Sims 3 Pets

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Pets

Post by sims3hope on Fri 22 Mar 2013, 23:23

Before I go any further, you should know that this will be a very long post!
The Sims Plumbob 1 Sorry if this is in the wrong thread it inclued both Download and in game problems The Sims Plumbob 1

After playing the game I decided all the sudden that I want my Sim to have a little pet kitty she (the sim) is pregnant and thought it would be a great addition to the new family. Well now the fun is over. I exited out of the game and remembered that I had installed Pets ages ago (Pirated version not store bought) so, I downloaded it with no problems but the files didn't come with a crack so here I am looking for a crack many of them have passwords that you have to look for on their site. Many of them outdated or deleted. I finally find one but I have to do a survey once that was done I put it in the bin and I start a new game. I get to the loading screen but the bar has only loaded 1/10 of the way and froze and Windows tells me that the Sims 3 has stopped working. I try without mods, that doesn't work I try without cc and thankfully I get past the loading screen. But I get a popup saying "Your graphics card is unrecognized we have set your setting as high as a possible feel free to lower them down if you experiences any graphical issues" I click the check mark and what I see is unbelievable. There is nothing there! The towns drop down menu is empty the Thumbnail picture is empty and where you choose a family is empty. I tried to take a screenshot but my laptop refused to. Believe me I wish I could show you but the picture came up as completely black. I know I sound crazy but I'm not. I then uninstall and install your version same thing happened only I didn't get the error about my graphics. Here is what I did.
1.Uninstall re-install
2.Restart computer
3.Updated Graphics card
4. Tried your crack that came with
5.Researching forums
6.Tried to add Sims 3 pets to D.E.P (I couldn't find my .exe files?)

Now before you say something both of us know that I made a mistake. Even though I have thoroughly read how to properly read the "How to install The Sims 3 Correctly" I didn't think much of the Ultimate fix which replaces the crack and the manual patch.
Before I try to re-download pets and Supernatural here are somethings you and I should know.

Next time I reinstall I will be sure to > RE-DOWNLOAD and RE-APPLY manual patch, RE-DOWNLOAD the latest version of the Ultimate Fix.
^ Do you think this is why what happened did happen? Cause I didn't do the following stated above?
Can you tell me anything else I did wrong so that whatever happened doesn't happen again?

Here are some things you might want to know based off of reading other posts.
> I am updated to patch 1.50
> I bought The Sims 3 (Base game), Late night, Generations and Ambitions with my own money.
> I am playing on an hp laptop running Windows 8.
> This is not my first time downloading Pirated versions, I have downloaded Seasons and Showtime before just fine but decided to uninstall due to heavy lag. (You might wonder "well if she has download 2 other expansion packs that cause lag then why are downloading 2 more that will still cause lag? Well Season requires VERY HIGH graphics requirements and while my Laptop can run it, I didn't think it was the best idea. I'm willing to uninstall Late Night and anyways I think I'll just go with Pets, It's my first choice if I can't download it due to requirements or any other reason Supernatural is my backup.

I had to do a restore cause my game was literally unplayable everything is back to normal!

Boy this thread is long thanks to those who read this, if anyone actually read it.
sims3hope
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, COD Black Ops, Band of Brothers
Female Posts : 168

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Pets

Post by invalidusername on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 01:51

It was actually probably the original crack that you got for use with pets, since that's when you started having issues.

Next time, if you ever have to uninstall, restart your computer before re-installing. It makes it more likely that all the files got cleared out.

So is your problem solved then?
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sims3hope on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 01:55

invalidusername wrote:It was actually probably the original crack that you got for use with pets, since that's when you started having issues.

Next time, if you ever have to uninstall, restart your computer before re-installing. It makes it more likely that all the files got cleared out.

So is your problem solved then?

Thanks for replying! And I resolved my problem by doing a system restore. No Pet's files are on my Laptop cause I did the restore prior to downloading/installing Pets, on purpose. So now my game was back to how it was. Do have anything important to ask or point out?
sims3hope
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, COD Black Ops, Band of Brothers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 02:01

Not really, I didn't actually see anything that you did wrong, it might have been a screwy download, the crack, a mod/cc, or your computer & the game having a bit of a spat. Really, with the Sims, it's hard to tell.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sims3hope on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 02:13

invalidusername wrote:Not really, I didn't actually see anything that you did wrong, it might have been a screwy download, the crack, a mod/cc, or your computer & the game having a bit of a spat. Really, with the Sims, it's hard to tell.
Thanks! I'll try again [later] and see how it goes!
sims3hope
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum