custom content not in launcher

View previous topic View next topic Go down

custom content not in launcher

Post by pauuchan on Thu 25 Apr 2013, 09:45

I recently installed a mermaid tail custom content and a very huge house. Since then, my game lags every 5 seconds or maybe 10. It also affected my phone camera whenever I take pictures, at first its okay but after a while, it will only show me a black screen. So I've decided to just uninstall both custom content. I already uninstalled the house but it didn't help. My game still lags and my camera is still broken. I cant find the mermaid tail in the launcher. I looked at all my custom contents one by one in the launcher but still I can't find it.

Please help me. I've never had this problem before I installed both CC.

Also, how do I install all CC? If I uninstall it all in the launcher, do I need to delete anything on the EA folder? What will happen to my saves that use those CC? - - I'm looking at this option as my last resort in fixing my game.
pauuchan
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: custom content not in launcher

Post by Schendrick on Thu 25 Apr 2013, 12:05

@pauuchan wrote:I recently installed a mermaid tail custom content and a very huge house. Since then, my game lags every 5 seconds or maybe 10. It also affected my phone camera whenever I take pictures, at first its okay but after a while, it will only show me a black screen. So I've decided to just uninstall both custom content. I already uninstalled the house but it didn't help. My game still lags and my camera is still broken. I cant find the mermaid tail in the launcher. I looked at all my custom contents one by one in the launcher but still I can't find it.

Also, how do I install all CC? If I uninstall it all in the launcher, do I need to delete anything on the EA folder? What will happen to my saves that use those CC? - - I'm looking at this option as my last resort in fixing my game.

I've experienced it not appearing on my launcher and my game but it didn't bother me because I kind of forgot that I installed it. But once I uninstalled some CCs, it showed up in my game and I was all, "WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?"

But I think that's out of the answer you're actually looking for. I may not give you the best answer, but this is based on my experience

To install a custom content, you have two choices:
1) Copy the file and paste it into My Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads. (for some unknown friggin' reason, this does not work for me. I need to do option 2 for it to be applied. But don't take my word on it, you may try it. It's less of a hassle than option 2).
2) Open the file location of the file and double click it and it will automatically install into your launcher (your launcher will open if it's not, and it will install. It'll have a status window)

As far as I've uninstalled CCs, I did not delete anything on my EA folder and my game still worked fine.

The saves using the CC will be affected. The CC may either be changed into something from the game originally or if CC is applied on sim, especially if it's a skin CC, it will be destroyed. You need to edit your sim and use another skin.

I can't help you much at the lag issue as I do experience it at times and it's mostly because my laptop ain't much up to par with the system requirements.
Schendrick
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims Series + Medieval
Female Posts : 173

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 25 Apr 2013, 12:50

@pauuchan wrote:I recently installed a mermaid tail custom content and a very huge house. Since then, my game lags every 5 seconds or maybe 10. It also affected my phone camera whenever I take pictures, at first its okay but after a while, it will only show me a black screen. So I've decided to just uninstall both custom content. I already uninstalled the house but it didn't help. My game still lags and my camera is still broken. I cant find the mermaid tail in the launcher. I looked at all my custom contents one by one in the launcher but still I can't find it.

Hey there,

From what you describe it is very likely that something is wrong with at least one of your CCs..OK, maybe the house is just "big" and therefore causes a bit of lag, but maybe that mermaid tail is the real cause ? That could be so-called "Bad CC"; and you might want to think about removing just the tail and/or the house instead of uninstalling all your CCs.
You really want to uninstall everything ? If you have "sims3packs" then backup your DCCache folder in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 (Windows). Afterwards delete that folder! All your installed sims3packs should be gone now..if you have ".package"-files, then remove them from the Mods/Packages folder (that's to be found in The Sims 3 folder too).
I recommend deleting the cache files too:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

And now you can re-install everything again - if you decide to install all your sims3packs with the launcher, don't install everything at once - do it in small groups.
Or you can use CC Magic of course. Make sure you install the worlds first - otherwise you can't even start your savegame Smile
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauuchan on Thu 25 Apr 2013, 14:29

Carlos G. wrote:
Hey there,

From what you describe it is very likely that something is wrong with at least one of your CCs..OK, maybe the house is just "big" and therefore causes a bit of lag, but maybe that mermaid tail is the real cause ? That could be so-called "Bad CC"; and you might want to think about removing just the tail and/or the house instead of uninstalling all your CCs.
You really want to uninstall everything ? If you have "sims3packs" then backup your DCCache folder in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 (Windows). Afterwards delete that folder! All your installed sims3packs should be gone now..if you have ".package"-files, then remove them from the Mods/Packages folder (that's to be found in The Sims 3 folder too).
I recommend deleting the cache files too:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

And now you can re-install everything again - if you decide to install all your sims3packs with the launcher, don't install everything at once - do it in small groups.
Or you can use CC Magic of course. Make sure you install the worlds first - otherwise you can't even start your savegame Smile

I just played another one of my saved game and I didn't have any problem. No lags at all. So I decided not to delete my CCs after all. But thanks for telling me how I could do it in case I needed to.

Still, I want to delete the mermaid tail. Do you know how I could do that even if it doesn't appear in my launcher? I really want to play that saved game. My story is just starting to get interesting. But the lag is very annoying.
pauuchan
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauuchan on Thu 25 Apr 2013, 14:30

@Schendrick wrote:
I've experienced it not appearing on my launcher and my game but it didn't bother me because I kind of forgot that I installed it. But once I uninstalled some CCs, it showed up in my game and I was all, "WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?"

But I think that's out of the answer you're actually looking for. I may not give you the best answer, but this is based on my experience

To install a custom content, you have two choices:
1) Copy the file and paste it into My Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads. (for some unknown friggin' reason, this does not work for me. I need to do option 2 for it to be applied. But don't take my word on it, you may try it. It's less of a hassle than option 2).
2) Open the file location of the file and double click it and it will automatically install into your launcher (your launcher will open if it's not, and it will install. It'll have a status window)

As far as I've uninstalled CCs, I did not delete anything on my EA folder and my game still worked fine.

The saves using the CC will be affected. The CC may either be changed into something from the game originally or if CC is applied on sim, especially if it's a skin CC, it will be destroyed. You need to edit your sim and use another skin.

I can't help you much at the lag issue as I do experience it at times and it's mostly because my laptop ain't much up to par with the system requirements.

How about if I delete clothes? Will it get replaced by other items in CAS?
pauuchan
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 25 Apr 2013, 14:44

@pauuchan wrote: I just played another one of my saved game and I didn't have any problem. No lags at all. So I decided not to delete my CCs after all. But thanks for telling me how I could do it in case I needed to.

Still, I want to delete the mermaid tail. Do you know how I could do that even if it doesn't appear in my launcher? I really want to play that saved game. My story is just starting to get interesting. But the lag is very annoying.

I haven't done that myself and yes, it seems that EA recently patched the launcher so that installed items don't show up anymore, but what you could try is to move/copy that mermaid sims3pack (if you don't have that anymore, then you have to re-download it) back to the Downloads folder and re-install it. After that it should show up in the launcher. Don't exit the launcher! Instead go to the "Install" section, mark that item and click "uninstall".
Keep in mind that this is just a workaround - and I'm not even sure if that works...Maybe LadyElDi or invalidusername have something else to offer..

"Third party content" (= Custom content that was not officially made by EA) tends to cause problems, so personally I don't download and install these.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schendrick on Thu 25 Apr 2013, 14:56

@pauuchan wrote:How about if I delete clothes? Will it get replaced by other items in CAS?

From what I experienced, yes, it will. Usually the base game ones.
Schendrick
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims Series + Medieval
Female Posts : 173

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Sat 27 Apr 2013, 10:53

Carlos G. wrote:
@pauuchan wrote: I just played another one of my saved game and I didn't have any problem. No lags at all. So I decided not to delete my CCs after all. But thanks for telling me how I could do it in case I needed to.

I haven't done that myself and yes, it seems that EA recently patched the launcher so that installed items don't show up anymore, but what you could try is to move/copy that mermaid sims3pack (if you don't have that anymore, then you have to re-download it) back to the Downloads folder and re-install it. After that it should show up in the launcher. Don't exit the launcher! Instead go to the "Install" section, mark that item and click "uninstall".
Keep in mind that this is just a workaround - and I'm not even sure if that works...Maybe LadyElDi or invalidusername have something else to offer..

"Third party content" (= Custom content that was not officially made by EA) tends to cause problems, so personally I don't download and install these.

Hello,

No I think that's a good idea to try. It's easier than what I had in mind.
And yes, if you remove CC, it'll get replaced by a default base game object/CASpart.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauuchan on Wed 01 May 2013, 14:31

WOOOW! it actually worked! I managed to uninstall the tail Smile
But didn't help with the lagging issue though.. I was beginning to think it was because I'm in Sunlit Tides but it still lags even when I'm in University. I even created a new game in Sunlit Tides with no lags at all. Hmm.
pauuchan
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 02 May 2013, 12:51

@pauuchan wrote:WOOOW! it actually worked! I managed to uninstall the tail Smile
But didn't help with the lagging issue though.. I was beginning to think it was because I'm in Sunlit Tides but it still lags even when I'm in University. I even created a new game in Sunlit Tides with no lags at all. Hmm.

Hello,

in
this topic I wrote about "memories of Sims". You could try that too: so download and install Master Controller, click at the city hall, under NRAAS/Master Controller/SIM/Intermediate/Remove memories. Then a list with various options pops up. Choose the right thing (I guess in the English-language version of the game it's called "town") and then delete.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum