Sims 3 University Life Origin Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 University Life Origin Issues

Post by poeticcheese on Tue 19 Mar 2013, 20:03

I have downloaded, installed, cracked and fixed many of your Sims 3 expansions and I decided to just purchase and digitally download Sims 3 University Life on Origin. When I try to install, it says it is unable to continue because Sims 3 is corrupt or not installed properly. Is there any way around this? I'm so frustrated that I just wasted $40 and six hours of just waiting.

poeticcheese
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 University Life Origin Issues

Post by Sephymuffins on Wed 20 Mar 2013, 14:56

Cracking is unnecessary. If you go here and follow the steps exactly, you'll be set.

I advise you to uninstall everything and perhaps reinstall. DO NOT CRACK ANY GAME. Go through the process of installing everything (ignore when it prompts you to update and/or install Origin - installing the download wizard or whatever it's called is okay, so long as you don't update your games). Once you get done installing the base game with the expansions again, install University again. Once you get done, via the link, manually patch your game (this forces the game to update to the highest update), then use the Ultimate Fix.
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.
Female Posts : 582

View user profile http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticcheese on Wed 20 Mar 2013, 17:24

Unfortunately, I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled basegame, and launcher refuses to start. It looks like it's starting to load up, but then crashes before it loads. Not sure what's going on, but I think I just broke everything.

poeticcheese
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 05:26

You just have the basegame installed with your comment? You need to at least add a expansion to make it work, so go with the origin one, when prompted to update, allow. And try to play it then, let us know the results.
t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4
Male Posts : 1079

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticcheese on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 18:34

I didn't add the ultimate fix because I have the basegame disk that I actually bought. I went in Launcher to try to update patches and things, and launcher won't even start anymore. Not even for the games that I actually did buy and have the disks to.

poeticcheese
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum