*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. 5 4.1 243

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:15 pm

~If you wish to stay up-to-date about the latest Games4theworld The Sims (3) news, please join THIS mailinglist!~
DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS AND READ EVERY STEP VERY CAREFULLY. DO EXACTLY AS WRITTEN BELOW, EVERY SINGLE STEP, BEFORE POSTING THAT IT DOESN'T WORK!

Hello everyone,

Seen the fact that a lot people are having problems with The Sims 3, while it works just fine, I decided to create this "guide" to show you how to install The Sims 3 correctly. If you do it this way, you'll automatically get the latest working version of the game. The steps aren't hard to understand, just READ CAREFULLY and DO NOT skip any steps!

So, these are the steps (AGAIN: do not do anything else, just do EXACTLY as written below):

*********START***********Read each step carefully!***********START*********
Updated on: 23-10-2013

1. Install The Sims 3 and all expansions you like, but install AT LEAST one of the following expansions: Into the Future, Movie Stuff, Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations.* (You may skip all the "# Crack" folders. You DO NOT need to use any "# Crack" folders!)
If you get an update error when trying to install any of the expansions, do step 2 first and then continue with step 1 again.
Base game installation video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Dm1i-P4I7bc.

2. After you've installed all the games you want, RE-DOWNLOAD and RE-APPLY this manual patch: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch (The Mac version of the manual patch can be downloaded HERE)

3. When it finished updating your game to the latest version, RE-DOWNLOAD the latest version of our Ultimate Fix: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

4. Open the "# Crack" folder in the Ultimate Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to exactly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin   and choose "Copy and Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder.
(If you downloaded and installed your base game via Origin, the crack goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin )
Ultimate Fix video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrRrF5ysPa8

5. Start the game and... ENJOY playing!

*********END***********Read each step carefully!***********END*********

* = At least one of these expansions MUST be installed, in order to make everything work!

Extra note: all those folders in the Fix ARE NOT cracks, those are the original files needed to update the game, without getting the "Invalid File" error. The only crack files needed are the .dll and the .exe file in the "# Crack" folder.

DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC, BUT OPEN A NEW TOPIC FOR IT IN THE CORRECT SECTION! ALL COMMENTS POSTED ABOUT QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS HERE WILL BE DELETED!

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:52 pm; edited 35 times in total

Forum Administrator  

A wise man once said: "Admin, you're my hero, heroine. Whatever; you rock!"
 Hammertime  Hammertime 

Contact
E-mail: Games4theworld@hotmail.com
Forum: Private message SUPPORT NOT VIA PM!
Twitter: http://twitter.com/games4theworld
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Games4theworld-Downloads/110924105707074

Admin
Forum Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ
Forum Adminator  GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ

System type(s):
  • 32 -bit
  • 64 -bit

Favorite Game(s): Prison Architect, Borderlands series, Assassin's Creed series, Team Fortress 2, The Saboteur
Male Posts: 16785

View user profile http://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by IcyColdCoke on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:18 pm

Oh Thank you! This helped me alot. Luckily I alread have Generaition's, and pet's (From the actual disk) and this Site helped me alot of Lazyness to go out and Buy it ~

IcyColdCoke
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnbee on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:11 am

cheers NO DOUBT!!!! It works 100%!! Just follow the directions. A real happy camper here. Keep up the good work.THANKS A MILLION!!

bunnbee
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rrumbah on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:35 pm

First off let me say, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I've been trying to get The Sims 3: Pets to work forever, and you my good sir just made it happen! Very Happy

Thanks again,

Rrumbah

Rrumbah
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mandalagate on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:31 pm

OMG! I finally did it. Ok. So, I'm gonna jot down what I was doing wrong.
1. When you install the base game, it's gonna ask you if you also want the download manager. You do. If not, you won't be able to follow trough with the last step, doing the updates. You'll get an error, something about being unable to update
2. Before cracking the game, make sure you close the sims launcher and also the sims from the system tray (alt+ctr+del). Better yet, just restart the computer and that will assure you you don't have any leftover sims opened Smile Than copy the crack as instructed.
Thank you so much for the game. I so love playing with dolls

Admin edit: You do not need the EA Download Manager (Origin). Use updating manually instead.

- ADMIN

mandalagate
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel Mustard on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:16 am

I am stoked! All this works gr8!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!! (I had my doubts) LoL Sometimes it's good to be wrong. Wink

Colonel Mustard
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TodayMyLifeBegins on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:05 am

Yeah! Its Working till now! March 05, 2012,

TodayMyLifeBegins
Beginner
Beginner

System type(s):
  • 32 -bit

Favorite Game(s): The Sims 3, Resident Evil.
Male Posts: 15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by basketcse40218 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:47 am

MY HERO!!!!! Registered as well to say thank you for saving my sanity. I have been crying all over the internet for a blooming month! I just refuse to play without my mods and my favorite cc. Refuse to bow to EA with their crappy stuff and overpriced worlds that should be included in our EP's anyway.
My installer was totally borked, would only install Ea store items, sims and lots. I could not even use the multi installer to convert my cc to pkgs to get it to work. I quit playing for a year after LN released last year I was so mad. Went back to Sims2. I was about to quit again when I found your site and UP to DATE fix. I am so grateful.
Blowing you guys kisses from the bluegrass state across the pond!!!

basketcse40218
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

love u guys!!!1

Post by carmine708 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:08 am

Hi my name is murad and ive been downloading from here for 2 years now but i love you guys, i mean the work you do yall deserve the credit. Yall have helped me in many situations and i enjoy playing the sims 3 i hvae everyone and im downloading showtime i have downloaded everyone from here. Anyways keep up the good work!!!!! Smile

carmine708
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyella on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:59 pm

Hello,
Finally!!! show time is out! bounce ,u guys are awesome.. Cool now i can sleep in peace..lol.
I'm currently downloading it, its taking ages.. Mad but i believe it's worth the wait.

dannyella
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System type(s):
  • 32 -bit

Favorite Game(s): The Sims 3
Female Posts: 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincesaCereza on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:14 pm

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZIIIIINGGG! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUUUU!! I finally did it!!! And it doesn't crash anymore! Admin, thank you specially for your INFINITE PATIENCE that long saturday. I format my PC to Windows 7 64 Bits again and it finally worked!!! I stayed up till 1 am and I realized I didn't have the patches downloaded, so I went to sleep and this morning I tried it out! IT WORKED! The ugly part is I had to get to work and I only could make a quick Sim in the CAS. BUT IT WORKED! MY ETERNAL THANK YOU TO BOTH OF YOU!!!!
Awesome Emote Awesome Emote Awesome Emote

PrincesaCereza
Beginner
Beginner

System type(s):
  • 64 -bit

Female Posts: 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iShadowLTu on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:43 pm

Thanks so much everything works perfectly, got all the expansions and everything from the store thanks so much guys.

iShadowLTu
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:28 pm

iShadowLTu wrote:Thanks so much everything works perfectly, got all the expansions and everything from the store thanks so much guys.

You are always welcomed!

grieralexander
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

System type(s):
  • 64 -bit

Favorite Game(s): Sims 3; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord
Male Posts: 239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daciasil on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:34 am

Sorry. Posted in the wrong area. *embarrassed*

While I've already posted on this thread...
Thank you so much for all your hard work in providing us virus-free, working games Smile This is the one source I am assured that the games will work and that my computer won't be harmed with malicious programs. Thank you Smile

daciasil
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System type(s):
  • 64 -bit

Favorite Game(s): The Sims 3, The Sims 2, The Sims 1
Female Posts: 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:34 am

daciasil wrote:Sorry. Posted in the wrong area. *embarrassed*

While I've already posted on this thread...
Thank you so much for all your hard work in providing us virus-free, working games Smile This is the one source I am assured that the games will work and that my computer won't be harmed with malicious programs. Thank you Smile

Thank You so much! The administrator works pretty hard to ensure the quality of the fix, before it is available to you. Happy to have erned your trust!

grieralexander
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

System type(s):
  • 64 -bit

Favorite Game(s): Sims 3; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord
Male Posts: 239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SBalykov on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:47 am

Thank you, very much

SBalykov
Beginner
Beginner

System type(s):
  • 64 -bit

Favorite Game(s): The Sims™ 3
Male Posts: 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsy1052 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:11 am

You guys are just the DBs, it's taken me ages to get my sims sorted and this topic helped so much, so many thanks and keep up the excellent work Very Happy

Topsy1052
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarecrow1983 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:05 pm

You guys are AWESOME. No other source for this information has been so clear and decisive. I registered here today (March, 30 2012) just to tell you that. Thanks so much. Keep up the good work and expect to hear from me in the future!

Scarecrow1983
Beginner
Beginner

System type(s):
  • 64 -bit

Favorite Game(s): DC Universe Online, Sims 3
Male Posts: 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by endofex on Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:46 pm

Thank You ... Smile

endofex
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kedzie on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:04 pm

I followed the guide exactly and it worked. Thank you so much!!

Btw, I completely fell for the April Fools prank. I was like omg, noooo. I forgot all about April Fools so you completely had me Razz

Kedzie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum