windows 8, the sims 3 runs with windows 95 compability mode, error code 16, wont read .package file

View previous topic View next topic Go down

windows 8, the sims 3 runs with windows 95 compability mode, error code 16, wont read .package file

Post by landamiaw on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 07:18

hi everyone Smile

so recently I changed my OS to windows 8. Before, I used windows 7, and I had all of sims 3 expansion pack and everything. When i was using windows 7, Ive never had problems with my sims 3. It runs smoothly and i never had any kin of installation or booting problems. 3-4 days before sims 3 university life released, I installed my windows 8 OS and I installed everything I need like when i was using windows 7. And I installed all my sims again, complete with my package files, which never caused any problem. I was upset when I first start my sims 3 university life and it crashed when I got into the university life loading screen. I tried to find the solution and found that visual studio may cause the problem since this is the first time I installed visual studio for school project. Then i found in this site that I might solve this problem by changing .exe to windows 95 compability mode. It works and now i could enter the game and actually play. But what I notice is that EVERYTIME i save, error 16 will occur. I tried to startover with new town and it still shows error 16. The other problem is that my sims 3 wont read .package. I have some downloads and it works, it just wont read .package. I know I have put it in the right folder and use the right framework because Ive been using .package files for a long time. I believe that my laptop spec may not have anything to do with this since Ive used this laptop to play sims 3 previously with windos 7 OS

can someone help me? Sad
i would really appreciate your help

landamiaw
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: windows 8, the sims 3 runs with windows 95 compability mode, error code 16, wont read .package file

Post by invalidusername on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 16:03

Try to run the game without any mods or cc first, so that we can know how a clean game plays. UL changed A LOT of how things work in the game, so a lot of mods &cc because outdated.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: windows 8, the sims 3 runs with windows 95 compability mode, error code 16, wont read .package file

Post by Adwomin on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 21:58

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by landamiaw on Sun 17 Mar 2013, 03:00

yesssss please Sad I still need help

I already tried running with without any cc. nothing changed.
I use nRaas mods and I already downloaded the latest mods, so I knew that it should've worked.
What should I do to fix this error 16 and .package?

landamiaw
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sun 17 Mar 2013, 15:54

Hello,

This...
@invalidusername wrote:Try to run the game without any mods or cc first, so that we can know how a clean game plays.

also means removing this...
@landamiaw wrote:I use nRaas mods and (...)

So please back up and remove ALL your Mods and Custom Content and then try again.
More information about in-game saving errors can be found here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t4523-the-sims-3-save-errors-fix-error-code-12-13-15-16-updated-24-11-2012

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by landamiaw on Mon 18 Mar 2013, 14:12

Hi.

Ive removed all mods, and still my sims 3 cannot save. I also cannot load previously saved-as game that had error code 16. So basically, when I save, it will show error code 16, and then I try save-as then it will save but i cannot load the game.

landamiaw
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum