Sims 3 Pets

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Pets

Post by Hades_Returns on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 11:41

Hi
I had downloaded sime 3 pets from games4theworld. i had installed the expasion pack before but then I removed it dude to change in OS system. But not whenever I am trying to install sims 3 pets I get a message saying "remove sims 3 pets?"; I already tried removing it couple of times and it didnt work. Then I tried to look for the registry but there all other expansion packs I have installed apart from Pets. What shall I do?
Hades_Returns
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Counter Strike Source, Counter Strike 1.6, League of Legends, Warcraft 3,
Male Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Pets

Post by Aɾყα on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 12:14

Hello,

What if you say "yes"?

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 18 Apr 2013, 16:05

@Hades_Returns wrote:Hi
I had downloaded sime 3 pets from games4theworld. i had installed the expasion pack before but then I removed it dude to change in OS system. But not whenever I am trying to install sims 3 pets I get a message saying "remove sims 3 pets?"; I already tried removing it couple of times and it didnt work. Then I tried to look for the registry but there all other expansion packs I have installed apart from Pets. What shall I do?

I know the reply is a bit late, but google for a tool called "msicuu2.exe" (if you have a Windows OS). This tool helps clean up the registry; there may be still parts of the pets expansion somewhere..
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hades_Returns on Fri 19 Apr 2013, 03:04

Ok. I will try what you said.
Hades_Returns
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Counter Strike Source, Counter Strike 1.6, League of Legends, Warcraft 3,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hades_Returns on Fri 19 Apr 2013, 03:06

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

What if you say "yes"?

What do you mean by saying yes? After clicking yes on the uninstaller the program still doesnt get removed and I cant install sims pets
Hades_Returns
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 19 Apr 2013, 16:28

@Hades_Returns wrote:Ok. I will try what you said.

Here's another possibility: (I got this a long time ago from an official EA support website, but I can't find a direct link anymore)
-Go to your Local hard drive, then to Program files/InstallShield Installation Information/
-Look for a folder looking like this : {C12631C6-804D-4B32-B0DD-8A496462F106}
-The folder may be hidden, so make sure you mark "show hidden folders" in folder options. Alternatively you can of course use the search function and copy & paste it Smile

After that or if there's no such folder click on the START/Windows logo and then "Run". Type "regedit" and use the search function for the following folder:{C12631C6-804D-4B32-B0DD-8A496462F106} - that's the same name as above. Now delete the folder..

Then try installing "Pets" again.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hades_Returns on Fri 19 Apr 2013, 16:53

Well I have delete it successfully using REVO Unistaller. It firstly deleted the program properly and then deleted the registry. The old registries were causing the problems. Thanks Everyone.
If someone else has these problems than I recommend REVO UNINSTALLER
Hades_Returns
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by beasb on Sat 20 Apr 2013, 01:51

I am having the 'sims 3 stopped working' error.
i installed sims 3 (from original cd) and supernatural (frm gamesofworld torrent) and it was working great.

but then i installed pets (BEFORE supernatural in correct order).
it installed fine. it let me load the game. i cud create new pets. i merged it with my existing supernatural family. it saved and showed me the map.

and then after few seconds when i make any action by my sims, it crashes and i get the error.

NOTE: i tried playin the game with existing supernatural family even AFTER i installed Pets, but WITHOUT creating new pets. it was working fine as before. so problem is NOT in installation. it started only AFTER i merged new pets with my existing family.

i am using an alienware mx14r2 so question of uncompatibility doesnt arise. also im using Windows 8 and installed via Origin.
also i have installed and used the ultimate fix as instructed (it was working great before the PETS install).

i cant figure out the DEP thing with Win8 and i do not have any custom content (whatever that is).

what else can i do???

pls provide me with a solution!

beasb
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hades_Returns on Sat 20 Apr 2013, 01:59

Well there were 2 version of the sims 3 pets released by Games4theworld. So that depends on which one you downloaded. The first one had problems so the second one was uploaded right after the first one.
So which one have you downloaded?

Plus try not to use origin as much as possible. Since the torrent are pirated the EA might be blocking the game and hence it might be causing the crash
Hades_Returns
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Sat 20 Apr 2013, 20:53

Hello,

That doesn't happen, it's perfectly safe to log onto Origin with torrented games, EA can't recognize the crack, and they don't have the resources or the rights to hack into your pc to see which EP's you're using and which ones are legit.
As for the first Pets torrent, that one doesn't install so it doesn't create in-game problems.

@beasb: Please open a new topic, it'll be easier for us to keep track of everything that's going on and we'll be able to provide more personal support.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)