Unwanted relationship problem, alien encounter chance and Tiberium not growing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unwanted relationship problem, alien encounter chance and Tiberium not growing.

Post by TUN3R on Sun 19 May 2013, 11:45

Is anybody else being annoyed by the "I appreciate sims who blah blah blah... let's get to know eachother better" messages that create random relationships with nearby sims? No? Well I am. I'm getting random relationships with paparazzi, or zombies, or ghosts, or just random losers that I don't want. Any way I can disable this?

EDIT:

I have two more gameplay that have been bugging me recently and I'd rather not make another thread.

Firstly, I'm not quite sure how the alien encounter chance works. Back when I first played Seasons I'd get alien visits almost every night, my household was 7/8 aliens in two sim weeks. It was way too often so I used a mod to lower the chance of alien encounters. I don't know if it actually worked back then cause shortly after, UL was released and I ragequit from The Sims 3 once more :3 So anyway, recently (sorta') I started playing again and I've only had one alien encounter in about 6 sim weeks or so. That sounded reasonable but I wanted to have a few more aliens in my household so I decided to remove the mod for a bit (also cleared my script cache). 6 more sim weeks later, nothing. No visits, no abductions, nada. I have 19 pieces of moonstone ore in my sim's inventory and watcher knows how many space rocks while he's using the telescope every night and still nothing.

Second problem, Tiberium is supposed to grow into a Large Spire if placed on the ground with enough room. Mine doesn't seem to do that. I tried with Tiberium ore, Small Spire and Dust (it's still considered a gem, Wiki says it's supposed to grow just like any other form of Tiberium), but they don't grow.

Last edited by TUN3R on Sun 19 May 2013, 14:10; edited 4 times in total

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Male Posts : 646

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unwanted relationship problem, alien encounter chance and Tiberium not growing.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 19 May 2013, 12:32

@TUN3R wrote:Is anybody else being annoyed by the "I appreciate sims who blah blah blah... let's get to know eachother better" messages that create random relationships with nearby sims? No? Well I am. I'm getting random relationships with paparazzi, or zombies, or ghosts, or just random losers that I don't want. Any way I can disable this?

Hello there,

I'm not sure about these "messages" themselves, but the following could be part of the solution:
With the NRAAS "Register" mod you get an option at the city hall (NRAAS/Register/Allow paparazzis and then just click on that and a window should pop up saying "allow paprazzis=off"). This will basically disable the spawning of paparazzis in your home town.

One warning is in place though: before you uninstall "Register", click on the city hall, and in the Register options look for an option called "Reset all settings" or something similar. If you change certain things in the game with mods and then just remove them from the "Mods" folder, you'll likely to encounter problems.

While a mod can solve a particular problem, it may cause trouble in other places. In this particular case, using "Register" might cause problems if you use certain features of the "University" expansion (e.g. problems in the University town).

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unwanted relationship problem, alien encounter chance and Tiberium not growing.

Post by TUN3R on Sun 19 May 2013, 14:05

Carlos G. wrote:
@TUN3R wrote:Is anybody else being annoyed by the "I appreciate sims who blah blah blah... let's get to know eachother better" messages that create random relationships with nearby sims? No? Well I am. I'm getting random relationships with paparazzi, or zombies, or ghosts, or just random losers that I don't want. Any way I can disable this?

Hello there,

I'm not sure about these "messages" themselves, but the following could be part of the solution:
With the NRAAS "Register" mod you get an option at the city hall (NRAAS/Register/Allow paparazzis and then just click on that and a window should pop up saying "allow paprazzis=off"). This will basically disable the spawning of paparazzis in your home town.

One warning is in place though: before you uninstall "Register", click on the city hall, and in the Register options look for an option called "Reset all settings" or something similar. If you change certain things in the game with mods and then just remove them from the "Mods" folder, you'll likely to encounter problems.

While a mod can solve a particular problem, it may cause trouble in other places. In this particular case, using "Register" might cause problems if you use certain features of the "University" expansion (e.g. problems in the University town).

That's good to know although it doesn't really solve my problem.

Edited the first post, rather not make a new thread.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 19 May 2013, 19:57

@TUN3R wrote:

That's good to know although it doesn't really solve my problem.

Edited the first post, rather not make a new thread.

The only thing that might help a bit against these relationship messages could be to lower the celebrity status (for example: with "MasterController Cheats" go to the city hall, then NRAAS/Sim/Intermediate/Celebrity level, and then set the appropriate "star level"); maybe not buying the Lifetime reward called "Attractive" can also help; but of course if one of the other Helpers has a second opinion on that, I'd like to know that too.

As for the Tiberium problem, maybe deleting the Tiberium-spawner (with the "Buydebug" cheat) and re-placing it helps. Otherwise: download and install the
"Debug enabler" mod . Click on the tiberium ore or dust, then select NRAAS/Debug Enabler and search for an option called "Debug Cut" - and then "Tiberium".

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TUN3R on Mon 20 May 2013, 01:42

Carlos G. wrote:

The only thing that might help a bit against these relationship messages could be to lower the celebrity status (for example: with "MasterController Cheats" go to the city hall, then NRAAS/Sim/Intermediate/Celebrity level, and then set the appropriate "star level"); maybe not buying the Lifetime reward called "Attractive" can also help; but of course if one of the other Helpers has a second opinion on that, I'd like to know that too.

It has nothing to do with the Celebrity system, it started happening way before he became a celebrity. I get random relationships along with those messages from any NPC, paparazzi were just an example.

Carlos G. wrote:As for the Tiberium problem, maybe deleting the Tiberium-spawner (with the "Buydebug" cheat) and re-placing it helps. Otherwise: download and install the "Debug enabler" mod . Click on the tiberium ore or dust, then select NRAAS/Debug Enabler and search for an option called "Debug Cut" - and then "Tiberium".

Mine didn't come from normal spawns, I got all of it ether from the Werewolf "Hunt" option or from digging with the miner. I'll try that though.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 20 May 2013, 11:31

I don't remember anymore when these relationship messages began popping up (maybe with "Supernatural", or even before that), but this seems like something more "hard-coded". And yes, while the celebrity system along with certain "Charisma" challenges do have a (small?) influence on it, it might not be possible to completely turn the messages off.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TUN3R on Mon 20 May 2013, 14:58

Carlos G. wrote:I don't remember anymore when these relationship messages began popping up (maybe with "Supernatural", or even before that), but this seems like something more "hard-coded". And yes, while the celebrity system along with certain "Charisma" challenges do have a (small?) influence on it, it might not be possible to completely turn the messages off.

Found the cause, it's the stupid new attraction system.

Also, tried the debug thing and it didn't work. Or maybe it didn't work yet, I'll keep it on a little longer.

EDIT: Yeah nothing's happening. Also there's definitely something wrong with the aliens. I'm using a mod (1.50 compatible) that sets the alien encounter chance to 100% when using the telescope, and still nothing.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Mon 20 May 2013, 17:57

This is a mod I use for the attraction system and I almost never get those stupid pop-ups anymore (They started with the 1.42 patch, right before seasons). For the aliens, I'd try taking out all the mods you have, if you haven't already done all that. That may actually help with the Tiberium growing too..

Btw, I never even knew that the tiberium was able to/supposed to grow! XD So thank you for that.

Last edited by invalidusername on Tue 21 May 2013, 07:39; edited 1 time in total
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 20 May 2013, 20:52

@TUN3R wrote:

Also, tried the debug thing and it didn't work. Or maybe it didn't work yet, I'll keep it on a little longer.

What I do when I change the "shape" of minerals with the Debug Enabler, is to move the item into the inventory and then out again (onto the floor). Then you should see the "new shape".
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TUN3R on Mon 20 May 2013, 23:12

Carlos G. wrote:What I do when I change the "shape" of minerals with the Debug Enabler, is to move the item into the inventory and then out again (onto the floor). Then you should see the "new shape".

Tried.

@invalidusername wrote:This is a mod I use for the attraction system and I almost never
get those stupid pop-ups anymore (They started with the 1.42 patch,
right before seasons). For the aliens, I'd try taking out all the mods
you have, if you haven't already done all that. That may actually help
with the Tiberium growing too..

Btw, I never even knew that the tiberium was able to/supposed to grow! XD So thank you for that.

Taking out all my mods = Game Over.

And yeah it grows. If you have Supernatural you double the profit, cause the Gem Dust (byproduct, normally used in Alchemy) grows as well.

Last edited by TUN3R on Tue 21 May 2013, 09:26; edited 1 time in total

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Tue 21 May 2013, 07:42

Why does that mean game over? I just want to know if it's a mod-related issue, because there are almost always updates or alternatives to any problem-causing mods.

Also, did you give that mod I linked to a look at all?
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TUN3R on Tue 21 May 2013, 09:29

@invalidusername wrote:Why does that mean game over? I just want to know if it's a mod-related issue, because there are almost always updates or alternatives to any problem-causing mods.

Also, did you give that mod I linked to a look at all?

Game Over aka game becomes unplayable (literally).

And I've tried that mod before, doesn't seem to do much. Should have expected that, since contrary to what the title says it just tunes the current (crappy) attraction system. Dumb MTS folk.

Thanks anyway.

EDIT: Made a new game and removed every mod except for the AlwaysAbduct one, and it still doesn't work. So it's not mod related.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top