead 2, War Z, The Walking Dead, Black Ops, Halo, DayZ, The Binding of Issac, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Sim City, Killzone, Damned
Female Posts : 73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SimCraz3D on Mon 11 Mar 2013, 20:24

I tried that and it still didn't work Sad I'm positive that it's a package file now though, because now when I moved my package files to a folder I created on my desktop for this and start up the game with an empty mods/package folder it starts up right away fine, no problems. I have 409 in my folder. I've also compressed some files together to make one package file. I've not been able to identity the corrupt file with delphy's dashboard tool, I have idea what to do.
SimCraz3D
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steak n eggs on Wed 13 Mar 2013, 16:10

409?!?! Um yeah. I would consider NOT putting that folder back in there! That is clearly your issue! I would say you are going to have a long trial and error process figuring out which ones can go and which ones can stay!

Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Xbox Fanatic, Bioshock, Dante's Inferno, Assassins Creed, Dishonored, Borderlands, Dead Island, Left for Dead, Silent Hill, Lego games...
Female Posts : 129

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SimCraz3D on Wed 13 Mar 2013, 21:37

Actually I've found out that wasn't the problem. That is clearly NOT the issue. Believe me I've had way more that 409 packages in my mods/package folder and never had this issue before and the game started up fine with no issues whatsoever lol. I went through the process of checking out each package file and found no problem with any of them so yeah i'm still baffled as to what the issue actually is, but thanks for you're comment through.
SimCraz3D
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 21:00

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by SimCraz3D on Mon 18 Mar 2013, 23:05

Yes, i'm still having this issue
SimCraz3D
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :