Problem with Sims in CAS.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with Sims in CAS.[SOLVED]

Post by TashSim on Fri 26 Apr 2013, 08:23

The picture is pretty much self explanatory....Whenever I open CAS, try to edit ANY Sims clothing and appearance this happens. I wasn't able to get a full picture because my game isn't working at the moment. I have the cc dashboard and used it to check if I have any corrupted files or any conflicts but I don't. I don't know why this keeps happening but it's really annoying me. Any help and any comments are appreciated! Smile

Last edited by TashSim on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 04:43; edited 1 time in total

— Ellie (The Last of Us)
TashSim
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Silent Hill Series, The Last Of Us
Female Posts : 78

View user profile http://simtasia.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Sims in CAS.[SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 26 Apr 2013, 13:42

@TashSim wrote:

The picture is pretty much self explanatory....Whenever I open CAS, try to edit ANY Sims clothing and appearance this happens. I wasn't able to get a full picture because my game isn't working at the moment. I have the cc dashboard and used it to check if I have any corrupted files or any conflicts but I don't. I don't know why this keeps happening but it's really annoying me. Any help and any comments are appreciated! Smile

Hello,

If you have any ".package" or ".sims3pack"-files that were NOT officially made by EA (= third party content) then you should delete these. I'm not sure how reliable this dashboard is as far as "Bad CC" is concerned..
If there are .package files, just remove them out of the "Mods" folder in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 (in Windows).
If there are .sims3pack files, open up the launcher, search for these items in the "Installed items" tab, mark them and click "uninstall". If you can't see your installed items in the launcher, try
my suggestion here.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14080

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TashSim on Fri 26 Apr 2013, 16:49

What do you mean by "NOT officially made by EA", doesn't that mean all of my custom content?

— Ellie (The Last of Us)
TashSim
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Fri 26 Apr 2013, 17:14

Just try backing up and removing "Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3" then run the game. If it's fixed, it's a cc issue (which is definitely what it looks like to me, that skin/makeup in particular looks corrupt).
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 26 Apr 2013, 17:15

@TashSim wrote:What do you mean by "NOT officially made by EA", doesn't that mean all of my custom content?

When you downloaded these items, what did the description/name of the download look like?
Official EA "store content" (in .sims3pack format) normally looks like that: (Name of item)/(Month of release)/(Year of release). These monthly releases, in turn, contain one or more items.
Or: where did you get your downloads from ?

If you don't know that anymore, try this: open "edit town" and save your sim(s) to the bin. Then backup your DCCache folder (Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3), then delete it. If you have a "Mods" folder in that directory, then it's enough to rename it (e.g. "Mods_old").
All your installed CC should be gone now. However, you should now re-install all the custom worlds first (if you have any). Start a new game, load your sim(s) from the bin or start a completely new household and see if anything changed...

//EDIT:
Of course, invalidusername's solution is probably a bit easier and quicker
Smile
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14080

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TashSim on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 04:44

So, a friend of mine had the exact same problem. The problem was Dachs HQ mod. I don't know why it happened but I removed it and replaced it with the S-Club HQ mod. Thanks for your help anyway! Smile

— Ellie (The Last of Us)
TashSim
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 05:35

Glad we could help, but even better that you found it on your own! Smile

Enjoy the game. Smile

Topic closed.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum