Issue with downloaded Sims 3 Supernatural expansion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issue with downloaded Sims 3 Supernatural expansion

Post by scypheroth on Thu 11 Apr 2013, 23:54

OK so i have Sims 3 installed on my computer VIA steam, runs n plays fine. Downloaded the games4thewolrd Supernatural expansion. Went to click on the setup .exe file and it loads click next and i get a error.

"Setup has detected that The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed. Setup will not continue." and closes...

thing is my Sims 3 runs fine and plays normal...any suggestions?
scypheroth
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Issue with downloaded Sims 3 Supernatural expansion

Post by invalidusername on Fri 12 Apr 2013, 18:59

It's because your base game is installed through steam. Steam is a hassle to add things to that aren't originally bought through steam. (Plus, being a pirated copy, there's no CD key to apply to steam). So if you want those games, I'd recommend just downloading them all. Or get the CD key for the ones you have through Steam, and activate them using Origin and download them that way.

Also. Please keep all of your issues/questions regarding the same computer, and especially the same installation, in the same topic, unless it gets closed, or hijacked by somebody.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum