can't reinstall World Adventures.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

can't reinstall World Adventures.[SOLVED]

Post by cicetra on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 21:33

Hello, so I'm trying to reinstall sims 3 world adventures. I know it should work because I had it installed a few months ago, but got bored and uninstalled only this expansion. I have ambitions, generations, pets, showtime, diesel stuff, seasons and university life and those work fine.

When I try to unpack the files it says that some files are corrupt (I use winrar).
I tried redownloading the same download and I also tried redownloading from different sites (all of them were from games4theworld) but nothing works.
I also checked if there was anything from world adventures on my pc that I didn't uninstall a few months ago but I couldn't find anything.

I'm thinking about uninstalling all expansions and the base game and reinstalling everything (but I'd rather not, because I don't want to lose my game and it will take a shitload of time O_O) so if anyone has suggestions please help xD

cicetra
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: can't reinstall World Adventures.[SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 21:44

@cicetra wrote:Hello, so I'm trying to reinstall sims 3 world adventures. I know it should work because I had it installed a few months ago, but got bored and uninstalled only this expansion. I have ambitions, generations, pets, showtime, diesel stuff, seasons and university life and those work fine.

When I try to unpack the files it says that some files are corrupt (I use winrar).
I tried redownloading the same download and I also tried redownloading from different sites (all of them were from games4theworld) but nothing works.
I also checked if there was anything from world adventures on my pc that I didn't uninstall a few months ago but I couldn't find anything.

I'm thinking about uninstalling all expansions and the base game and reinstalling everything (but I'd rather not, because I don't want to lose my game and it will take a shitload of time O_O) so if anyone has suggestions please help xD

Hello there,

This may sound cynical, but it looks like the downloads did not finish completely. Some reasons could be problems with the servers of the sites you were downloading from or problems with your internet connection.
What you could try is to download it with another browser...and have you tried the torrent download ?

//EDIT:
Did you compare file sizes ? How big is your "corrupt" file and what size is given in the description of your download sites ?

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cicetra on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 21:52

Ok I'll try redownloading, I really hope that's the problem!! and yes I tried the torrent download
Thank you

cicetra
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 21:58

@cicetra wrote:Ok I'll try redownloading, I really hope that's the problem!! and yes I tried the torrent download
Thank you

Another thing I forgot before: can you "ignore" the warning and somehow extract the RAR file ?
Try this: choose "extract to" and then in the options on the left "keep broken files"..
After extraction try installing it.

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cicetra on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 22:16

Carlos G. wrote:
@cicetra wrote:Ok I'll try redownloading, I really hope that's the problem!! and yes I tried the torrent download
Thank you

Another thing I forgot before: can you "ignore" the warning and somehow extract the RAR file ?
Try this: choose "extract to" and then in the options on the left "keep broken files"..
After extraction try installing it.

I could just click ok and it would keep extracting, but if I tried to install the game it doesn't work. But I'm not sure and I already deleted the whole world adventures file and I'm redownloading so I can't really check until the download is finished (0.5% yoohoo!). Soo I'll just download this file and see if it works Smile

//EDIT:
It worked! So I redownloaded (now with utorrent instead of torch) and I clicked the option "keep broken files"
Thank you so much!! Very Happy

cicetra
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:31

Alright, then Very Happy

Keep in mind that downloading with a bittorrent client (like my favourite utorrent) normally doesn't have the disadvantage of data loss when the internet connection has problems..so if the connection is bad, the torrent download will simply pause - and resume later.
Topic closed.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum