Sims 3 Pets Problem...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Pets Problem...

Post by rainy_day on Tue 19 Mar 2013, 04:49

I have only had the base game and I've wanted Pets for a while, so today I downloaded a Pets torrent. I installed it with no problems up until the point where I copied the TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll files into the Sims 3 bin...I thought I was supposed to replace the originals with the ones from the torrent, so I did. Ever since, when I try to start the game the launcher won't open, it gave me a popup every time that said it couldn't find the TS3W.exe file, had encountered a problem and needed to close. I downloaded the ultimate fix from here a few minutes ago, and put the TS3W.exe file and TSLHost file back into the Bin, but the game still won't run - when I start it now, nothing happens at all.

If I'm not supposed to replace the original files, am I supposed to leave a copy of each in the Bin?

If it matters, my base game was bought, it's the physical CD, and I want to install Pets, Seasons and Ambitions.

rainy_day
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Pets Problem...

Post by Shamrock on Thu 02 May 2013, 16:18

You have to follow every steps of the ultimate fix, and copy/paste files for all expansions that you have.

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Pets Problem...

Post by invalidusername on Fri 03 May 2013, 16:20

What you do, is use the manual patch, and just the crack from the fix. Both can be found here.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum