Official MediaFire account down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Official MediaFire account down

Post by chicagonative on Tue 16 Apr 2013, 22:29

Admin wrote:I'm sure you'll love - or at least like - it. Some people might hate it, but ah, we can't please everyone, right? Razz

Anyone who could hate all the work you guys put into giving us FREE EA stuff, stuff they charge an arm and a leg for, must be incredibly entitled, spoiled brats. Even if I had to make a separate account to download the items, I'd do it, and I'd be thankful such a resource existed in place of EA store items costing more than an entire game if you want all the cool stuff. Their price gouging is ridiculous, and sites like ModtheSims shows us how willing people are to make incredible items for free. And as someone who makes items, I can tell you that meshing, mapping, applying textures, and alllll that fun stuff is NOT an easy thing to do. So if so many are willing to do it for free, why does EA charge so damn much? Most of the time the regular stuff like clothes and hair suck when they come from EA. The realistic, gorgeous, nice-fitting hairs and clothes about 95% of the time come from regular users who put time and effort into making them. But all the same, the fact that Admin does so much to provide us with free items means a lot to me. I mean, how do you think he gets all of this stuff? SOMEONE has to pay for it originally, I really doubt he hacks into EA and steals them outright. That's why I think it's also important to make donations once in a while. If everyone who downloaded from G4TW gave just $1, he'd be able to download absolutely everything EA puts out for TS3, including new expansions and stuff packs, all new worlds, all premium content. Think about it. Wink

UPDATE: I just realized that the ability to donate was taken down. I remember donating a long time ago, but I did not realize the option was gone now. Still... If there's a way to give back, you should do it. If you can't do anything financially, then simply give back by giving thanks and having patience. As Admin said, if we have patience, we'll be rewarded.

Last edited by chicagonative on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 05:53; edited 1 time in total

chicagonative
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by behensks on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 03:51

I agree with Chicagonative. Admin is doing a lot of work for work for us giving us freebies and we should be thankful for it. A little patience can go a long way. Not to offend anyone, but it goes back to an old saying "beggars can't be chosers". Without people like Admin, here and at other sites we would be living by EA's rules and content. Be kind to each other.

behensks
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xeire on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 20:58

Hello why not use piratebay? i mean you have the source of game data on there it seems only right put store items on there just put them in bundle packs also if feel not use to doing that you could link a download through the site like emuparadise does just a few thoughts of sharing thats all your choice aslong it all goes well for you guys once again thanks for making sims even fun and easy and friendly

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus

All of my Yes!
Xeire
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3,Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Team Fortress 2
Male Posts : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chicagonative on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 21:25

Xeire wrote:Hello why not use piratebay? i mean you have the source of game data on there it seems only right put store items on there just put them in bundle packs also if feel not use to doing that you could link a download through the site like emuparadise does just a few thoughts of sharing thats all your choice aslong it all goes well for you guys once again thanks for making sims even fun and easy and friendly
Hi Xeire!

Unfortunately, PirateBay would be counter-productive. As stated by a previous user:

Chicken0895 wrote:I can offer my point of view on that:

At some point, the torrent will not be seeded anymore.

Also,
a torrent would force people do download the entire thing at once (
with the magnet links, it is possible, but not easy, to exclude files),
and is not easily up-datable when new content comes out (a whole new
torrent would have to be made).
You might see the problem torrents bring. Also, Admin has been hinting left and right that he has found a solution as to where to upload all the files, over 500 of them, and I gather from his messages that it is a site where the files will not be taken down, so most likely it is hosted in a country, like Sweden, whose copyright laws do not apply to US-based EA inquiries.

So stay tuned, I'm sure it will happen very soon!
chicagonative
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Mass Effect 1, 2, & 3, Dragon Age: Origins, Awakenings, & 2, Spore & Darkspore, Skyrim, Fable, Fallout 3
Female Posts : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RedhairedPirate on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 22:00

Momthing wrote:Does anyone have an alternative site where I could get the new Store Country Living set? The one I downloaded from MATY refuses to install.

ETA: Never mind. I found my alternate source, downloaded the set, and it installed perfectly.

If you don't mind could you send me the link to the Country Living set please?
RedhairedPirate
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Skyrim (Xbox360) All Assassin's Creed games (Xbox360/PS3) The Sims 3 (pc)
Male Posts : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxeflex on Thu 18 Apr 2013, 09:53

Hey, and also i would like to add to "why not use pirate bay" is that.. i live in holland.. and my provider is suing them zo when i go to pirate bay they locked the site.. a lot of people have this provider and would be sad :p so please... dont use it D:

Luxeflex
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Thu 18 Apr 2013, 09:58

Luxeflex wrote:Hey, and also i would like to add to "why not use pirate bay" is that.. i live in holland.. and my provider is suing them zo when i go to pirate bay they locked the site.. a lot of people have this provider and would be sad :p so please... dont use it D:

Hello,

I think all Dutch ISP's are blocking pirate bay.
Try a proxy Wink I recommend www.piratereverse.info.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Thu 18 Apr 2013, 21:56

Hello there,

I'd like to add that I personally like this proxy: www.pirateproxy.net

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by macymagiska112 on Fri 19 Apr 2013, 08:04

Thank you for being better than EA! You fix every issue!!!!

This is gonna be rocking when yoou get it up again

macymagiska112
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romantyke on Sat 20 Apr 2013, 05:57

Ok, now, look...

I have this idea, and it would be SO MUCH more simple.

Why do Games4theworld put the EA Store Stuff in independant Torrent files so that it can be shared on their Torrent website? Like ThePirateBay, T411, or all of these?

Torrents are quite solid against the laws, they are still on yet again after all the laws. ThePirateBay owner have been arested, but, man, the trackers are still there. So please, Games4theworld, put these on Torrent files. Make them all in wondrous rar files, all good placed, named smartly, and it would make the trick. Why don't you?

With highly kind and polite regards,

Kabiru

Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Golden Sun GBA, Hellgate London, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Diablo II LOD, Banjo-Kazooie
Male Posts : 141

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stick to the same

Post by NightHaze on Sat 20 Apr 2013, 20:34

romantyke wrote:Ok, now, look...

I have this idea, and it would be SO MUCH more simple.

Why do Games4theworld put the EA Store Stuff in independant Torrent files so that it can be shared on their Torrent website? Like ThePirateBay, T411, or all of these?

Torrents are quite solid against the laws, they are still on yet again after all the laws. ThePirateBay owner have been arested, but, man, the trackers are still there. So please, Games4theworld, put these on Torrent files. Make them all in wondrous rar files, all good placed, named smartly, and it would make the trick. Why don't you?

With highly kind and polite regards,

Kabiru

I personally disagree with making it rar files I really liked how easy it was to download when it wasnt on rar. I also think that hiding the downloads in google docs is a great alternative because recently I have found a site (so I can get Country Living) and all her files were in google docs

NightHaze
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaydunn... on Sun 21 Apr 2013, 14:23

now if i go on your medifire account it says you do not have access to this folder instead of when the yellow box would appear so does this mean you are closer to getting it back up and how long do you think it will take? thanks

kaydunn...
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Sun 21 Apr 2013, 17:38

kaydunn... wrote:now if i go on your medifire account it says you do not have access to this folder instead of when the yellow box would appear so does this mean you are closer to getting it back up and how long do you think it will take? thanks

Admin isn't going to use mediafire again, from what I gather. The account is basically just going to sit there and stay however mediafire sets it, which may just be blocking out all rights to folders. He is working to get the items all re-uploaded in a new site for us, and I'm guessing (hoping also) that it shouldn't be too long of a wait now, with all the winks and hints he's been dropping that it's going well.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romantyke on Sun 21 Apr 2013, 21:41

Sigh...

I think we'll have to wait until everything's finally back in order...

I know Games4theworld since last summer in June, and I've been astounded by their courage to defy laws and giveaway the Sims 3 and everything with it, even other games and programs.

Admin, Lady Eldi, Oolong, and every other executives of this wondrous website, you are incredibly courageous, and you are always saving our money. I hope your website will always be on, as long as people need it. I bow to you all.

I certainly hope the Digital Millenium Act or any other meddling law won't get into your way and try to close this website once and for all. I hate them author rights. This game (Sims 3) cost ridiculously too much if you pay everything, store stuff included, and they don't even give support. I say let them rot with their money greed.

You, on the other hand, are so NOT greedy. You do all this stuff on your own free time, for free. We have nothing bad to say to you.

I hope the Store Stuff will soon be on once again, as it did for more that six full months!

And everyone, let's be patient. Let us come, join hands, and pray that light is on the other side of that dark tunnel!

Highly kind and polite regards to everyone of you guys!

Kabiru

Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Golden Sun GBA, Hellgate London, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Diablo II LOD, Banjo-Kazooie
Male Posts : 141

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaydunn... on Mon 22 Apr 2013, 19:04

invalidusername wrote:
kaydunn... wrote:now if i go on your medifire account it says you do not have access to this folder instead of when the yellow box would appear so does this mean you are closer to getting it back up and how long do you think it will take? thanks

Admin isn't going to use mediafire again, from what I gather. The account is basically just going to sit there and stay however mediafire sets it, which may just be blocking out all rights to folders. He is working to get the items all re-uploaded in a new site for us, and I'm guessing (hoping also) that it shouldn't be too long of a wait now, with all the winks and hints he's been dropping that it's going well.

Thanks for replying and i recently had to get a new computer as other one crashed so lost all my cc and am desperate to put it back on, so am hoping they will fix it soon!

kaydunn...
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fields on Wed 24 Apr 2013, 07:28

kaydunn... wrote:
invalidusername wrote:

Thanks for replying and i recently had to get a new computer as other one crashed so lost all my cc and am desperate to put it back on, so am hoping they will fix it soon!

Have you tried to take the hardrive out of your old and put it in the new and transfer the stuff over?
Fields
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, simcity (all Sim city versions) APB reloaded.
Male Posts : 171

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaydunn... on Wed 24 Apr 2013, 21:16

yes, i managed to get everything off my hardrive and managed to put some back on that were still in the launcher but the rest wasnt there and i dont know how to access it all. but i have deleted it now and only saved the things i wanted!! good idea though!

kaydunn...
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KVsting on Fri 26 Apr 2013, 18:19

Why not use mega.co.nz?
KVsting
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Minecraft, TES Series, TF2, Terraria, Mario, The Sims Series, NBA 2K Series, FIFA Series and last, but not least...... DOTA 2!!!
Male Posts : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieCC on Sat 27 Apr 2013, 01:25

Have you tried using the fixes provided in the store items thread? I had to use the majority of their fixes for my content.

If you have downloaded an 'untouched' download - which means they haven't broke into it to enable other people to use it then you'll need to decrapify it yourself, it's actually a program by delphy and works reasonably well.

If you don't want to risk trying to do that yourself have another look on that thread because multiple people upload the same set so that if one doesn't work then you can download another.

SusieCC
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by duncandisorderly on Mon 29 Apr 2013, 16:44

romantyke wrote:

You, on the other hand, are so NOT greedy. You do all this stuff on your own free time, for free. We have nothing bad to say to you.

Couldn't agree more.
Thanks to this site, I have a considerable amount of store items in my game. It would have cost a small fortune to buy them. EA are the greedy ones, they charge an extortionate amount of money for pixels. The store items require a minimum amount of time and money to create. This is an insult to the fans of the game if you ask me. Most fans can't afford the prices they charge. This is wrong, they should be affordable for all the fans.
After all, we are the reason why the Sims is so successful. This site proves that the fans are the ones who make the Sims such an amazing game. The way I see it, EA only makes the baby, it's the fans who raise it.
I stumbled across this site fairly recently. It soon went to the top of my list to become one of my favourite Sims sites. Quite simply, this site is informative, helpful and friendly. What's even more impressive is they do it all for free. This is highly commendable.
Saying that, I would happily donate (paypal would be perfect! lol) to this site if I could. It's the least I can do after all the money I have saved. I don't feel it would make this site appear greedy if they accepted donations. Anyone familiar with this site knows that there is no greed here.

Peace.

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Minecraft, Spore, Guild Wars 2, WoW
Male Posts : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TUN3R on Mon 29 Apr 2013, 17:09

They can charge whatever they want. That's how it works, the salesman names the price, the client agrees or GTFO's. Problem is EA aren't giving us what we pay for, their product is damaged, their support is crap, and they shove DRM down our necks first chance they get.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Male Posts : 646

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moondragon77 on Mon 29 Apr 2013, 22:33

Has there been any news from admin on progress/hope for return? Is there any where else we should be watching for news? Is there anything anyone can do to help?

Moondragon77
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims (all versions)
Female Posts : 48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 29 Apr 2013, 22:45

Hello there,

We're actively working on it, remain patient please; just a little bit more.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ANDR01D on Wed 01 May 2013, 10:07

Admin wrote:Hello there,

We're actively working on it, remain patient please; just a little bit more.

waiting patiently Hammertime

The Sims 3 plumbob  Awesome Emote  The Sims 3 plumbob
ANDR01D
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 4, Resident Evil Series, Silent Hill Series
Male Posts : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Wed 01 May 2013, 15:11

ANDR01D wrote:

waiting patiently Hammertime

Lol. It took me a minute to see what you wrote Very Happy

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moondragon77 on Thu 02 May 2013, 00:15

Awesome! Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and let us know!

Moondragon77
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims (all versions)
Female Posts : 48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaylyn71 on Fri 03 May 2013, 19:30

I just wanted to say a quick Thank you to admin for this site and all you do. I know the account is down and you are working on it and I am waiting patiently Smile I am just so very thankful that you are here and offer this stuff to us.

Shay The Sims 3 plumbob
Shaylyn71
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down