Stuck in Build/Buy Mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuck in Build/Buy Mode

Post by defimed on Sun 05 May 2013, 04:23

I'm getting stuck in Build/Buy Mode. I got some things done, no problem, but at some point it won't let me leave Build/Buy Mode to go back to Live Mode. That, in turn, means I can't save what I've done. When I click the Live Mode button, the cursor just spins until I finally force the game down with the Task Manager. I've restarted the game and my computer several times, but it's not improving. help!

defimed
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims
Female Posts : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck in Build/Buy Mode

Post by Adwomin on Sun 05 May 2013, 10:50

Hello,

That problem sounds familiar too.
Do you have any Mods or Custom Content?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck in Build/Buy Mode

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 05 May 2013, 10:58

defimed wrote: I'm getting stuck in Build/Buy Mode. I got some things done, no problem, but at some point it won't let me leave Build/Buy Mode to go back to Live Mode. That, in turn, means I can't save what I've done. When I click the Live Mode button, the cursor just spins until I finally force the game down with the Task Manager. I've restarted the game and my computer several times, but it's not improving. help!

Hello there,

If you have a Mods folder (and mods installed), you can try renaming that folder (like this: "Mods_"). It can be found in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. In that Sims 3 folder, you might also want to delete the cache files too:
-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

A more "aggressive" solution could be (if nothing of the above makes any difference) to remove your "The Sims 3" folder (Documents/Electronic Arts). Start the game then. You'll realise that you (temporarily at least) have to start a new savegame - and that all your Custom Content is gone too.
Now try out the Build & Buy modes and see if anything improved.

What could be an issue too, is the crack (I had a very similar problem myself); if you really are using a crack, where did you get it from ?

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum