Game keeps crashing/glitching...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game keeps crashing/glitching...?

Post by Missmom89 on Wed 08 May 2013, 20:16

So I just recently downloaded all the games from here and installed them. I followed all the guides posted on here very carefully waiting till I was done installing to start up the manual patch then using all the ultimates guide and installing all of the cracks to their folder then the base game. Now the game plays fine, all the content is there, it plays relatively smooth. However, I do notice a few things like how I cannot pause using the ` button half the time, or I'll have a rare lag patch. But the biggest issue is when the screen completely glitches into a million tiny pixels and completely freezes forcing me to force shut down and reboot. Theres no consitancy in when it happens some times I can be playing for 5 minutes or even 2 hours. I'm not sure if this is a game related issue or possibly a computer issue. I am using a Toshiba Laptop with windows 7, I've checked all drivers and am pretty confident they are up to date. I'd just really love to resolve this issue.
Oh, also I did not install in original order and when i unzipped each game I did them 2-3 at a time. Any advice or suggestions would be lovely, I have scanned the forums for solutions but none have helped.

Helper edit: Topic moved to "in-game problems".

- Carlos G.

Missmom89
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game keeps crashing/glitching...?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 08 May 2013, 20:31

Missmom89 wrote:So I just recently downloaded all the games from here and installed them. I followed all the guides posted on here very carefully waiting till I was done installing to start up the manual patch then using all the ultimates guide and installing all of the cracks to their folder then the base game. Now the game plays fine, all the content is there, it plays relatively smooth. However, I do notice a few things like how I cannot pause using the ` button half the time, or I'll have a rare lag patch. But the biggest issue is when the screen completely glitches into a million tiny pixels and completely freezes forcing me to force shut down and reboot. Theres no consitancy in when it happens some times I can be playing for 5 minutes or even 2 hours. I'm not sure if this is a game related issue or possibly a computer issue. I am using a Toshiba Laptop with windows 7, I've checked all drivers and am pretty confident they are up to date. I'd just really love to resolve this issue.
Oh, also I did not install in original order and when i unzipped each game I did them 2-3 at a time. Any advice or suggestions would be lovely, I have scanned the forums for solutions but none have helped.

Helper edit: Topic moved to "in-game problems".

- Carlos G.

Hello there,

You might want to have a look at
this article here, dealing with System requirements. Also, if you haven't done that already, try lowering your graphics settings.
And are you using any "Mods" ?

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14451

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Missmom89 on Wed 08 May 2013, 20:45

In game mods or downloaded mods? I use cheats but I don't download content. I've lowered my graphics to the minimum and I'm not sure where exactly I am on that chart but I think it was a maybe to my requirements.

Missmom89
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 08 May 2013, 20:56

Missmom89 wrote:In game mods or downloaded mods? I use cheats but I don't download content. I've lowered my graphics to the minimum and I'm not sure where exactly I am on that chart but I think it was a maybe to my requirements.

OK, if you say you don't download any content, I assume you haven't installed Mods either (the Mods-folder's location in Windows is Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods).

But have you also tried any of the suggestions in
this topic here ? Especially #2 & #3 could be interesting for you. Keep in mind that if you plan to use the 4GB patch, you have to patch the TS3W.exe file in Program files (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin.

Then there is the so-called "factory reset": go to Documents/Electronic Arts and rename your "The Sims 3" folder (for example: "The Sims 3_"). Then start the game - you'll realise that your previous savegame is (temporarily) gone...so start a new game and see if you have any problems.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Missmom89 on Wed 08 May 2013, 21:10

I did try the 4gb patch but it didn't seem to help at all and I looked into the dep option but I need better instructions for that like which are exe files and am I going through every folder in the bin folder. I'm just super confused I haven't cracked a sims game since the sims 2 it seems to have changed a lot...

Missmom89
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 08 May 2013, 21:23

Missmom89 wrote:I did try the 4gb patch but it didn't seem to help at all and I looked into the dep option but I need better instructions for that like which are exe files and am I going through every folder in the bin folder. I'm just super confused I haven't cracked a sims game since the sims 2 it seems to have changed a lot...

OK, I'm not sure if I understood correctly, but you may try this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-vista/show-or-hide-file-name-extensions
to display "file extensions".

So you say you haven't cracked a game "since Sims 2" ? Then you might have a look at this here. If we look at that topic, we see that there is a "manual patch" which updates the (base) game. (Re-)download that patch and (re-)apply it. After that you download and install the "Ultimate fix" .
Read the instructions of the fix very carefully. Restart your computer, then start the game.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Missmom89 on Wed 08 May 2013, 23:03

Lol!! Yes I have followed the guide completely in how to do it I just meant the last time I did it was the sims 2 and it was a lot less complicated.

Missmom89
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 08 May 2013, 23:11

Alright, then do it again.

//EDIT

And after applying the Ultimate fix and before starting the game, make sure to delete the cache files: (Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3)
-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

The thing is, we are slowly running out of options, so we have to try everything (theoretically) possible.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Missmom89 on Thu 09 May 2013, 00:12

Haha k thanks so much for the suggestions Carlos, I am going to try to fix it tonight after work. I still need to try and add the exe files but again do I need to look in the folders within the bin folder?

Missmom89
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 09 May 2013, 11:38

Missmom89 wrote:Haha k thanks so much for the suggestions Carlos, I am going to try to fix it tonight after work. I still need to try and add the exe files but again do I need to look in the folders within the bin folder?

Hello again,

No, not the folders "within" the Bin folders. You wouldn't find any .exe files in them anyway
Wink.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum