I can't even load the game launcher!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can't even load the game launcher!

Post by noobgal123 on Sat 18 May 2013, 22:42

My problem started because the Sims, kept crashing after about 5 minutes of game play (it used to work just fine it was properly installed and the ultimate fix applied..!), so I tried to fix this by following the 7 step crash advice.

Upon trying to restart the game again I now get the popup saying: Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?

I click yes and nothing happens...

I have applied the ultimate fix again in case i did something to the .exe files, but this hasn't worked. not really sure what to do because i am a complete noob and I haven't encountered this problem before!

any ideas?!

Thanks!

noobgal123
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I can't even load the game launcher!

Post by TUN3R on Sun 19 May 2013, 00:16

Run it as admin, always a good idea when playing cracked games. I'd also turn the anti-virus off if you have one, they have DRM software implemented.

Also have you removed any script mods recently? I remember when I deleted a Story Progression mod the game would crash on startup, I had to delete the entire Sims 3 Documents folder except Mods, Downloads and SavedSims for it to work again.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Male Posts : 646

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noobgal123 on Sun 19 May 2013, 00:39

@TUN3R wrote:Run it as admin, always a good idea when playing cracked games. I'd also turn the anti-virus off if you have one, they have DRM software implemented.

Also have you removed any script mods recently? I remember when I deleted a Story Progression mod the game would crash on startup, I had to delete the entire Sims 3 Documents folder except Mods, Downloads and SavedSims for it to work again.

I was running it as admin before so I don't think that is the problem. I have just turned off my anti-virus and that hasn't helped either Sad

I don't use any script mods either WhatDidUJustCallMe? so still in the same situation! Thanks for your advice though!

noobgal123
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fields on Sun 19 May 2013, 05:31

@noobgal123 wrote:

Upon trying to restart the game again I now get the popup saying: Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?

Thanks!

This part concerns me a little as I never heard of this before, what is the name of the programme that is trying to make the changes?
Fields
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, simcity (all Sim city versions) APB reloaded.
Male Posts : 171

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noobgal123 on Sun 19 May 2013, 11:53

@Fields wrote:
@noobgal123 wrote:

Thanks!

This part concerns me a little as I never heard of this before, what is the name of the programme that is trying to make the changes?

Sims 3 Launcher Starter Application, so it sounds about right... but when I click yes, nothing happens :/

noobgal123
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 19 May 2013, 12:36

@noobgal123 wrote:My problem started because the Sims, kept crashing after about 5 minutes of game play (it used to work just fine it was properly installed and the ultimate fix applied..!), so I tried to fix this by following the 7 step crash advice.

I have applied the ultimate fix again in case i did something to the .exe files, but this hasn't worked. not really sure what to do because i am a complete noob and I haven't encountered this problem before!

any ideas?!

Thanks!

Hello there,

What happens if you go to the Sims 3 base game location and make a shortcut (to the desktop) for the "TS3W.exe" file ? Try double-clicking on it, maybe it will bypass the launcher.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14083

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noobgal123 on Sun 19 May 2013, 13:38

Carlos G. wrote:
@noobgal123 wrote:My problem started because the Sims, kept crashing after about 5 minutes of game play (it used to work just fine it was properly installed and the ultimate fix applied..!), so I tried to fix this by following the 7 step crash advice.

any ideas?!

Thanks!

Hello there,

What happens if you go to the Sims 3 base game location and make a shortcut (to the desktop) for the "TS3W.exe" file ? Try double-clicking on it, maybe it will bypass the launcher.

Hi! I managed to open the game, it completely bypassed the annoying popup, so that is great thank you so much!

However, the game crashed after about 5 minutes again so I am back at square one! Sad any ideas?

noobgal123
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 19 May 2013, 20:03

@noobgal123 wrote:

Hi! I managed to open the game, it completely bypassed the annoying popup, so that is great thank you so much!

However, the game crashed after about 5 minutes again so I am back at square one! Sad any ideas?

Hello again,

Alright, have you already tried any of the suggestions in this article here ? http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14083

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Mon 20 May 2013, 19:26

What he said. and probably the DEP section in the topic Carlos mentioned.

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum