Problem that is getting on my nerves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem that is getting on my nerves

Post by Titan123 on Thu 02 May 2013, 14:24

So, I installed Sims 3, High End Loft and Generations and I played for a while. Then suddenly my Sims' inventories got bugged, so I decided to apply latest 1.50.56 patch. Patch applied, I downloaded fix and applied it as it's told in manual. I decided to play it on a weekend and when I double-clicked the shortcut, black screen appeared as normal. I thought it will load fast, but it took more than 5 minutes. After 5 mins monitor turned off and then on and black screen was there too. I tried to hit start button on keyboard, alt-tab, ctrl-alt-del. Nothing. Then I needed to restart computer to get it in normal state. After that, I reinstalled whole game, didn't applied any patch nor ultimate fix, but i used the crack from download. Game loaded but it was so slow that it crashed after 15 minutes of play. I had Seasons then, installed it and sims stopped crashing, but it was so slow, like i never saw before on my PC. Then I tried applying the ultimate fix, no effect. Also, i Applied crack from #Crack folder after 1.50.56 patch before. When applying patch from folder that is marked for that expansion, game won't even start, pops up 'don't send' problem. Please

Titan123
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem that is getting on my nerves

Post by Shamrock on Thu 02 May 2013, 14:35

Ok. Are you sure you followed ALL the steps for the ultimate fix?
Also, do you have the latest version of the fix?

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan123 on Thu 02 May 2013, 15:55

Yes I'm sure and I have latest version of fix.

Titan123
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Thu 02 May 2013, 16:13

What I would suggest then is uninstall everything and reinstall it all following this thoroughly.
Seems to me like all the different cracks and all may be conflicting with each other...
If you have anything saved, take the folders some place else, the start without, then if everything works put them back in place...

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan123 on Fri 03 May 2013, 21:06

I done like that before, same thing. Ultimate fix isn't working for some reason and I don't know why. Problem appeared after installing 1.50.56 patch and applying ultimate fix. After that I reinstalled it several times, but without sucess. Deleted everything related to Sims 3 (Folders, registry), installed again, same thing. Scanned for viruses, no viruses at all. Idk why and it's really getting on my nerves.

Titan123
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 03 May 2013, 22:16

Titan123 wrote:I done like that before, same thing. Ultimate fix isn't working for some reason and I don't know why. Problem appeared after installing 1.50.56 patch and applying ultimate fix. After that I reinstalled it several times, but without sucess. Deleted everything related to Sims 3 (Folders, registry), installed again, same thing. Scanned for viruses, no viruses at all. Idk why and it's really getting on my nerves.

Alright then Smile
There are still a few things you could try:

-the most obvious thing: is your computer strong enough to handle the game? In case of doubt, look at this article here. And is your graphics driver up-to-date?
-after uninstalling and cleaning the registry, restart your computer before you proceed further!
-install all your stuff, apply the manual patch, then the ultimate fix. Furthermore, you shouldn't have a "Mods" folder when (re-)installing or patching the game; it is enough to rename that folder before installation; after installing rename the folder back to its original name ("Mods")
Smile. I'm not sure if this applies to you too, but it is worth keeping it in mind.
-after installing you may restart the computer again; this helped at least some people here on the forum.
-before starting the game, make sure there are no cache files in your Sims 3 folder (located in Documents/Electronic Arts):

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Think about these suggestions, and let us know if it changed anything. If not, we'll see what else can be done. Good luck!

//EDIT

I don't suppose you have looked at
this topic here ?
Although your game doesn't actually crash to the desktop (from what I understand), especially #2 (about the DEP) and #3 (Assigning more RAM to memory) can be interesting.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14441

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan123 on Sat 04 May 2013, 05:44

I deleted 'The Sims 3' folder in Electronic Arts folder in My Documents before, without sucess. I don't think i can assign to DEP becuz my OS is WinXP and my PC can handle the game, it was running smooth until few days ago when it ran but it was very, very slow and it was constantly crashing and driver is up to date. Everything appeared after applying 1.50.56 patch and ultimate fix after it. Before that I had High End Loft Stuff and Generations. I cleaned cache several times when it crashed or when it didn't start, nothing happens. Same thing every time. I'll gonna try again and I will notice you if something changes.

Titan123
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 04 May 2013, 12:10

Hello,

There are some issues with the current patch level.
The ultimate fix was designed to patch and crack your game with ease, but it doesn't fix every problem.
What you should do is check all your drivers and windows updates and make sure everything is up to date.
Assigning the DEP is easy enough with XP, just bring up the system properties by rightclicking on "My Computer" in your start menu, go to the "Advanced" tab and select the "Performance" settings. Your DEP list is there, the 3rd tab.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan123 on Sat 04 May 2013, 14:41

Everything up to date, added to DEP, still doesn't works. It worked before, well, idk why it doesn't works, even i cleared everything, everything that was connected to sims 3 (Registry, folders, save games). Well, only i think i'm gonna burn the sims on CD/DVD and wait to reinstall my XP. Sad

//EDIT

All patches above 1.21 doesn't work for some reason. Game can run
without crack, but after applying the fix everything messes up.

Titan123
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 04 May 2013, 15:07

Hello,

That's weird. The fix is really just a way to patch and crack. Did you ever use a noCD mod? If you did, that can cause conflicts.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan123 on Mon 06 May 2013, 16:45

No, I didn't use NoCD mod and I downloaded crack for Generations, other than crack from the Fix and it worked. Crack from the fix for Generations is not working, meaning this fix isn't working for me.

// EDIT

This fix is not compatible with my PC, I don't know why.
Thank you for your help.

Helper edit: please try not to post multiple times; use the "edit" button instead to modify your post.

- C.G

Titan123
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Mon 06 May 2013, 17:20

Hello,

I don't know why either, but I'd sure like to find out. Can you show us a screenshot of the folder in the fix that you used as crack?

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan123 on Mon 06 May 2013, 18:28

After installing Sims 3 and Generations EP only, I cracked it with crack that came in Game CD image. Worked fine, I played for a while. Then I downloaded fix and applied crack from folder named "University Life&...(not to mention them all) that is for Generations. Didn't run the game, downloaded the 1.50.56 patch, installed it and then applied crack from folder named "#Crack" (just like that), tried to run the game, after couple of minutes game freezes no loading animation pops up, I can't alt-tab from game either. Then I deleted Sims and all patches and fixes from PC, reinstalled WinXP (it was slow) and after reinstall of WinXP I installed Sims 3 and Generations. Left the Seasons to install it later. I cracked it with crack that came with CD, just like i mentioned at start of this post, then I was curios and applied the crack for generations (University Life&...' folder) and game didn't want to start. Then I reapplied the crack from folder on CD image that I downloaded (not the G4TW Generations) and I was able to run and play the game. I installed Seasons and 1.40 patch with it and I cracked the Seasons with the proper crack(not the one from Ultimate Fix). Then the game won't start, passes few minutes and all pc freezes (can't do nothing and only solution was to shut down the PC or restart). Then I realized that somehow patches above 1.21 are not working for my PC. My graphic card is up to date ( ASUS AH3450 (it's same as Radeon HD 3450)) I downloaded updates when I was reinstalling the XP and the problem still exists. I searched on web if there's some list of software reqs for Sims 3 like .NET framework or something other. Nothing at all. That's everything what happened from the start to now.

Titan123
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 07 May 2013, 15:49

Another thing to keep in mind is that the contents of the folder "CurrentGame.sims3" (in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3) should be deleted after every crash and before restarting the game, but I'm not sure if that can change anything in this case here.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14441

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum