Sims 3 + Expansions. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 + Expansions. [SOLVED]

Post by HundredGrandInARubberBand on Thu 12 May 2011, 17:45

Hello. I recently installed Sims 3 from another torrent source but I wanted the Late Night expansion so I uninstalled it and am currently downloading Sims 3 from here. However, I've read a few other threads and I am a little confused. Do I have to install Outdoor Stuff to be able to play Late Night? It's just that I don't have a lot of space left on my hard drive and I don't know if I'd have space to download it.

Many thanks.

HundredGrandInARubberBand
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 + Expansions. [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Fri 13 May 2011, 16:02

Hello,

Yes, in order to make ány of the expansions work, you need to do exactly the following:

1. Install The Sims 3 base game. (If you've already installed the base game, ignore this step!)
2. Install Outdoor Living Stuff.*
3. Install Late Night.* (Ignore the Installation Guide which says you need to reinstall everything)
4. Install any other expansions you like. (For WA, just skip the "# Crack" folder)
5. Apply this fix: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
6. Your game should be working fine now!

* = These expansions must be installed in order to make the game work.

If you don't have enough HDD space, you may want to delete some files or consider buying an internal/external HDD for more space.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ILoveTheSims on Fri 13 May 2011, 23:27

To add to this question...

I've downloaded and played TS3 before but when I started trying to add World Adventures, I ran into issues and eventually rendered my installation unplayable.

Now that there are several more expansions and content packs, I'd like to get back into it but before I start downloading and wasting time trying to add all the EPs with the risk of it possibly not working, I'd like to get clear directions on the proper way to proceed to be able to have ALL of the expansions installed. I figured I'd save more time clarifying everything before I waste time experimenting myself.

Regarding step #4 above, does it matter what order I install the other packs?

Are ALL of these compatible (i.e. will any of them "break" anything?): World Adventures, Ambitions, Fast Lane Stuff, High End Loft Stuff...
Do any of the above packs have special instructions, or do I just follow the install instructions included with each one?
Do I install them one at a time?

Is there anything I need to know before attempting to install all six packs? (Late Night, OLS, WA, Amb, FLS, HELS).

THANKS!

ILoveTheSims
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Fri 13 May 2011, 23:40

@ILoveTheSims wrote:To add to this question...

I've downloaded and played TS3 before but when I started trying to add World Adventures, I ran into issues and eventually rendered my installation unplayable.

Now that there are several more expansions and content packs, I'd like to get back into it but before I start downloading and wasting time trying to add all the EPs with the risk of it possibly not working, I'd like to get clear directions on the proper way to proceed to be able to have ALL of the expansions installed. I figured I'd save more time clarifying everything before I waste time experimenting myself.

Regarding step #4 above, does it matter what order I install the other packs?

Are ALL of these compatible (i.e. will any of them "break" anything?): World Adventures, Ambitions, Fast Lane Stuff, High End Loft Stuff...
Do any of the above packs have special instructions, or do I just follow the install instructions included with each one?
Do I install them one at a time?

Is there anything I need to know before attempting to install all six packs? (Late Night, OLS, WA, Amb, FLS, HELS).

THANKS!
Hello,

Nothing you need to worry about; just be sure that you install Outdoor Living Stuff and Late Night first. After those two, the order doesn't matter any more. All of them work together, if you do exactly as I described in my previous post. No special instructions, except for - as described above - WA: just skip the "# Crack" folder completely.
You cán only install one at a time, so, yes.

It's import that you read the instructions included with the Fix VERY carefully on where to put which files. After applying it correctly, the game should work fine!
Please let me know if you have any more questions and good luck!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series

Back to top Go down

Post by ILoveTheSims on Sat 14 May 2011, 23:09

Do I patch each expansion as I go (with the patches included in the downloads) or do I just install all of them and then use the patch in step 5?

ILoveTheSims
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sun 15 May 2011, 11:30

@ILoveTheSims wrote:Do I patch each expansion as I go (with the patches included in the downloads) or do I just install all of them and then use the patch in step 5?
Hello,

Well, if they force you to update, then it's no problem. But if they don't ask you and it's not necessary to update, just wait for step 5.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by ILoveTheSims on Sun 15 May 2011, 17:37

IT WORKED! I'm so glad, all of them are installed and working flawlessly on the first try.

Thanks!

ILoveTheSims
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 16 May 2011, 16:09

@ILoveTheSims wrote:IT WORKED! I'm so glad, all of them are installed and working flawlessly on the first try.

Thanks!
Hello,

Great, have fun playing! If you have any more problems in the future, please let me know.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum