Sent sims to University but when the University world loads it comes up with the create a sim, move in household and choose household option? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sent sims to University but when the University world loads it comes up with the create a sim, move in household and choose household option? [SOLVED]

Post by TashSim on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 07:41

The title says it all....I'm not exactly sure if this is supposed to happen? I got my sim to do the University test thingo before she left. I've tried numerous amount of times to re-send her to University but the same thing keeps happening...

— Ellie (The Last of Us)
TashSim
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Silent Hill Series, The Last Of Us
Female Posts : 78

View user profile http://simtasia.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sent sims to University but when the University world loads it comes up with the create a sim, move in household and choose household option? [SOLVED]

Post by Natalya on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 12:35

Yes, it is supposed to happen. Just choose "Choose Household" and select to move your sim in either a fraternity or a sorority or you can rent a house by yourself or with a roomate.

Please take my poll for favorite Sims 3 creature : http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t6795-poll-favorite-sim-type#47880
And the poll for favorite Sims 3 Expansion and Stuff pack : http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t6796-poll-favorite-expansion-stuff-pack
Natalya
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, WWE 12, WWE 13, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Harry Potter games
Female Posts : 256

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sent sims to University but when the University world loads it comes up with the create a sim, move in household and choose household option? [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 13:36

You shouldn't have to re-select the active sim as a household, as that is probably going to cause other problems down the road. Any mods?
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TashSim on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 23:00

Yeah I have mods, but the same thing happens with my sister and she doesn't have any mods or custom content. So it's most likely not mods.

— Ellie (The Last of Us)
TashSim
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferren on Wed 27 Mar 2013, 12:38

I think this problem has nothing to do with mods or cc. Yesterday this happened to me too. I also have other problems:

- Sims aren't graduating and aren't getting any credits when they return home. It's like they never attended university.
- When sims go home, the "traveling home"- screen appears without warning at midnight (just like in World Adventures) not at 9pm...
- While at hometown random sims suddenly walk right into my house and they seem to be my "roommates".
- Game crashes a lot
- On a lecture sims won't go home when they should. One time I noticed my sim was sitting on a lecture late at night with other sims (lecture should have ended hours ago.)

I don't have any mods or cc. I think university life and WA- expansions have somehow mixed.

Ferren
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : World of Warcraft, The Sims 3, TheHunter 2012
Female Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferren on Wed 27 Mar 2013, 12:44

Ferren
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : World of Warcraft, The Sims 3, TheHunter 2012
Female Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TashSim on Sun 31 Mar 2013, 14:04

I tried the fix, but it didn't work, one question though with the fix...Do I have to do that fix every time I want to play sims? Any other suggestions?

— Ellie (The Last of Us)
TashSim
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Sun 31 Mar 2013, 14:43

Natalya wrote:Yes, it is supposed to happen. Just choose "Choose Household" and select to move your sim in either a fraternity or a sorority or you can rent a house by yourself or with a roomate.
Ignore what he said. It is fake!

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TashSim on Sun 31 Mar 2013, 15:09

What do you mean it's fake? Do you mean that isn't supposed to happen? If so do you know any way I could fix this problem?

— Ellie (The Last of Us)
TashSim
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Sun 31 Mar 2013, 16:06

Backup and completely remove "documents/electronic arts/sims 3" then try the game.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Mon 01 Apr 2013, 13:30

I mean it is not supposed to happen!

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lcheintz on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 05:36

I'm having the same problem right now. Did backup/remove files work for you?

lcheintz
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luthien on Wed 10 Jul 2013, 21:49

same problem.. backup/delete backup, mods, folder The Sims 3 in my documents don't work for me.. any ideas? Sad

edit.
also university world is loading, and loading and after 20mins its still loading.. Sad

luthien
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Thu 11 Jul 2013, 05:51

Hello,

Can you open another topic to discuss the issue?

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luthien on Thu 11 Jul 2013, 09:35

Hi.
I reinstalled sims 3 university, because it didnt work even with new family, new neighborhood, like I said before I deleted my mods, downloads, backup, then I removed entire Sims 3 in my document and it didn help. no sense to think about it longer, so i reinstalled expansion and installed again.
Now everything is work fine so its solved for me Razz

Thanks Smile

//LOCKED
Shamrock

luthien
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 16