The sims 3 launcher ERROR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 3 launcher ERROR

Post by hcgraffiti on Fri 19 Apr 2013, 23:18

Hey,

I just finished installing The sims 3, Ambitions and Late Night in the correct way according to games4theworld's step-to-step installation guide. I'm sure i've done everything right, since i've downloaded from you guys before. I had The sims 3, seasons and university but i wanted Late night so i uninstalled everything and started over.

Anyway, now to my question: When i now try to start The Sims 3 an error message says "The sims 3 launcher has stopped working".. What should i do? :/
(I've searched through the forum but i couldn't find this exact problem)

hcgraffiti
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The sims 3 launcher ERROR

Post by invalidusername on Sat 20 Apr 2013, 01:30

Are those the only expansions you have installed?

Can you bypass the launcher and run the game fine?

(For future reference, you don't need to install the games in any specific order, so you didn't need to uninstall anything to install Late Night. Smile )
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hcgraffiti on Sat 20 Apr 2013, 18:02

Yes those are the only expansions i've installed at the moment. I had supernatural before but i uninstalled it.

I don't think i can bypass the launcher.. How do i do that? I tried autorun.exe but that didn't work. I then tried C/programx86/Electronic arts/the sims3/game/bin/TS3EP03, but it says "Can not start the game, your sample/copy of the base game The Sims 3 is not compatible with the current Sims 3-expansionpackage. Update your game through the game's startprogram".

What the heck...

hcgraffiti
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Sat 20 Apr 2013, 20:13

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Read those steps carefully and follow them all.
Then, to bypass the launcher, you go into "C/program files(x86)/electronic arts/sims 3/game/bin" and use (I believe, I'll fix it later if I'm wrong) ts3.exe to skip the launcher. If the game runs, we can work on getting your launcher fixed, if you'd like to still. Smile
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Egubambini on Thu 30 May 2013, 19:57

i want to install mods and cant do it without the launcher, which refused to work, but i can play the game just fine, i have another problem, i cant load any game i save, i can only play a new game, i keep getting 'a serious error has occured' what should i do

Egubambini
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mercurypagen on Fri 31 May 2013, 02:00

Hiya,

I saw your thread and popped in, hopefully I can help? (not a mod, but have had so many issues with the game over the years that I usually have a suggestion or two lol)

have you updated your game and the expansions to the highest possible patch? I've come across times where the launcher ran the big patch but an expansion wasn't patched. Try googling Sims 3 Patch Downloader. See if something's not patched and go from there.

Another thing you can try is installing the Crash Log Analyzer. Google this one also. That can narrow down the reasons that can cause your game to crash.

Also...most game mods are usually in .package form (or at least all that I've ever seen) so they would go in your mods/packages folder. So you would be able to install mods and bypass the launcher if need be.

So try those and let us know if you get anywhere.

mercurypagen
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Final Fantasy XI, Minecraft
Female Posts : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 31 May 2013, 02:20

mercurypagen wrote:Hiya
I've come across times where the launcher ran the big patch but an expansion wasn't patched. Try googling Sims 3 Patch Downloader. See if something's not patched and go from there.

Hello,

This applies only to the expansions before "Generations"
Wink, but basically you're right.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mercurypagen on Fri 31 May 2013, 02:24

I've come across it after Generations before, but no worries!

mercurypagen
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Final Fantasy XI, Minecraft
Female Posts : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 31 May 2013, 02:44

mercurypagen wrote:I've come across it after Generations before, but no worries!

In case I was misunderstood: what I was actually hinting at, is that these big "manual patches" available now only patch the expansions that came after "Generations" Wink. Which means you have to google for any "older" patches.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum