Installing ISO on Origin download

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing ISO on Origin download

Post by MiaM on Tue 07 May 2013, 05:26

I tried "search", but IMO I couldn't find the solution. So, I'm sorry if it's already been explained somewhere Noob I tried installing the full sims3 pack, but when it didn't work, I resorted to DL'ing the expansions and all from Origin. However, when I tried installing other worlds, the .ISO files mixed up the game so that when I tried to start the game, it said it couldn't find "the Seasons" (my last expansion) disc. I understood it was because it thought the .ISO world was the last disc, and not Seasons.

To clarify, the Origins are DOWNLOADS, not discs to begin with. Anyways, I had to uninstall the seasons, and download it again, and then re-install. Now I'm afraid to try to install any of the .ISO stuff packs, in the fears the same will happen again. So, my questions are:

1. Is there a crack or something I missed that enables me to make Sims believe the .ISO file isn't actually a disc (or whatever cracks do) OR
2. Are there torrent files that are strictly Sims3packs, not .ISOs at all = not discs at all? (I was able to find worlds I wanted as Sims3packs.)

I hope I was somewhat clear about my problem. Not a computer wiz and I don't know the proper terms. Facepalm

MiaM
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installing ISO on Origin download

Post by Shamrock on Tue 07 May 2013, 09:40

Ok, that probably won't solve your problem, but here goes:
1. No, as far as I know such a crack doesn't exist, and you usually don't need it.
2. Expansions are sold as discs, or downloaded through Origin. These contain far more data than a simple world, so they need to be in .iso
.Sims3Pack are for custom content and worlds.
Hope that cleared the misunderstanding Wink
Now back to your problem. Did you follow all steps for the ultimate fix?

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaM on Tue 07 May 2013, 17:13

Thanks Shamrock.

I've downloaded all the expansions I want from the Origin, I don't know what went wrong with the torrented files. Now I wanted to add torrented Stuff Packs. I guess the Stuff Packs contain a lot more data than worlds too, so those can't be squeezed into a .sims3pack, which I was looking for.

I used the Ultimate Fix earlier, but I haven't used it in this situation, worried that if I add the Stuff Pack .isos, even when using the Ultimate Fix, it will break the game, and I have to download it all again from Origin (which sucks big time!).

I guess I'll just have to play without the Stuff Packs, or bite the bullet and try the Ultimate Fix. Thanks for the advice!

MiaM
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Tue 07 May 2013, 20:10

Hello,

There's never a need to reinstall anything!
Just install all the expansion packs you want and then do step 2-4: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Don't forget to RE-DOWNLOAD both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix.
If you downloaded your base game via Origin, the crack (Step 4) goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

That's it, just don't do anything else than written there.
If your game is messed up after that, I'll personally fix it for you via TeamViewer.

Good luck and please let us know the result!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum