Base game and genuine EP icons 'disappear' after installing both torrented and genuine EPs.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Base game and genuine EP icons 'disappear' after installing both torrented and genuine EPs.

Post by jessnnn on Mon 06 May 2013, 21:25

Hi! I can't find anything which is similar enough to my problem to be comfortable with trying to use the advice given to those problems, so I'm just going to go ahead and post this.

Okay, so... I have the base game, WA, LN, Outdoor Living stuff (Origin file), and Generations (Origin file) all genuinely bought, and I've been reinstalling all the games onto my new laptop. The games between WA and LN which I don't have, I've downloaded from you guys and had installed with no issues at all.

Then I came to install Late Night, and it also installed without an issue... until I opened the starter to check, only to find this:

I never had this problem installing things on my old computer, so I'm really confused as to what has happened.

I've also never been on this forum before, and have only just learned of the existence of the 'proper way to indtall the sims 3' thread, and the various ultimate fix patches. To be honest, there's a lot there and I'm just totally at a loss as to how I'm supposed to try and fix this.

It's taken me hours just to install up to Late Night, so I don't really fancy having to uninstall everything - and I don't see how I can follow the proper way to install guide without starting from scratch -, so should I just continue downloading and installing all the expansion packs, then use the ultimate fix patch, or is uninstalling and starting again the only way to go with this?

Any help/advice would be super useful!

Thanks!

jessnnn
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Zoo Tycoon, Sim City, the Wallace & Gromit Curse of the Wererabbit videogame, Minecraft, Tetris (aw yiss),
Female Posts : 3

View user profile http://thesearejessicakes.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Base game and genuine EP icons 'disappear' after installing both torrented and genuine EPs.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Mon 06 May 2013, 21:47

Hello,

Your original games, are they separate installers, or a deluxe edition of some sort?
Did you use the cracks that came with LN and WA?
What was your base game patch level?

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Base game and genuine EP icons 'disappear' after installing both torrented and genuine EPs.

Post by jessnnn on Mon 06 May 2013, 21:54

My original games were separate installers, yes.

... I... no? I wasn't aware you needed to also get the cracks for genuine games, too.

I honestly don't know. I didn't look at it, it did update while installing though, so I assume it was the highest patch level for the base game?

>_<

jessnnn
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Zoo Tycoon, Sim City, the Wallace & Gromit Curse of the Wererabbit videogame, Minecraft, Tetris (aw yiss),

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Mon 06 May 2013, 22:05

Hello,

Ok then you're probably at that patch level.
Oh I misread your message Facepalm I thought you had downloaded WA and LN, my mistake. Lets see, so you probably need the crack from the fix. Only the crack though, which is located in the #crack folder in the fix and should be copied to the base game\bin.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jessnnn on Mon 06 May 2013, 22:10

Okay, so... Just the crack for LN?

Ah, no... Sorry, Didn't see the bit about it being for the base game.

I've used the crack and the game icons are showing up again, so thank for for your help!

(If installing Outdoor Living and Generations causes the same problem, do I just use the crack again...?)

jessnnn
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Mon 06 May 2013, 22:40

Hello,

Yes, that's right!
Keep in mind that you need a new crack when there's a new patch, so if you get prompted about a new patch, check the forum first to see if the fix has been updated.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)