Sims 3 Expansions, still broken after fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Expansions, still broken after fix

Post by Birdwithabow on Sun 29 May 2011, 18:30

So I was able to successfully update my game, and I have all the expansions currently installed, and have just preordered Generations. However, upon starting my game, I get a dialogue saying that I do not have original copies and asking if I wish to quit. If I choose no, it starts my game as usual, but none of my sims do anything. This is true of both new and saved games, and while I am able to create new sims, as soon as I have moved them into a house they just stand in front of it and do not respond to commands. They think and react to hunger, etc., but do not move from their spot. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Late Night, which could have created the issue, but I'm not sure. I have also cleared caches, but this has not helped. I have some custom content but it has never caused an issue like this before. Please help. Should I just uninstall and reinstall everything?

Birdwithabow
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Expansions, still broken after fix

Post by Webmaster on Mon 30 May 2011, 15:33

Hello,

Does it happen to say anything about "Unofficial game modifications"? If yes, you'll need to completely uninstall the Custom Content and then restart your PC and try again.

Webmaster
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwithabow on Tue 31 May 2011, 21:02

Yes, that worked perfectly, thank you so much. I was sad to see my cc go, but very happy to have my game working again.

//EDIT

OKay new issue: I go to install generations and it says I need to update the game, but when I launch the game it says it is up to date. Should I use the fix again?

Birdwithabow
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Webmaster on Wed 01 Jun 2011, 23:29

@Birdwithabow wrote:Yes, that worked perfectly, thank you so much. I was sad to see my cc go, but very happy to have my game working again.

//EDIT

OKay new issue: I go to install generations and it says I need to update the game, but when I launch the game it says it is up to date. Should I use the fix again?
Hello,

I'll update the fix in a few hours, so that's it's also compatible with The Sims 3: Generations. I'm still working on our Generations release at the moment though. Please be patient.

Webmaster
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwithabow on Thu 02 Jun 2011, 02:45

Okay, just let me know when that happens. Thank you so much for all your hard work and support.

Birdwithabow
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum