not as much as a complaint as a request

View previous topic View next topic Go down

not as much as a complaint as a request

Post by aboutturnsalute on Wed 27 Mar 2013, 02:07

I'm pretty bummed with the bugs in the Sims 3 University. I haven't had any problems before from games4theworld downloads...

I posted the problems under the name (under the appropriate Sims In Game Problems forum): Sims 3 University Specific Problems

Sloth Demon was kind enough to say what he knows, but I'd appreciate if Admins could take a look at what has went wrong.

Sloth mentions how to reset Sims on my lot, but there are other problems Id liked to be addressed.

1) When the Sim I'm playing orders a beverage or snack, if the Sim has a following action, the beverage/snack disapears instead of being consumed by the Sim.

2) When a Sim graduates a term, it receives a notification call to be sent back to its hometown lot. However, after going through the motions of saying goodbyes and going to the street to wait for his/her ride, nothing happens. I tried to 'drop out' the Sim just so it'd go back to its hometown, but it didn't work. I finally tried to Edit Town (through Just Continue), then Return to Game, only then would it send my Sim back. But it was weird and glitchy, it sort of restarted the College experience, by having me choose a Dormitory for my Sim all over again...Luckily through the confusion, I just pick the same Dorm it had before and things were as I left it. I had my Sim 'drop out' again, and this time it finally went home. I would've been much happier if the game functioned as it was suppose to.

3)When the Sim got back, I was in control of not just the Sim I had been playing, but all its (6 Sims) Dorm buddies too. Honestly I didn't want to have to remove them, because I didn't know what that would mean for the game-play if I choose to go back to the College Campus. I tried to remove all the Sims through the game by having them move out. They were 'kicked out', but only 2 of them left the premise. The are still 4 remaining, but no action can be done to them. I tried to remove them individually through in-game action, by 'ask to leave' but it didn't work. They're just unwanted guest, bugs in the game now.

Being so frustrated, I don't even know if my Sim got to keep the credits/grade it achieved.

I'll try Sloth's advise with the cheat or I'll jut delete the game all together...But before I do anything, can more people please look into the problem? I'm not a computer whiz or a Sims game expert so I could really use the help. Help

Ps- By the way, does anyone know how a Sim can get an umbrella? I'm tired of my Sims getting all wet when it rains and then having to rush home lol...

If you need me to list my computer criteria, just message me. And the games I downloaded from here are Diesel, All Seasons, 60's 70's 80's 90's, & University Life. Again, I haven't had a problem until now.

And thanks for putting up a forum page for people to voice there frustration.

aboutturnsalute
Beginner
Beginner

Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: not as much as a complaint as a request

Post by Aɾყα on Wed 27 Mar 2013, 07:42

Hello,

I've moved your topic to in-game problems. I realize you've already addressed this problem in another location but I think it's best for you to have your own topic.
I may not be the best person to help right now since I've barely sniffed University Life due to having a baby 2,5 weeks ago but I'll share my thoughts.

You won't have to reinstall or redownload. It's either an in-game bug, or a mod conflict. If you have mods/cc (in a mods folder) it's a good idea to temporarily remove them from your game to see if it makes any difference at all. But it seems like a lot of people are having the same problems so there's a good chance that it won't be fixed until EA comes up with a patch.

Using the resetsim cheat is a good place to start regarding those stuck sims. If that doesn't work though, see if it helps to evict your sim in "edit town" mode and move your sim back in. Maybe you'll just have to wait, they'll leave eventually. I've had a fireman stuck on my lot for an entire sim week and she left eventually.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)