How do I install CC Skins?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do I install CC Skins?

Post by Summerbear5 on Fri 05 Apr 2013, 21:49

I downloaded some custom skins. I have other things I've downloaded before so I already have a mods and packages folder in my Electronic arts/Sims 3 Folder... So I downloaded some CC Skins unzipped them and put the .package files in with all my other mods but when I start and run the game all my current sims look like they have splotches all over their skin. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I download a couple different ones. Default replacements and regular ones I don't know. I've never did CC skin before. Only in TS2, So this is all new to me. I thought I was doing it right but apparently not. Is there a tutorial on how to install default replacement skin or cc skins in general?

Thanks for reading,
Summer

Summerbear5
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims
Female Posts : 81

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I install CC Skins?

Post by Shamrock on Thu 02 May 2013, 15:19

Try to delete your cache.

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Sat 04 May 2013, 02:46

Can you post a screenshot of where you placed the skins? And which skins they are?
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 04 May 2013, 17:54

@Summerbear5 wrote:I downloaded some custom skins. I have other things I've downloaded before so I already have a mods and packages folder in my Electronic arts/Sims 3 Folder... So I downloaded some CC Skins unzipped them and put the .package files in with all my other mods but when I start and run the game all my current sims look like they have splotches all over their skin. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I download a couple different ones. Default replacements and regular ones I don't know. I've never did CC skin before. Only in TS2, So this is all new to me. I thought I was doing it right but apparently not. Is there a tutorial on how to install default replacement skin or cc skins in general?

Thanks for reading,
Summer

Hello there,

Well, I have downloaded some "default" skins (.package files) from the "Ladyfrontbum" site. In case you put the .package files in the wrong place, they belong to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages (in Windows). In my case, it is enough to copy them to the right place, and then to delete the "simCompositorCache.package" in the Sims 3 folder before(!) starting the game.

However, this applies to so-called default skins. If you want to use "non-default" skins I can't help too much with that; the installation of those tends to be tricky. But there are normally instructions available on the sites which provide skins for download, so you may re-check the site you used.
And: you should not have different "sets" of skins installed in the Mods folder. So, in my case this would mean to have one bodyskin-file and one faceskin file in the Mods folder.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum