Bleh! Error 12 Save...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bleh! Error 12 Save...

Post by steak n eggs on Fri 22 Mar 2013, 21:37

This isn't really an issue, or question, so perhaps it should be moved to just chit chat? A couple of EP's ago, I had an error 12 issue, and Hexorcist walked me through a few steps to increase my virtual memory etc, setting up DEP and so forth, and I (well, my daughter more than myself) began playing flawlessly for quite some time. No crashing, no error 12! It was nice, until installing University! LOL! Total nightmare of an EP oh my gosh. I'm just to the conclusion that these glitchy annoyances just have to be "put up with" until EA gets an update out to us. In the past few days, my daughter hasn't been able to play but barely 30 mins, and can always save ONCE, but any time she tries to play longer or attempts to save for a second time, she gets an error 12 and she's whining at me to fix it, and I have to keep telling her that there isn't anything else I can do until EA puts out a update. I've read forums everywhere that even people who have 100% paid for and installed games are getting error 12's upon save. I've disabled memories, cleaned all cache files, added everything to DEP, cleaned .bad files, rebooted etc etc and my poor little stinker still can't play properly! We're all pretty much just having to sit and wait, I think... anyone else's opinions on the matter? Question

Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Xbox Fanatic, Bioshock, Dante's Inferno, Assassins Creed, Dishonored, Borderlands, Dead Island, Left for Dead, Silent Hill, Lego games...
Female Posts : 129

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bleh! Error 12 Save...

Post by sims3hope on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 01:49

Do you know how her game has been playing? Are the graphics good? I think this is a memory issue. Not sure though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
sims3hope
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, COD Black Ops, Band of Brothers
Female Posts : 168

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 01:57

Remove any mods/cc that you have for now, and see if that helps your game.

Gamebooster is a lifesaver, if you don't already have it.

@sims3hope wrote:Do you know how her game has been playing? Are the graphics good? I think this is a memory issue. Not sure though.

Error 12 is definitely a memory issue.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steak n eggs on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 01:58

Oh yeah, graphics have always been good. I think it's a memory thing too, but not quite sure... not sure what else I could do, my computer has decent specs and I can and have played it perfectly... I wonder if it's memory/specs issue or a game issue, like on EA's side... I don't have mods or CC as well, and gamebooster wouldn't make a difference. I have a custom built computer that's pretty bad ass...

Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Xbox Fanatic, Bioshock, Dante's Inferno, Assassins Creed, Dishonored, Borderlands, Dead Island, Left for Dead, Silent Hill, Lego games...
Female Posts : 129

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sims3hope on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 02:03

@steak n eggs wrote:Oh yeah, graphics have always been good. I think it's a memory thing too, but not quite sure... not sure what else I could do, my computer has decent specs and I can and have played it perfectly... I wonder if it's memory/specs issue or a game issue, like on EA's side... I don't have mods or CC as well, and gamebooster wouldn't make a difference. I have a custom built computer that's pretty bad ass...
Ah custom built how nice! As for the memory [please forgive me as I have Windows 8] go to My computer [I think that's where it is Question ] and check how much memory is on your Hard Drive. Would you mind writing back and telling us how much you have or any other things you discover that is helpful.
sims3hope
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, COD Black Ops, Band of Brothers
Female Posts : 168

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Tue 26 Mar 2013, 13:53

Hello,

Try errortrap.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum