error during start up. after formatting pc. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

error during start up. after formatting pc. [SOLVED]

Post by Neaschletenram on Fri 10 May 2013, 11:07

Heya =)
so after reinstalling windows on my pc i can't get sims to work.
before i even started installing sims and there is nothing in the registry.
nothing at all left behind from before.
im not a sims noob. this is one of the few times i am stuck and can't solve the problem myself.

i followed this tutorial

when i tried to install world adventures i got an error. so i went to step 2 and used the manual patch..

when i had installed all the expansions pack i ran the manual patch again. and it told me i do not have to as it already is on the latest update. (from updating when installing world adventures )
i did a backup of all my sims files that would be replaced when using the the Ultimate fix . and then applied it as the tutorial said.

when i had done all of the steps i tried to open my game. and tadaaaa. i get errors.
when i bypass the launcher Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)
when i go through the launcher. Error during startup please check log for more details.

My launcher Log is empty...
and in my registry there is only the expansion packs i have installed. ( see below. ) there were nothing related to EA games or sims installed before i started installing sims.

all my sims games are torrented. Order of installation.
The Sims 3
The Sims 3: World Adventures
The Sims 3: High-End Loft Stuff
The Sims 3: Ambitions
The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff
The Sims 3: Late Night
The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff
The Sims 3: Generations
The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff
The Sims 3: Pets
The Sims 3: Master Suite
The Sims 3: Showtime
The Sims 3: Diesel Stuff
The Sims 3: Supernatural
The Sims 3: Seasons
The Sims 3: University Life

i would prefer if there is a work around that dont include re installing all the games or get new torrents ( im in th UK and cant use piratebay or kat)
thanks in advance.

/ Nea

Last edited by Neaschletenram on Sat 11 May 2013, 00:44; edited 1 time in total

Neaschletenram
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Left 4 dead. Killing Floor. Metro 2033. Fallout.The Sims
Female Posts : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error during start up. after formatting pc. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 10 May 2013, 12:45

@Neaschletenram wrote:Heya =)
so after reinstalling windows on my pc i can't get sims to work.
before i even started installing sims and there is nothing in the registry.
nothing at all left behind from before.
im not a sims noob. this is one of the few times i am stuck and can't solve the problem myself.

i followed this tutorial

when i tried to install world adventures i got an error. so i went to step 2 and used the manual patch..

when i had installed all the expansions pack i ran the manual patch again. and it told me i do not have to as it already is on the latest update. (from updating when installing world adventures )
i did a backup of all my sims files that would be replaced when using the the Ultimate fix . and then applied it as the tutorial said.

when i had done all of the steps i tried to open my game. and tadaaaa. i get errors.
when i bypass the launcher Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)
when i go through the launcher. Error during startup please check log for more details.

My launcher Log is empty...
and in my registry there is only the expansion packs i have installed. ( see below. ) there were nothing related to EA games or sims installed before i started installing sims.

all my sims games are torrented. Order of installation.
The Sims 3
The Sims 3: World Adventures
The Sims 3: High-End Loft Stuff
The Sims 3: Ambitions
The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff
The Sims 3: Late Night
The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff
The Sims 3: Generations
The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff
The Sims 3: Pets
The Sims 3: Master Suite
The Sims 3: Showtime
The Sims 3: Diesel Stuff
The Sims 3: Supernatural
The Sims 3: Seasons
The Sims 3: University Life

i would prefer if there is a work around that dont include re installing all the games or get new torrents ( im in th UK and cant use piratebay or kat)
thanks in advance.

/ Nea

Hello there,

Have you already tried running the Launcher ("Sims3Launcher.exe") and/or the "TS3W.exe"-file as Administrator ? Right-click on the .exe files and select "run as administrator".
You could also have a look at
this nice article here. Especially #2 (preventing DEP on .exe files) and #3 (assigning more RAM) can be useful.
The order in which to install the expansions is not important, and you should try "pirateproxy.net"
Wink.

I'll come back to you later in the day (unless another Helper has come to you in the meantime); I'm leaving soon.

Good luck for now!
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neaschletenram on Fri 10 May 2013, 13:07

i tried running both as administrator and it says the same thing.

did step 2 and 3 from the link you posted, and gonna restart the pc now and see what it says. fingers crossed it worked. i remember doing these steps before but forgot about them now so hopefully it will work =)

//EDIT

The issue is still there. I am downloading all of the torrents again. cheers for the proxylink. forgot about that one.
if i cant get it to work by tonight i will reinstall it again and give it another go. if the issue is still there i will reinstall it all when i got all the new files from the torrents. and with UK internet that will be in about a week haha. oh my.

Stil tho, if there might be another solution i am willing to try everything.

Neaschletenram
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 10 May 2013, 16:25

@Neaschletenram wrote:i tried running both as administrator and it says the same thing.

did step 2 and 3 from the link you posted, and gonna restart the pc now and see what it says. fingers crossed it worked. i remember doing these steps before but forgot about them now so hopefully it will work =)

//EDIT

The issue is still there. I am downloading all of the torrents again. cheers for the proxylink. forgot about that one.
if i cant get it to work by tonight i will reinstall it again and give it another go. if the issue is still there i will reinstall it all when i got all the new files from the torrents. and with UK internet that will be in about a week haha. oh my.

Stil tho, if there might be another solution i am willing to try everything.

Hello again,

Apart from the usual stuff (downloading all available Windows & .NET framework updates, updating the graphics
driver,..) you could try this: lower the graphics settings of your computer screen, and then try starting the game.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neaschletenram on Fri 10 May 2013, 17:12

so made sure everything is up to date.
got all the new updates, right drivers, net framework set up.
tried lowering the graphics on the screen resolution and the its still the same.
before re installing windows everything worked fine. and the only thing changed on the pc is remove one of the harddrives for an update.
the game has always run smooth for me, with tons n tons of CC all expansions packs, and loads of big buildings and houses in the various worlds. so the pc can handle it.

Edit. ( no need for unnecessary long thread =) )
i tried installing sims 3 on my other PC the same way as i did earlier. and it says the exact same thing.
the game worked fine before i reinstalled it just to test the torrents really.
so im thinking it could be something with the update i have to do between base game and world adventures. as i get an error when i try to install the update for world adventures and need to use the manual update which brings the game up to 1.50 right away. as it is on 2 different computers and the same error occurs. im thinking its either the update or the torrents.

Neaschletenram
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 10 May 2013, 18:47

@Neaschletenram wrote:so made sure everything is up to date.
got all the new updates, right drivers, net framework set up.
tried lowering the graphics on the screen resolution and the its still the same.
before re installing windows everything worked fine. and the only thing changed on the pc is remove one of the harddrives for an update.
the game has always run smooth for me, with tons n tons of CC all expansions packs, and loads of big buildings and houses in the various worlds. so the pc can handle it.

Edit. ( no need for unnecessary long thread =) )
i tried installing sims 3 on my other PC the same way as i did earlier. and it says the exact same thing.
the game worked fine before i reinstalled it just to test the torrents really.
so im thinking it could be something with the update i have to do between base game and world adventures. as i get an error when i try to install the update for world adventures and need to use the manual update which brings the game up to 1.50 right away. as it is on 2 different computers and the same error occurs. im thinking its either the update or the torrents.

Alright, I see that this is going to be a tough problem.
Go to Documents/Electronic Arts. There should be a folder with the name "The Sims 3". Rename that folder (for example: "The Sims 3_"). Then try re-starting the game.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neaschletenram on Fri 10 May 2013, 18:59

Carlos G. wrote:

Alright, I see that this is going to be a tough problem.
Go to Documents/Electronic Arts. There should be a folder with the name "The Sims 3". Rename that folder (for example: "The Sims 3_"). Then try re-starting the game.

yea sorry =/
its the first time an issues with sims has been this persistence.
tried that and it still gives me the same error. =(
not sure if it makes any difference. but the icons for the sims expansions packs on the bottom of the launcher window is greyed out.

Neaschletenram
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 10 May 2013, 19:04

@Neaschletenram wrote:
yea sorry =/
its the first time an issues with sims has been this persistence.
tried that and it still gives me the same error. =(
not sure if it makes any difference. but the icons for the sims expansions packs on the bottom of the launcher window is greyed out.

Actually, it does make a BIG difference. If symbols of expansions are greyed out although you installed them, this usually means that the "Ultimate fix" wasn't applied correctly. So re-apply that Ultimate fix and read the instructions very carefully! (that thing with the grey symbols even happened to me once).

//EDIT
No need for the "sorry"
Razz right now I don't have anything else to do.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neaschletenram on Fri 10 May 2013, 19:24

Carlos G. wrote:
Actually, it does make a BIG difference. If symbols of expansions are greyed out although you installed them, this usually means that the "Ultimate fix" wasn't applied correctly. So re-apply that Ultimate fix and read the instructions very carefully! (that thing with the grey symbols even happened to me once).

//EDIT
No need for the "sorry"
Razz right now I don't have anything else to do.

well now i feel like a real derp for not mentioning it earlier ><
tho i did try and do the ultimate fix 3 times over as i tried installing it , got the error , reinstalled it all got the error. replaced the files from the fix with the original files and applied the fix again and stil got the same error.
gotta wait til later on tonight to try sorting it out again as the gaming pc is now taken for some CS gaming and i got the next couple of hours booked for some serial killer documentaries >< but ill update here once i have tried it all again.
also something i just remember. when i tried to just move over the ultimate fix files for ambitions the launcher tried to start each time. did not double click on anything just drag n drop. and it only does it on the ambition files. =S

Neaschletenram
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 10 May 2013, 19:34

@Neaschletenram wrote:
well now i feel like a real derp for not mentioning it earlier ><
tho i did try and do the ultimate fix 3 times over as i tried installing it , got the error , reinstalled it all got the error. replaced the files from the fix with the original files and applied the fix again and stil got the same error.
gotta wait til later on tonight to try sorting it out again as the gaming pc is now taken for some CS gaming and i got the next couple of hours booked for some serial killer documentaries >< but ill update here once i have tried it all again.
also something i just remember. when i tried to just move over the ultimate fix files for ambitions the launcher tried to start each time. did not double click on anything just drag n drop. and it only does it on the ambition files. =S

Now I don't know what's behind this "launcher start"; if it happens again I would close the launcher and continue applying the fix. Again, make sure to copy & paste all files to the right locations.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Fri 10 May 2013, 22:22

Hello,

For future reference, the "Error during Startup" error is a Registry issue 9 out of 10 times. Try this (again) and do the instructions VERY carefully, watch the video very closely: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix
Also, while in the Registry, check the installation paths and whether they are correct for each game/expansion. Did you remove, move or rename any of the installed game folders?

Besides that, where did you get your The Sims 3 games from, exactly?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Neaschletenram on Fri 10 May 2013, 22:51

Admin wrote:Hello,

For future reference, the "Error during Startup" error is a Registry issue 9 out of 10 times. Try this (again) and do the instructions VERY carefully, watch the video very closely: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix
Also, while in the Registry, check the installation paths and whether they are correct for each game/expansion. Did you remove, move or rename any of the installed game folders?

Besides that, where did you get your The Sims 3 games from, exactly?

Good Evening Admin =)

yea only problem with the registry tho is that we reinstalled windows on the PC so there were no traces of sims left on it. I checked the registry before installing and between every 3 expansion packs to make sure nothing besides what i were installing where popping up in there.
not moved any folders around after installing the game with expansion packs. i renamed the one in My Documents>Electronic Arts the to see if it would work if the game would create a new folder. but stil get the same error.

I got all my games from your piratebay. and they have always worked before. had one issue before with installing the game but it turned out it were just me being a derp and acidently placed a file in the wrong folder. and i j have never had this issue before. i am currently getting all the torrents from your pb again in hope that it might just be something buggy with the versions i have. but UK internet is slow so will take me another day or 2 to get them.

Neaschletenram
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Fri 10 May 2013, 22:58

Hello,

Please contact me via the Forum's Chatbox. I'm available now.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series

Back to top Go down

Post by Neaschletenram on Sat 11 May 2013, 00:45

All sorted.
Thank you Admin for your help <3
what would we all do without you and your skills.

Neaschletenram
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 11 May 2013, 00:46

Hi there,

No skills, just a lot of patience.
Enjoy the game to the fullest and do not hesitate to contact us again if you need more assistance!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum