sims 3 pets installation help?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sims 3 pets installation help?

Post by ericajoy on Thu 11 Apr 2013, 05:51

i've read and gone through the steps of this post:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t2341-the-sims-3-pets-step-by-step-installation-with-fixes and step 6 says: "Download the LATEST WORLDWIDE CD/DVD mac patch for the Sims 3 base game from here www[dot]ggmania[dot]com/?smsid=27400 (the patch was released in 2009, don't be surprised) I believe the file is about 826mb"

and when i download a patch and unzip it it turns into a sims 3 logo on my desktop that, when i click it, has the launcher try to patch it, which is always unsuccessful. in a video i watched on how to manually patch it seems that when i unzip the downloaded patch its supposed to be a folder that has the two files that i'm supposed to drag into the bin, but every time i get that sims 3 logo file instead

i'm not sure if i'm even downloading the right patch? if somebody could tell me the exact patch i'm supposed to download from that link or figure out what i'm doing wrong that'd be fantastic? i've been trying to install the pets expansion for forever.

not sure if this is important, but the sims 3 game that i have is just the disc version that i bought, it's not a torrent or anything

thanks and sorry if this has been asked before! i searched and searched but didn't find anything similar

ericajoy
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : portal, skyrim, animal crossing, sims, pokemon
Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sims 3 pets installation help?

Post by Phoebe on Tue 16 Apr 2013, 23:37

Hello,

Can I ask do you have another EP after Pets? Because it'd be much more easier to install Pets without patching your game. Or you should install the base game and patch your game manually to latest version (1.50) then install Pets. Then you should be fine Smile

Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderatrix Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ericajoy on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 18:14

sorry this took me forever to respond to...

but i think i've installed it correctly now, but when i press play it tells me that there is no game disc in the computer. i have the sims 3 in and have a .dmg of pets on my desktop.

ericajoy
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : portal, skyrim, animal crossing, sims, pokemon
Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou-Ann on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 18:54

You should follow this tutorial, here.
I think the main problem is that you need to apply the ultimate fix (:

Lou-Ann