Problem "no disc". [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem "no disc". [SOLVED]

Post by tarune on Fri 17 May 2013, 18:31

Hello to you and thank you already for awesome free games. You are the saviours of a broke student!

My situation:
1. I have bought the real Sims 3 base game and wanted few expansions so I downloaded some, thanks to you.
2. I first only installed University life to see if this works, even tho I have now many more downloaded already.
3. I did everything as told in the guide and the installation worked perfectly.
4. When I try to start the game, it says I have to put the disc in first.
5. I have downloaded the newest patch manually and patched it, not working.
6. I did the ultimate fix and it didn't work either.

I have few guesses why it isn't working, but I'm not sure so I ask you:

1. My base game is in E: hard drive disk so I also downloaded my expansions there and installed the game to E: Pelit (Games) / Electronic Arts /
It says in the guide that the crack should be put in C: bla bla / bin, but since the game is in my E: hard drive disk, might this be a problem?

2. Does it matter where I open the expansions .rar ? Now it's opened in E:

3. Do I need to re-install my base game before installing the expansion/s?

4. Do I need to use the crack for my real base games /bin folder too before installing the expansion/s?

5. If the prob is that it all must be in C: hard drive disk (I don't have space in there), is there a way to make it anyways work in my E: ?

I feel really stupid and I have been trying to find out the solution for my prob for many days until I decided to beg for your help.

THANK YOU! I hope my weekend will be saved and I get to play the expansions. <3

Best regards

Forever thankful Sims player Smile

PS. I wasn't sure where I can put this thread, so I'm deeply sorry if it's in wrong place!
tarune
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Left4Dead, WoW, Aion, Portal
Female Posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem "no disc". [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 17 May 2013, 18:40

@tarune wrote:Hello to you and thank you already for awesome free games. You are the saviours of a broke student!

My situation:
1. I have bought the real Sims 3 base game and wanted few expansions so I downloaded some, thanks to you.
2. I first only installed University life to see if this works, even tho I have now many more downloaded already.
3. I did everything as told in the guide and the installation worked perfectly.
4. When I try to start the game, it says I have to put the disc in first.
5. I have downloaded the newest patch manually and patched it, not working.
6. I did the ultimate fix and it didn't work either.

I have few guesses why it isn't working, but I'm not sure so I ask you:

1. My base game is in E: hard drive disk so I also downloaded my expansions there and installed the game to E: Pelit (Games) / Electronic Arts /
It says in the guide that the crack should be put in C: bla bla / bin, but since the game is in my E: hard drive disk, might this be a problem?

2. Does it matter where I open the expansions .rar ? Now it's opened in E:

3. Do I need to re-install my base game before installing the expansion/s?

4. Do I need to use the crack for my real base games /bin folder too before installing the expansion/s?

5. If the prob is that it all must be in C: hard drive disk (I don't have space in there), is there a way to make it anyways work in my E: ?

I feel really stupid and I have been trying to find out the solution for my prob for many days until I decided to beg for your help.

THANK YOU! I hope my weekend will be saved and I get to play the expansions. <3

Best regards

Forever thankful Sims player Smile

PS. I wasn't sure where I can put this thread, so I'm deeply sorry if it's in wrong place!

Hello there,

1) Alright, then put your #crack in "E" then (= the location of your Sims 3 BASE GAME).
2) It doesn't matter where you open & extract the .RAR files
3) No, you DO NOT need to un-install your base game before installing expansions
Wink
4) You should use the #crack from the Ultimate fix, not from the base game or the expansions.
5) No, the actual hard-drive should not be important. However, if your "E" drive is an external drive, you should NOT unplug that drive while the computer is on, because the computer might assign a new letter to it; and this will make the game unplayable.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tarune on Fri 17 May 2013, 18:51

This is what I have done, and it still says I have to put the expansions disc in. Sad
tarune
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 17 May 2013, 18:55

@tarune wrote:This is what I have done, and it still says I have to put the expansions disc in. Sad

I should have mentioned this in my previous post Embarassed, but for the Ultimate fix to work you will need at least one of the following expansions installed too:

70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tarune on Fri 17 May 2013, 19:17

I have now Seasons and University life installed, I downloaded the ultimate fix again just in case and used the crack, from the # Crack folder, but again it didn't work. Seems hopeless. :'(
tarune
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 17 May 2013, 19:23

@tarune wrote:I have now Seasons and University life installed, I downloaded the ultimate fix again just in case and used the crack, from the # Crack folder, but again it didn't work. Seems hopeless. :'(

Nothing is hopeless Wink, at least not at this point.

What I always do is to use all files of the "Ultimate fix" and replace them with the original ones (see instructions of the Ultimate fix!). At the end comes the crack.
Although it is not always necessary to use all the files, this is what I recommend you to do now. And I always tell fellow simmers to read the instructions of the fix very carefully; even I messed it up once.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tarune on Fri 17 May 2013, 19:31

Carlos G. wrote:

Nothing is hopeless Wink, at least not at this point.

What I always do is to use all files of the "Ultimate fix" and replace them with the original ones (see instructions of the Ultimate fix!). At the end comes the crack.
Although it is not always necessary to use all the files, this is what I recommend you to do now. And I always tell fellow simmers to read the instructions of the fix very carefully; even I messed it up once.

Thanks for helping me btw. Smile I'm only used to use .iso files to play downloaded games so this is really new for me.

By using all files, you mean that I first replace the files from my /bin with the ones from "University Life & 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff & Seasons & Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry's Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations" folder. As in instructions, I did that, then opened the launcher, went to update and refreshed, it's updated now. Then again shut it and replaced the files with the ones from # Crack folder of the ultimate fix and put on the launcher, and still not working.

Should I also use the files for base game too? Even tho I have the real one? And then proceed with what I just did?
tarune
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 17 May 2013, 19:39

@tarune wrote:

Thanks for helping me btw. Smile I'm only used to use .iso files to play downloaded games so this is really new for me.

By using all files, you mean that I first replace the files from my /bin with the ones from "University Life & 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff & Seasons & Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry's Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations" folder. As in instructions, I did that, then opened the launcher, went to update and refreshed, it's updated now. Then again shut it and replaced the files with the ones from # Crack folder of the ultimate fix and put on the launcher, and still not working.

Should I also use the files for base game too? Even tho I have the real one? And then proceed with what I just did?

OK, now this is interesting. Do you still have the big manual patch? If yes, re-apply it. Then re-apply the Ultimate fix. You might also try changing the settings of your anti-virus software (add the crack to the "exceptions"), in case there might be problems with that.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tarune on Fri 17 May 2013, 20:03

I did this now and still not working.
I wasn't quite sure how to make my anti-virus program/s ignore the crack. I'm using Avira and Ad-Aware Antivirus programs, and in Ad-aware i was able to add files to "ignore list", so I did, for the # crack files and also the ones that are in /bin folder, but I guess this ignore list was only for scan. x)

Running out of ideas, huh? Very Happy
I'm already thinking of uninstalling all that has anything to do with Sims 3, but would I then lose all my saved games? That would suck.
tarune
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 17 May 2013, 20:11

@tarune wrote:I did this now and still not working.
I wasn't quite sure how to make my anti-virus program/s ignore the crack. I'm using Avira and Ad-Aware Antivirus programs, and in Ad-aware i was able to add files to "ignore list", so I did, for the # crack files and also the ones that are in /bin folder, but I guess this ignore list was only for scan. x)

Running out of ideas, huh? Very Happy
I'm already thinking of uninstalling all that has anything to do with Sims 3, but would I then lose all my saved games? That would suck.

I don't suppose you have the "NoCD" mod installed ? If yes, take it out.
If you think it could make a difference if you installed everything on your main-drive, then feel free to do that; but theoretically, it shouldn't matter.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Sat 18 May 2013, 21:12; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tarune on Fri 17 May 2013, 20:19

Carlos G. wrote:
I don't suppose you have the "NoCD" mod installed ? If yes, take it out.
If you think it could make a difference if you installed everything on your main-drive, then feel free to do that; but theoretically, it shouldn't make a difference.

Wow, now I feel stupid, what is the "NoCD" mod? And where would that be? Embarassed
tarune
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 17 May 2013, 20:25

@tarune wrote:
Wow, now I feel stupid, what is the "NoCD" mod? And where would that be? Embarassed

If you really installed that, you would probably remember, so I assume you didn't do that. But just in case: it would be in your main drive - C:/My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages

If you want and if you can, you might upload a screenshot of where you posted the #crack files (use the "Host an image" button, and when you have the URL, use the "Image" button).

Otherwise I would recommend trying to do a clean uninstall of your games (see
this article here). Then make enough space on your main drive and re-install all your stuff there. By the way, before you uninstall the game I would back up your savefiles (Main drive/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and then the folder "saves").
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tarune on Fri 17 May 2013, 23:18

This is terrible... I can't seem to spot where I do wrong. I uninstalled everything and then installed again. After I had installed some expansions (Supernatural, Seasons, University life) the launcher didn't work anymore, did this error. So I watched this fixing video from games4theworld site and 'cause there wasn't any "keys" that was not right now installed I just deleted the keys for my expansions so the launcher worked again, but now the game wont even start anymore even tho I uninstalled all the expansions again. Seems like I must uninstall the whole game once again and start over.

I don't doubt that these games would work as long as it would be done properly, but yeah, seems like I just can't do it. *depressed*
tarune
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 18 May 2013, 00:04

@tarune wrote:This is terrible... I can't seem to spot where I do wrong. I uninstalled everything and then installed again. After I had installed some expansions (Supernatural, Seasons, University life) the launcher didn't work anymore, did this error. So I watched this fixing video from games4theworld site and 'cause there wasn't any "keys" that was not right now installed I just deleted the keys for my expansions so the launcher worked again, but now the game wont even start anymore even tho I uninstalled all the expansions again. Seems like I must uninstall the whole game once again and start over.

I don't doubt that these games would work as long as it would be done properly, but yeah, seems like I just can't do it. *depressed*

If you want, I'm available for a while in the "chat box". Maybe we can somehow manage to get this game working Laughing.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tarune on Sat 18 May 2013, 21:05

My problems are now fixed after I did "clean" uninstalling to my Sims 3 and installed everything once again and did everything as in guides.

I'm very happy, thanks for the help. Smile

Helper edit: I'm glad to hear that Very Happy, looks like we've made it Laughing.
Alright, happy simming! I'll close this topic now.

- Carlos G.
tarune
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down