If you ever have game lag check your package files.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If you ever have game lag check your package files.

Post by mslisalisa on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 02:48

Just sharing a little info in case someone else has this problem.
My game was running great and then all of the sudden really bad lag. All items didn't load for me, and game was running so slow.
Then I remembered something. If you install a Sims 2 file by mistake that will slow down the game a lot.
So, I used the Sims 3 Dashboard and there they were. Ten hair color files that were Sim 2 package files. Deleted them and the game is running great again. Just wanted to pass this info along in case anyone runs into game lag after installing something.
mslisalisa
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3
Female Posts : 97

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you ever have game lag check your package files.

Post by Aɾყα on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:14

Hello,

Thanks for sharing, I'll move this to tips&tricks.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tahooba on Thu 13 Jun 2013, 11:00

uhhh...how would you know if you accidentally downloaded and installed a sims 2 mod?? cause they have the same filetag... ".package"
tahooba
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3 (series) *especially if it has no bugs? troll"
Male Posts : 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xJ3rian on Sun 16 Jun 2013, 16:10

P.S Always use the .package from the CC you download, or it will create extreme lag, that's how I fixed by Sims 3 lag, by taking out the .package in the CC (.sims3package) and merging them together Wink

xJ3rian
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Call Of Duty, Assassins Creed, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Sleeping Dogs, GTA IV/Vice City/San Andreas, Counter Strike, Battlefield 3
Male Posts : 54

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mslisalisa on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 07:07

@tahooba wrote:uhhh...how would you know if you accidentally downloaded and installed a sims 2 mod?? cause they have the same filetag... ".package"
Its possible to download a sims2 package file if the site doesn't say if its for sims 2 or 3. As you said when you download and install it the package file icon looks the same. I use the Sims3 Dashboard and run my mods/package files though there. Then it will tell you if you have a sims 2 package installed.
mslisalisa
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bangla1malaysia on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 18:09

hello.i have some questions regarding combining CC
i swear i have install many software (like s3pe,CCmagic)and countless hours to learn and fix slow loading problems but i still dont know how to use them.

1) i dont donwload any content from sites.i just install The Sims 3, and 5 expansion(Ambitions,late night, showtime,seasons,and university).now my loading is slow. so the idea is to combine these 5 expansion into one big package.thats why we use s3pe, right? please correct me on this.i really noob.

2)there are so many .package, and .cfg in each subfolder in each expansion. how to combine?if i did ,where to save it?at desktop? then the original .package i need to delete or what?

3)whats the difference between ccmagic and s3pe? btw i have no clue how to use any of them

thank you so much if anybody can help me this.

bangla1malaysia
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mslisalisa on Wed 10 Jul 2013, 15:20

@bangla1malaysia wrote:hello.i have some questions regarding combining CC
i swear i have install many software (like s3pe,CCmagic)and countless hours to learn and fix slow loading problems but i still dont know how to use them.

1) i dont donwload any content from sites.i just install The Sims 3, and 5 expansion(Ambitions,late night, showtime,seasons,and university).now my loading is slow. so the idea is to combine these 5 expansion into one big package.thats why we use s3pe, right? please correct me on this.i really noob.

2)there are so many .package, and .cfg in each subfolder in each expansion. how to combine?if i did ,where to save it?at desktop? then the original .package i need to delete or what?

3)whats the difference between ccmagic and s3pe? btw i have no clue how to use any of them

CC Magic and S3Pe are for used to combine custom content that you downloaded from websites that are in package form. I don't think you can combine the files that you are talking about.
mslisalisa
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luq Man on Sun 21 Jul 2013, 23:27

@bangla1malaysia wrote:hello.i have some questions regarding combining CC

You can only combine Custom Content Only i think . not Expansion pack

Fearless - BAR-RISAN-
Luq Man
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3 ; Age Of Empire ; Call Of Duty ; Grand Theft Auto IV ; Virtua Tennis ; TopSpin ; Need For Speed Most Wanted (2012) ; Need For Speed World
Male Posts : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum