The Sims 4 announced!

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sims 4 announced!

Post by deblake60 on Wed 08 May 2013, 20:10

@TUN3R wrote:
@deblake60 wrote:I think it's too soon for Sims4

@TashSim wrote:It's too soon for the Sims 4
if you wanna keep playing this crappy game for a few more months nobody is stopping you, but that's no reason to delay the game for everybody come on -.-
I guess it wouldn't be a crappy game if EA took the time to make it more stable before the launch of another series. Once Sims 4 is actually out, I would expect EA to make it as glitch free as possible too, but that's doubtful.

Also, for the record, the sims 3 (Crappy or not) (glitch free or not) was the only thing in the world that helped my Autistic son to better interact with everyone. When his Sims 3 glitches and messes up, his behaviors are off the chart. I wrote Lady Eldi a long letter thanking G4TW for their generous "donation" of providing the sims 3, which helped my son. I personally like Sims 2.

Just wanted you to know where I was coming from. I would like to see Sims 3 fixed for players like my son.

deblake60
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TUN3R on Wed 08 May 2013, 21:22

@deblake60 wrote:I guess it wouldn't be a crappy game if EA took the time to make it more stable before the launch of another series. Once Sims 4 is actually out, I would expect EA to make it as glitch free as possible too, but that's doubtful.

That's true. But three years to build a stable game is more than enough, and The Sims 4 has five. The chances of EA screwing up are high, but time isn't a factor here. If they screw up it will be because their staff isn't motivated, they are greedy with the budget, and they make stupid decisions in general.

@deblake60 wrote:
Also, for the record, the sims 3 (Crappy or not) (glitch free or not) was the only thing in the world that helped my Autistic son to better interact with everyone. When his Sims 3 glitches and messes up, his behaviors are off the chart. I wrote Lady Eldi a long letter thanking G4TW for their generous "donation" of providing the sims 3, which helped my son. I personally like Sims 2.

I think he would have been fine with The Sims 2 as well, but I admit I don't know jack about autism. Anyway I'm just glad you thanked G4TW and not EA.

@deblake60 wrote:
Just wanted you to know where I was coming from. I would like to see Sims 3 fixed for players like my son.

I can understand that, but I hope you too can understand the that if Maxis haven't fixed The Sims 3 till now, they never will. Whether it's their fault or EA's (or Black Box') doesn't really matter, the fact is that The Sims 4 doesn't change anything for The Sims 3.

Plus what are the odds that The Sims 4 will be worse than The Sims 3? I can't really imagine how it could be worse...

Scratch that, forgot about SimCity... But EA did say The Sims 4 will be a singleplayer game with offline support so there's that.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deblake60 on Wed 08 May 2013, 21:47

True enough.
deblake60
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Sims 2, SPORE, Plants Vs Zomies, Bejeweled 3, misc tastes
Male Posts : 218

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE: Sims 4 announced

Post by condor on Thu 09 May 2013, 02:07

Admin wrote:I think they're like: "Ah, why would we fix the bugs anyway? Games4theworld will take care of all the disappointed fans, man our (free) Support department and fix all the problems we create, so we can enjoy our free time and drink coffee all day long."

lol!!!!!!!!! That was funny!
condor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : sims 3 - call of duty -Balance - jurassik park - New York tycoon - Zoo tycoon - Dino crisis - sim city 4 - Mortyr 2 - Sims 2 and tons of others i can't name.
Female Posts : 145

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TashSim on Thu 09 May 2013, 08:30

You do realize it's been four years since The Sims 3 was released right? And five by the time The Sims 4 is out? And 11 expansions released? And god knows how many stuff packs?

Yeah I do realize that it's been 4-5 since the release of the Sims 3. What I'm trying to say is that they should wait a bit before announcing the Sims 4, wait till all the expansion packs are done and let people play what they bought before announcing the Sims 4, and then announce it. If that makes any sense, it probably doesn't because i'm not good at explaining things, but yeah that's what I meant. Smile
TashSim
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Silent Hill Series, The Last Of Us
Female Posts : 78

View user profile http://simtasia.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragin on Sun 12 May 2013, 02:37

I knew it was in production! I'm one of those that are happy our suspicious minds have been proven right. cheers
Ragin
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Strategy, RPG, Survival, Simulation
Male Posts : 14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Sun 12 May 2013, 03:03

@TUN3R wrote:
@deblake60 wrote:I guess it wouldn't be a crappy game if EA took the time to make it more stable before the launch of another series. Once Sims 4 is actually out, I would expect EA to make it as glitch free as possible too, but that's doubtful.

That's true. But three years to build a stable game is more than enough, and The Sims 4 has five. The chances of EA screwing up are high, but time isn't a factor here. If they screw up it will be because their staff isn't motivated, they are greedy with the budget, and they make stupid decisions in general.

@deblake60 wrote:

I think he would have been fine with The Sims 2 as well, but I admit I don't know jack about autism. Anyway I'm just glad you thanked G4TW and not EA.

@deblake60 wrote:

I can understand that, but I hope you too can understand the that if Maxis haven't fixed The Sims 3 till now, they never will. Whether it's their fault or EA's (or Black Box') doesn't really matter, the fact is that The Sims 4 doesn't change anything for The Sims 3.

Plus what are the odds that The Sims 4 will be worse than The Sims 3? I can't really imagine how it could be worse...

Scratch that, forgot about SimCity... But EA did say The Sims 4 will be a singleplayer game with offline support so there's that.
Well, don't expect The Sims 4 would be better in terms of glitches and lags. It does require better PCs, and moreover, don't you realise it may be too early to announce the date of release? What I conclude from this announcement is that EA is rushing the games out without managing their time properly. They just rush the game out (as EA is a commercial giant, their core value is profit), so I doubt if they have time to create The Sims 4 without numerous glitches.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TUN3R on Sun 12 May 2013, 11:50

You don't know that. EA aren't Rockstar, apart from The Sims 3 and a few recent releases they usually publish decently optimized games. As for the system requirements, it could be quite the contrary: better tech requiring less expensive PC, wouldn't be the first time.

@TashSim wrote:
Yeah I do realize that it's been 4-5 since the release of the Sims 3. What I'm trying to say is that they should wait a bit before announcing the Sims 4, wait till all the expansion packs are done and let people play what they bought before announcing the Sims 4, and then announce it. If that makes any sense, it probably doesn't because i'm not good at explaining things, but yeah that's what I meant. Smile

It does, but nobody is stopping you from playing The Sims 3 as long as you want, let the rest of us enjoy... or curse... The Sims 4. As I mentioned earlier, this is nothing new, EA always announced the next game before the last two expansions were released.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Male Posts : 646

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 12 May 2013, 11:56

@TUN3R wrote: As for the system requirements, it could be quite the contrary: better tech requiring less expensive PC, wouldn't be the first time.

I agree, game as well as software developers usually try to make their products as "backward compatible" as possible. Whether this matches the reality or not (after the release of the product) is of course another question.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TUN3R on Sun 12 May 2013, 18:06

Carlos G. wrote:
@TUN3R wrote: As for the system requirements, it could be quite the contrary: better tech requiring less expensive PC, wouldn't be the first time.

I agree, game as well as software developers usually try to make their products as "backward compatible" as possible. Whether this matches the reality or not (after the release of the product) is of course another question.

I don't know if "usually" is the right word for it, but...

Anyway just look at Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (2010). It's one of the best PC ports ever made and it came out after the worst one: Need For Speed Undercover. Same goes for Most Wanted and The Run. Sure, that's mostly because the developers of Undercover and The Run are a bunch of overpaid [censored] whereas Criterion are bloody geniuses, but let's not forget that the same [censored] worked on The Sims 3 as well. The Sims 4 appears to be developed entirely by Maxis so I'm not calling it a crappy game just yet.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Sun 12 May 2013, 18:54

Ok, what if The Sims 4 looks like The SimCity 2013 (The SimCity 5)? Until now, I cannot find a virus-free, survey-free, 'fakeless' SimCity cracked torrent. Not in G4TW, not in Skidow(the surveys are not working btw, tried for a bunch of times already). And as far as I know, EA created SimCity 5 crackless with DRM system (aka online system). There are some rumours that EA created it with a reason. It prevents pirates from cracking SimCity 5. What if The Sims 4 looks like this? What are u expecting and looking for exactly?

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by larsV on Sun 12 May 2013, 22:05

well there is already promised that sims 4 will an can be played offline and single ,they have learned from sim city 5,it doesn`t mater if you can`t find a crack version of sim city 5,because the servers are most of the time down.

larsV
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims,gta,football manager
Male Posts : 106

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TUN3R on Sun 12 May 2013, 23:07

cat2006house wrote:Ok, what if The Sims 4 looks like The SimCity 2013 (The SimCity 5)? Until now, I cannot find a virus-free, survey-free, 'fakeless' SimCity cracked torrent. Not in G4TW, not in Skidow(the surveys are not working btw, tried for a bunch of times already). And as far as I know, EA created SimCity 5 crackless with DRM system (aka online system). There are some rumours that EA created it with a reason. It prevents pirates from cracking SimCity 5. What if The Sims 4 looks like this? What are u expecting and looking for exactly?

They already said it's offline, stressed on it actually. If it's offline, it's crackable, no matter what DRM software it might use. SimCity can't be cracked because it would mean changing the way the game works entirely, it was developed to run online from the very beginning. I'd be surprized if Skidrow and the other popular hackers are still trying to crack SimCity.

Yes, EA created SimCity as an experiment to see if they could prevent their games from being pirated. It worked, but it failed at the same time because people not prating =/= people buying. At least they realized it, if everybody else does too then the world will be a better place. Well, we'll still have cancer and war but, yeah.

By the way, survey downloads / torrents are a scam.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcrammer on Wed 15 May 2013, 03:34

Yeah right. The same way we got SimCity 5...

Arcrammer
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KVsting on Sat 18 May 2013, 12:47

I think I'm able to play it on minimum requirements Very Happy
Here are my PC specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name USER-PC
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pro 3420 AiO PC
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G630 @ 2.70GHz, 2700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date AMI LEO_703, 8.9.2011.
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale Bosna i Hercegovina
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name user-PC\user
Time Zone Central European Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2,00 GB
Total Physical Memory 1,91 GB
Available Physical Memory 636 MB
Total Virtual Memory 4,91 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3,25 GB
Page File Space 3,00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
KVsting
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Minecraft, TES Series, TF2, Terraria, Mario, The Sims Series, NBA 2K Series, FIFA Series and last, but not least...... DOTA 2!!!
Male Posts : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TUN3R on Sat 18 May 2013, 15:53

You're all overestimating The Sims 4's requirements. Sims 3 ran fine even on many outdated PC's (outdated back then). I doubt The Sims 4 will be much different.

Of course, I'm talking about the base game. Let's hope EA finds a better way of integrating add-ons in the game than releasing them and making us install them as individual games.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KVsting on Sat 18 May 2013, 16:52

@TUN3R wrote:You're all overestimating The Sims 4's requirements. Sims 3 ran fine even on many outdated PC's (outdated back then). I doubt The Sims 4 will be much different.

Of course, I'm talking about the base game. Let's hope EA finds a better way of integrating add-ons in the game than releasing them and making us install them as individual games.

Are you sure? Because today's games require good PCs.
KVsting
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Minecraft, TES Series, TF2, Terraria, Mario, The Sims Series, NBA 2K Series, FIFA Series and last, but not least...... DOTA 2!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fields on Sat 18 May 2013, 17:00

@KVsting wrote:
@TUN3R wrote:You're all overestimating The Sims 4's requirements. Sims 3 ran fine even on many outdated PC's (outdated back then). I doubt The Sims 4 will be much different.

I think the main issue with the sims needing a good computer is if you add lots and lots of content, mods and store stuff, not so much the expansions, however I guess they do slow the game a little bit. but if they somehow found a better way to run the content and mods maybe the sims 4 has a future.

The other thing that annoys me about EA is they always want to start off with a base game which hardly has any base, what I mean is, they always start the base game with the basics, even not putting in things like weather for example and release it as a expansion. I believe the weather, which lets face it to me is a basic need for the game should be in the first base game. NOT a year later
Fields
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, simcity (all Sim city versions) APB reloaded.
Male Posts : 171

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KVsting on Sat 18 May 2013, 17:29

@Fields wrote:
@KVsting wrote:

I think the main issue with the sims needing a good computer is if you add lots and lots of content, mods and store stuff, not so much the expansions, however I guess they do slow the game a little bit. but if they somehow found a better way to run the content and mods maybe the sims 4 has a future.

The other thing that annoys me about EA is they always want to start off with a base game which hardly has any base, what I mean is, they always start the base game with the basics, even not putting in things like weather for example and release it as a expansion. I believe the weather, which lets face it to me is a basic need for the game should be in the first base game. NOT a year later

Yeah, the always add stuf in expansions which slow your game a little. Why don't they add some stuff in one update, and another in another and it goes and goes...
KVsting
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 18 May 2013, 18:26

@Fields wrote:
@KVsting wrote:

The same is true for Pets.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanzeloth on Wed 22 May 2013, 23:47

Weather should be in the basic game, but i don't really believe for it. I mean things would become so much easier. Problems with objects from EPs announced before season wouldn't occur. In the city sims wouldn't wear the shittiest outdoor outfits anymore. (and we could let our Sims enjoy the weather a bit earlier)

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to sims 4 because of its beeing a OFFLINE game. I couldn't believe EA could learn from their mistakes, but as we can see, they can Smile

Lanzeloth
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TUN3R on Thu 23 May 2013, 01:08

@KVsting wrote:Are you sure? Because today's games require good PCs.

Yeah you can thank the Microsoft saboteurs for that. But luckily EA isn't on Microsoft's payroll.

Anyway what they require and how they actually run are two different things. Plus most of today's games are all about DX11 and as many shaders and as much bloom as your eyes can handle before they turn to paste. I doubt The Sims 4 will make exaggerated use of those, due to it's semi-cartoon graphics style.

@Fields wrote:I think the main issue with the sims needing a good
computer is if you add lots and lots of content, mods and store stuff,
not so much the expansions, however I guess they do slow the game a
little bit. but if they somehow found a better way to run the content
and mods maybe the sims 4 has a future.

That goes for any game :-/ I mean if you just add more luxury stuff to a racing car it slows down doesn't it?

Where EA really screwed up is integrating the expansions into the base game. When I'm running TS3 will all of them installed I'm practially running, what, eleven games at once?

Lady ElDi wrote:
@Fields wrote:
The other thing that annoys me
about EA is they always want to start off with a base game which hardly
has any base, what I mean is, they always start the base game with the
basics, even not putting in things like weather for example and release
it as a expansion. I believe the weather, which lets face it to me is a
basic need for the game should be in the first base game. NOT a year
later

The same is true for Pets.

Agreed. I mean, sure apart from the very first Sims base game, The Sims series was never about realism. But that doesn't change the fact that it does simulate life to some degree, realistic or not. And I just don't see how you can simulate the basic elements of life without Seasons and Pets.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Thu 23 May 2013, 09:36

@TUN3R wrote:
@KVsting wrote:Are you sure? Because today's games require good PCs.

Yeah you can thank the Microsoft saboteurs for that. But luckily EA isn't on Microsoft's payroll.

Anyway what they require and how they actually run are two different things. Plus most of today's games are all about DX11 and as many shaders and as much bloom as your eyes can handle before they turn to paste. I doubt The Sims 4 will make exaggerated use of those, due to it's semi-cartoon graphics style.
Disagree. What I mean is don't you realise how fast better graphic cards and processors are introduced to the market? People can soon afford gaming pcs' graphic cards because the value of them are deterioriating FAST. Look at the market prices dude. And I think The Sims 4 will at least have 50/50 chances of running in higher-end pcs instead of worse ones because nowadays even new games required better and better pcs, people are changing their pcs faster too...

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TUN3R on Thu 23 May 2013, 21:01

cat2006house wrote:
Disagree. What I mean is don't you realise how fast better graphic cards and processors are introduced to the market? People can soon afford gaming pcs' graphic cards because the value of them are deterioriating FAST. Look at the market prices dude. And I think The Sims 4 will at least have 50/50 chances of running in higher-end pcs instead of worse ones because nowadays even new games required better and better pcs, people are changing their pcs faster too...

No I don't actually. In fact I don't understand where you're getting at at all. New parts are more expensive, yes that's common knowledge thank you, but I don't see what it has to do with The Sims 4's system requirements.

Anywho, my PC is almost four years old with the exception of the graphics card which is a little over two years old. Some of my parts aren't being sold anymore, but they do have similar, newer equivalents. Based on the prices I've seen at my regular supplier, a PC like mine but with a more recent motherboard goes like this:

2 Core Intel Core i5-661 3.33 GHz processor = 165 Euros A.K.A. 213 USD
Gigabyte GeForce 550 Ti 1GB graphics card = 114 Euros A.K.A. 147 USD
Intel DZ77SL-50K (4 DDR3 memory slots) motherboard = 90 Euros A.K.A. 116 USD
Two Kingston 4GB memory cards (I have four, 2GB each and just one of them costed as much as this one) = 50 Euros A.K.A. 64 USD
Any 320GB hard disk = 50 Euros AKA 64 USD

And that's that! Sure you also need a power source, a case (although there's a good chance you can use the one you have, mine is the same one I on my 2004 PC, except for the side pannels which are lighter and have 2 80 mm fans and a 100 mm one) and an optical unit, but there will be a cold day in hell before all of these together cost more than 75 Euros A.K.A. 96 USD.

The total comes to 544 Euros A.K.A. 701 USD. And that's with this stupid country's 24% VAT AND my suppliers 7%. But keep in mind that this is for a new PC, unless you're still using the same bucket you had back in 2004 I doubt you'll need to buy a brand new one instead of upgrading.

The only games that I can't run perfectly are The Sims 3 with EVERY EXPANSION and the shittiest port in history: GTA IV, both of which are still very well playable and enjoyable assuming you can ignore IV's crappy controls, running at a solid 40 FPS average (GTA IV often hits 70, but it also drops to 30 when the weather and time of day don't get along). Everything else runs perfectly, including Sims 3 if I limit my expansions to three or four and don't use any lighting altering mods (although with Seasons installed, those don't seem to impact performance much ether).

Last edited by TUN3R on Mon 27 May 2013, 14:55; edited 1 time in total

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by starcristen on Thu 23 May 2013, 21:14

Hi, I'm a lurker who is tired of reading speculaton on the system requirements everytime I check back.Sleep

I don't believe most The Sims 3 players would have to upgrade their pc to run The Sims 4. First of all, the May 7th link OP posted said:
"Q: What are the minimum hardware requirements for The Sims 4?
A: We are working to make the game accessible to as many players as possible. We will let you know once we’ve locked in the specs."
I'm going to trust them on this one. I mean c'mon look at those sims in the promo picture, it's not like they're hiring Tetsuya Nomura for sim design. It looks like it'll be more TSM (design not theme) meets TS3.

Now if it turns out that System requirements are higher than TS3, I wouldn't get too angry yet. I usually ignore system requirements. When I played The Sims 2, it could not run on the family 2001 pc. It ran alright on our 2006 pc w/ lots of CC and all expansions. Then when I started playing The Sims 3 on the 2006 pc w/ lots of CC and all the expansion up to Katy Perry, the max it could run on was medium-low graphic setting but I could run Fable: The Lost Chapters just fine, then we upgraded the RAM and TS3 could run on medium sttings just fine. On my current (pretty cheap) notebook TS3 with all expansions can run on high with little to no lag and with Nraas mods and CC hair. I could also run Skyrim and Fable 3. These are all games that the Best Buy guy told me I wouldn't be able to run when I purchased my notebook and Can You Run It? also said I wouldn't be able to run the TS3 and Skyrim. So basically if you have a decent pc that runs TS3 on high pretty well, don't sweat it. You really won't know until you download the game and try to play it.Smile And like TUN3R said, you'd probably only have to do a small upgrade if necessary.
starcristen
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, The Sims
Female Posts : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphoenyx on Mon 27 May 2013, 06:13

I would hope that the system requirements won't be too "high-end" as well (since my computer couldn't even play The Sims 3 according to system requirements, it plays it anyways but lagged).

Daphoenyx
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims series, The Elder Scrolls series, Assassin's Creed series + a bunch of adventure games
Female Posts : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TUN3R on Mon 27 May 2013, 14:57

@Daphoenyx wrote:I would hope that the system requirements won't be too "high-end" as well (since my computer couldn't even play The Sims 3 according to system requirements, it plays it anyways but lagged).

Of course they'll be higher, we're talking 2014. But that doesn't mean that the game will run worse than The Sims 3 -.-

I give up.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down