Sims 3 error code 12

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sims 3 error code 12

Post by Schendrick on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 16:03

Carlos G. wrote:It was very good that you posted that screenshot (I should have done that myself Embarassed).
But I haven't done this memory deleting for some time now - I think you
should click on "Homeworld", and then a list with all Sims should pop
up; after that select all - and that should be it. But I'm glad that
you seemingly figured it out yourself
Very Happy. Now play on for a while to see if that makes any difference to that "error 12".
Oh, it's okay. Very Happy Thanks for the assistance. I will post again if there's any improvement or none.

EDIT: Okay, so I've been playing for about 5 hours (continuous) and I saved 4 to 5 times after removing the memories and 2 saves before; in total of 6 or 7 saves and I have not encountered any Error Code 12. Yaaay! I just hope it continues on until whenever.

I have a question; will I only remove memories only once or do I have to do it from time to time?

Schendrick
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 17:18

Since you chose to have no new memories created, there's no need for that. If you'd like to, just to be certain, then no harm will be done. Smile

invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schendrick on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 02:01

@invalidusername wrote:Since you chose to have no new memories created, there's no need for that. If you'd like to, just to be certain, then no harm will be done. Smile

Oh, right. *facepalm* But would it be only applicable to the University Town? or will it be throughout the game?
Schendrick
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims Series + Medieval
Female Posts : 173

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 02:29

@Schendrick wrote:
@invalidusername wrote:Since you chose to have no new memories created, there's no need for that. If you'd like to, just to be certain, then no harm will be done. Smile

Oh, right. *facepalm* But would it be only applicable to the University Town? or will it be throughout the game?

Hmmm... I've had to re-do settings for towns, between travels, so I'd double check the settings in the home town, and do the same as you did before if needed.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schendrick on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 08:24

Okaaay. So it seems like I was only lucky last night. I started encountering it again on my 3rd save. *sigh* Will increasing RAM reduce its appearance? I only have about 2.7GB usable RAM out of 4GB RAM. The post here for increasing RAM allotment does not seem to work for me. So if increasing RAM will reduce its appearance, I may have to make my OS to 64bit.
Schendrick
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 09:00

@Schendrick wrote:Okaaay. So it seems like I was only lucky last night. I started encountering it again on my 3rd save. *sigh* Will increasing RAM reduce its appearance? I only have about 2.7GB usable RAM out of 4GB RAM. The post here for increasing RAM allotment does not seem to work for me. So if increasing RAM will reduce its appearance, I may have to make my OS to 64bit.

Doing all that definitely could help, just make sure your computer is compatible with a 64 bit system before trying to upgrade, and have something go bad. I don't remember, did you ever get pointed towards GameBooster? If not, I do recommend trying that before upgrading everything.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schendrick on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 09:09

@invalidusername wrote:
@Schendrick wrote:Okaaay. So it seems like I was only lucky last night. I started encountering it again on my 3rd save. *sigh* Will increasing RAM reduce its appearance? I only have about 2.7GB usable RAM out of 4GB RAM. The post here for increasing RAM allotment does not seem to work for me. So if increasing RAM will reduce its appearance, I may have to make my OS to 64bit.

Doing all that definitely could help, just make sure your computer is compatible with a 64 bit system before trying to upgrade, and have something go bad. I don't remember, did you ever get pointed towards GameBooster? If not, I do recommend trying that before upgrading everything.

Oh, how would I know if my laptop is compatible to upgrading to a 64bit? When I first bought this laptop and the tech guy was installing the OS, he asked me whether I want 32bit or 64bit. I had no idea back then the difference of the two other than what he said, "a lot of applications are not compatible with 64bit". And I was like, 'why the hell did they even make 64bit' but only in my mind. So I had him do it a 32bit.

GameBooster, I haven't. @.@ Will that help with the save error?

EDIT: So I've started using GameBooster but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I added the TS3W.exe on the 'Launcher' tab and clicked 'Launch' and then that's about it. I left it at that and played my game. I can't say there's much improvement, tho. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I also go to 'Main Menu' after two saves (every 20 minutes, like always), and so far I've been playing for a few hours with doing the same thing and I have not experienced the error code 12. Maybe it's just the same thing as closing the game and re-launching it but less time-consuming.

Schendrick
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 17:17

The default settings on Gamebooster may help just a little bit. If you feel comfortable with it, I'd go into the boost settings, and kind of look through and see what is normally open on your computer, and tick the boxes for what you know can be closed. (Don't choose anything you're unsure of without checking what it is first, it gives you the option to close some important processes.) The "Game Desktop option is really good to use also, it stops any themes you have running, and hides everything on your desktop so that there's nothing for the computer to worry about other than your game.

EDIT... Also, as for your going to the main menu, this actually makes my game crash faster. So try playing with Gamebooster, and just doing the saving frequently. (NRaas actually makes a "Saver" mod which prompts a save as every so often, by default every 30 minutes, but it can be sooner, if you'd like that.)
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 01:25

Hello,

Sorry to hear that memory deleting seemingly didn't help you too much
Crying or Very sad. But apart from upgrading to 64-bit, you could also install the latest (!) version of the NRAAS "ErrorTrap" mod. This mod can reduce the likelihood of this error 12 - a little bit.

If you upgrade to 64-bit though, and you download the "4 GB patch", keep in mind that you have to patch the TS3W.exe in Program files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin (= the Sims 3 base game location).

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schendrick on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 12:09

Oh, wow. I was just about to post a long post but I accidentally pressed backspace and now all is gone .

So, okay.

@invalidusername: I really don't know what applications/services to close other than torrent, poweriso, antivirus(maybe), browser, and the ipod service things. Embarassed
As for me about the crash, I have not experience crashing lately other than when I go to 'Edit Town' after encountering an error code 12 but when I don't encounter one, I can go freely. I also play it in windows all the time because I have a habit of alt+tabbing from time to time and I found out that I can't do that when it's on full screen mode. I also just found out about the Saver mod this morning and I thought it was awesome, gonna try it tonight. :p

@Carlos G.: Yeah, but that's okay. I expected it anyway
Spoiler:
I so did not expect it. But it's okay
I had the ErrorTrap mod for about 30 minutes. Mmmhmm. It crashed my laptop every 5 minutes into actual gameplay so I stopped using it. I'll give it a shot again, tho.
I also used the 4GB patch before I posted this thread but it did not improve my gaming. Maybe I did it wrong. How do you patch it? Sorry, I kind of forgot how I did it since this was a month ago and I have a pretty crappy memory.

Schendrick
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 17:30

@Schendrick wrote:
@Carlos G.: Yeah, but that's okay. I expected it anyway
Spoiler:
I so did not expect it. But it's okay
I had the ErrorTrap mod for about 30 minutes. Mmmhmm. It crashed my laptop every 5 minutes into actual gameplay so I stopped using it. I'll give it a shot again, tho.
I also used the 4GB patch before I posted this thread but it did not improve my gaming. Maybe I did it wrong. How do you patch it? Sorry, I kind of forgot how I did it since this was a month ago and I have a pretty crappy memory.

Hello,

About the "4 GB patch": if you double-click on it, a small window should pop up saying "Select executable..", then you just go to the filepath of the TS3W.exe I showed you above.

I suggest you also have a look at this article here
Wink
http://www.trainingtech.net/configure-virtual-memory-in-windows-8/

By the way, this "virtual memory thing" should be the same in Windows 7 & 8.

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schendrick on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 16:45

Carlos G. wrote:Hello,

About the "4 GB patch": if you double-click on it, a small window should pop up saying "Select executable..", then you just go to the filepath of the TS3W.exe I showed you above.

I suggest you also have a look at this article here
Wink
http://www.trainingtech.net/configure-virtual-memory-in-windows-8/

By the way, this "virtual memory thing" should be the same in Windows 7 & 8.

At step 8 of the configuring the virtual memory, how would I know how many to put in the initial and max size?

Schendrick
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 19:19

@Schendrick wrote:
At step 8 of the configuring the virtual memory, how would I know how many to put in the initial and max size?

I'm not sure if the 32-bit systems can use more than 4 GB; so at first put in at initial and maximum size "4 GB". Then see if this makes any difference Wink.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 19:34

Sorry about my late reply. Those processes are fine to start. You can play around with the settings more, if you'd like. Just remember to double check what the process does before you close it. Smile
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schendrick on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 06:24

Carlos G. wrote:I'm not sure if the 32-bit systems can use more than 4 GB; so at first put in at initial and maximum size "4 GB". Then see if this makes any difference Wink.

No, 32 bit cannot have more than 4GB of RAM. >.< Can I do this even with only 2.70GB of RAM usable with total of 4GB?

@invalidusername wrote:Sorry about my late
reply. Those processes are fine to start. You can play around with the
settings more, if you'd like. Just remember to double check what the
process does before you close it. Smile

The GameBooster works fine with me. Nothing major that improved the gaming, but it does lessen the grave lag truning to game crash. :3

Schendrick
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 06:34

@Schendrick wrote:
Carlos G. wrote:I'm not sure if the 32-bit systems can use more than 4 GB; so at first put in at initial and maximum size "4 GB". Then see if this makes any difference Wink.

No, 32 bit cannot have more than 4GB of RAM. >.< Can I do this even with only 2.70GB of RAM usable with total of 4GB?

Yes, you might still try putting in "4 GB" in that virtual memory. If it doesn't work, then..well, at least you have ruled out another thing Crying or Very sad.

I'm afraid there's not much left to say anymore, apart from perhaps this: you should, besides possibly upgrading to 64-bit + saving often and exiting the game, ALWAYS backup your savefiles (My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims /Saves) to a safe place, like an external hard-drive or a USB-stick.

And: how "big" is your hometown? And how big is your house? Remember: the bigger the size of your savefile, the more "error 12" will you get with that 32-bit system. So until your upgrade (if you don't want to spend money, then look at the G4TW downloads, I think they have "Windows 7 - all editions") you might want to reduce the size of your house and the "complexity" of your homeworld: so for a start, bulldoze a few unnecessary lots.
Wink

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schendrick on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 06:51

Carlos G. wrote:
Yes, you might still try putting in "4 GB" in that virtual memory. If it doesn't work, then..well, at least you have ruled out another thing Crying or Very sad.

I'm afraid there's not much left to say anymore, apart from perhaps this: you should, besides possibly upgrading to 64-bit + saving often and exiting the game, ALWAYS backup your savefiles (My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims /Saves) to a safe place, like an external hard-drive or a USB-stick.

And: how "big" is your hometown? And how big is your house? Remember: the bigger the size of your savefile, the more "error 12" will you get with that 32-bit system. So until your upgrade (if you don't want to spend money, then look at the G4TW downloads, I think they have "Windows 7 - all editions") you might want to reduce the size of your house and the "complexity" of your homeworld: so for a start, bulldoze a few unnecessary lots.
Wink

Right now, everything is working perfect for me. I can save without error code 12. I just have to go to main menu every 2 saves and return to the game (it takes less time for me since I do have quite a bit of an addiction for CCs Razz). I'm currently @ the university town right now finishing my male sim's second degree and residing at the frat house. I am already on the process of downloading a Windows 7 Ultimate Edition from a torrent. Yay! So, I just have to wait for it to be done and do the necessary stuff :3 I really like creating houses. But my previous games, the houses I had are a bit too big compared to normal ones. XD I'll try to restrain myself more on that.

EDIT: If you don't mind me asking, will adding poses also affect the error 12's appearance?

Schendrick
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 07:40

@Schendrick wrote:restrain myself more on that.

EDIT: If you don't mind me asking, will adding poses also affect the error 12's appearance?

Poses ? If there are CC's that include poses into the game (if that's what you mean), then yes, it can have an influence on it - just like any other CC. You should always read the descriptions of the CC you are downloading (version compatibility, conflicts with other mods/CC, etc.).

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum