problem during set up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

problem during set up

Post by ellie555 on Fri 17 May 2013, 16:51

Hello everyone! I am extremely new to all this online game-downloading so I apologise in advance since my questions might be stupid! I downloaded yesterday Sims 3 University life! I extracted the Simssetup.exe but when I try to run the set up a window pops up with a red X and some weird numbers and codes! I honestly have no idea from these staff! can you help me?
Thank you

ellie555
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: problem during set up

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 17 May 2013, 17:00

@ellie555 wrote:Hello everyone! I am extremely new to all this online game-downloading so I apologise in advance since my questions might be stupid! I downloaded yesterday Sims 3 University life! I extracted the Simssetup.exe but when I try to run the set up a window pops up with a red X and some weird numbers and codes! I honestly have no idea from these staff! can you help me?
Thank you

Hello there,

Did you use "WinRAR" for extracting the contents of that .RAR file ? With WinRAR open the .RAR file and select "Extract to". Now you have to select a location for extracting all the contents of the .RAR file.

After extraction use the "setup.exe", or whatever it's called
Wink.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ellie555 on Fri 17 May 2013, 17:08

What you just described is exactly what I did! I extracted the setup.exe and when I double-clicked in order to start the installation this window popped!

ellie555
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 17 May 2013, 17:10

@ellie555 wrote:What you just described is exactly what I did! I extracted the setup.exe and when I double-clicked in order to start the installation this window popped!

OK, so you made sure to extract all files in the .RAR (not just the setup.exe) ? Maybe your download is corrupted..
What exactly does the error window say ?

//EDIT

Try also this: select "extract to" and in the options on the left mark the option "keep broken files". Now try extracting again.

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ellie555 on Fri 17 May 2013, 17:16

I opened the .RAR file with WinRar and the extracted the setup.exe file! It says
>SetupNew/setup.cpp(140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15.0.0.498
@Windows Vista Service Pack 0 (6000)
IE Version 9.0.8112.16421

ellie555
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 17 May 2013, 17:23

@ellie555 wrote:I opened the .RAR file with WinRar and the extracted the setup.exe file! It says
>SetupNew/setup.cpp(140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15.0.0.498
@Windows Vista Service Pack 0 (6000)
IE Version 9.0.8112.16421

Alright, I'm not quite sure if you did that, but..open Win RAR again, select "File", then "Select all". Now all files in the .RAR are "marked". Now you can either drag the contents out with your mouse cursor, or you use the "Extract to" option. Keep in mind that you want to extract ALL files of the .RAR (for example, to a folder on your desktop). Again, don't forget to do what I suggested above (the thing with the "keep broken files") Wink.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ellie555 on Sat 18 May 2013, 00:35

thank you!it all worked! I installed the expansion! I followed all the necessary steps! however it asks for the disk! Copying the "#Crack" wasn't enough? Is there more to it?

//EDIT

when I copied and pasted the two files from "crack", two others (from
the base sims) already existed! i was asked wether i wanted to replace
the existing with the new or keep them both and i chose the latter! did i
do wrong?

ellie555
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 18 May 2013, 00:46

@ellie555 wrote:thank you!it all worked! I installed the expansion! I followed all the necessary steps! however it asks for the disk! Copying the "#Crack" wasn't enough? Is there more to it?

//EDIT

when I copied and pasted the two files from "crack", two others (from
the base sims) already existed! i was asked wether i wanted to replace
the existing with the new or keep them both and i chose the latter! did i
do wrong?

Everything you copy from the Ultimate fix should replace the existing files Wink.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ellie555 on Sat 18 May 2013, 00:52

So what do i do now??i just keep them as they are and i launch the game from the last file i copied or can just delete the previous??

ellie555
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 18 May 2013, 00:57

@ellie555 wrote:So what do i do now??i just keep them as they are and i launch the game from the last file i copied or can just delete the previous??

Probably the easiest way is to delete both "TS3W.exe" files. And do the same with the two "TSL Host.dll" (or whatever they are called). Then re-copy the crack from the Ultimate fix, into that folder.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum