Sims 3 Crashing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Crashing

Post by ninjagirl21 on Fri 19 Apr 2013, 21:53

Hi everyone!

I been trying figure out what cause Sims 3 game crashing. I been only play Sims 3 game for 5 to 10 minutes after loading then it's crash and return to desktop. I tried everything to figure what cause game crashing. My Sims 3 game is all update to 1.50 as well.

This is what I tried:

* Remove all the mod in the mod folder and test the game -- still crashing so it's not from mods
* Deteled all the cache -- still crashing
* Start new game instead load save game -- still crashing
* Remove all the custom content (sims3pack) -- finally not crashing anymore.

So I believe CC (sims3pack, not the package) cause the Sims 3 game crashing and return to desktop. I have some BAD cc (custom content in sims3pack). So how do I found out which bad CC sims3pack (not package) cause the game crashing? Any idea? Thank you so much for your time reading this.

ninjagirl21
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Crashing

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 20 Apr 2013, 00:53

ninjagirl21 wrote:Hi everyone!

I been trying figure out what cause Sims 3 game crashing. I been only play Sims 3 game for 5 to 10 minutes after loading then it's crash and return to desktop. I tried everything to figure what cause game crashing. My Sims 3 game is all update to 1.50 as well.

This is what I tried:

* Remove all the mod in the mod folder and test the game -- still crashing so it's not from mods
* Deteled all the cache -- still crashing
* Start new game instead load save game -- still crashing
* Remove all the custom content (sims3pack) -- finally not crashing anymore.

So I believe CC (sims3pack, not the package) cause the Sims 3 game crashing and return to desktop. I have some BAD cc (custom content in sims3pack). So how do I found out which bad CC sims3pack (not package) cause the game crashing? Any idea? Thank you so much for your time reading this.

Hey there,

Read up on the official tips here (or alternatively my post here, which is basically a bit shortened version of the former)
How to recognise Bad CC sims3packs? If we assume that Bad CC is often "third party content" (CCs that are not made by EA), and if you delete only these (with the launcher) then you should be fine Smile.
In theory you could back up your DCCache folder in Documents/Electronic Arts; delete that folder and then remove all sims3packs from your "Downloads" folder (also in Documents/Electronic Arts). Afterwards you can install everything one by one to see which one's causing problems. That's of course very impractical if you have lots of sims3packs Razz so I would suggest the first way.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14458

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Crashing

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 20 Apr 2013, 16:44

Hello,

You can try this tool on your dcbackup folder.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112