Game crashes unexpectedly and prevents me from saving. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes unexpectedly and prevents me from saving. [SOLVED]

Post by Lou-Ann on Sun 14 Apr 2013, 18:21

Hello everyone! First of all I'm sorry if my english is not perfect, it is not my first language.

I scrolled down the fourteen pages of Mac Support and I tried all the solutions proposed in the different topics but none worked.

I'm using a Mac OS X, Version 10.6.8. I own The Sims 3, the base game, legally meaning I bought it and I paid for it. I downloaded The Sims 3 Seasons a while ago from another website and it worked perfectly. I downloaded Pets, 70s, 80s, 90s and Town Life from games4theworld website and it worked perfectly until I add Generation. The game crushes unexpectedly, when I modify an outfit. I added University Life, Diesel and Katy Perry's Sweet Treats and now the game crashes at any moment and sometimes I can't save because error 12 appeared.

I used the tutorial for how to install correctly The Sims 3 base game and expansions Mac guide from games4theworld forum.

I used Stuffit Expander to unzip my folders.

I use the Ultimate Fix for Mac and the manual Patch To-8791-1.50.56.021002

What I've already tried:
- I uninstalled all the expansions and reinstalled it in the order they came out, using the Ultimate Fix and the patch after each installation.
- I deleted my Sims 3 preferences and Caches located in Library/Cache and Library/Preferences
- I renamed my Electronic Arts folder
- I uninstalled Generation
- I clicked save as instead of save while saving my game

Here, a screenshot of the message that appears when the game closes (I only screenshot the first part of it, the rest being a lot of numbers):

Maybe is it related to the fact that my base game and Seasons are not from games4theworld website?

Let me know if I forgot to add any informations, and thank you if you try to help me.

PS: I have no mods, I think, I don't even know what it is.

EDIT

Well! I don't exactly know how, but I fixed it. What I remember:
- I uninstalled Generation
- used the manual patch
- used the ultimate fix
- used the manual patch once again
- reduced my graphic settings to medium instead of high or low

And now everything is working properly. Might try to reinstall Generation just to be sure that's the reason why my game was crashing. Plus, I miss Generation, probably the best add-on!

Lou-Ann
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

Female Posts : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game crashes unexpectedly and prevents me from saving. [SOLVED]

Post by Phoebe on Tue 16 Apr 2013, 23:31

From my own experiences, Mac needs patching AFTER using ultimate fix. I don't know why, but as you said, I've figured it out on my own also.

If you wanna install Generations again, just make sure patch and patch again Smile

Happy simming! The Sims Plumbob 1

//Helper EDIT: Problem solved, topic is closed.

phoebethetwilightprincess

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum