Patterns won't show up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Patterns won't show up

Post by paudjs on Thu 23 May 2013, 08:11

I have downloaded several patterns but when I try to customize my items only one pattern shows up for every pattern i have downloaded. There would be the custom content sign but it's the same pattern for everything. This is the only problem i got. Everything else works fine. Help, anyone? Help

paudjs
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Patterns won't show up

Post by Shamrock on Thu 23 May 2013, 09:56

How did you download them and where from?

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 23 May 2013, 16:40

paudjs wrote:I have downloaded several patterns but when I try to customize my items only one pattern shows up for every pattern i have downloaded. There would be the custom content sign but it's the same pattern for everything. This is the only problem i got. Everything else works fine. Help, anyone?

Hello,

Alright, I suppose you have downloaded the patterns from the official Sims 3 exchange ? And then you tried installing them with the launcher ? If yes, it's very common that these items don't work if you install "the usual way".

For a start, have a look at this here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/461888
This tool "CCMagic" can help installing these items. For instructions, go to that site and scroll a bit down. Under "Help & Support" you can find links to instructions.

You can also look at this article here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix
However: I would first try to "leave" the "DCBackup" and "DCCache" folders AS THEY ARE. So for the moment only delete the other cache files instead (CASPartCache.package, scriptCache.package, compositorCache.package, and simCompositorCache.package). You can find all of these files in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3.
If this doesn't work, you can (later on) still delete the contents of DCBackup and DCCache.

OK, that's it for the moment. Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14423

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paudjs on Mon 27 May 2013, 03:35

Sorry for the late reply because i've been away for a vacation. anyways, I have cc magic installed but i install my patterns via the launcher. I will try to delete the cache folders and will let you know if that works. thanks!

//EDIT

hi! i tried deleting the cache but it also didn't work for me. Sad

paudjs
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 27 May 2013, 12:33

paudjs wrote:Sorry for the late reply because i've been away for a vacation. anyways, I have cc magic installed but i install my patterns via the launcher. I will try to delete the cache folders and will let you know if that works. thanks!

//EDIT

hi! i tried deleting the cache but it also didn't work for me. Sad

Hello again,

You might want to try installing the patterns with CC Magic too. Otherwise: lots of items from that "Exchange" have bugs - so even if you manage to install them, they might cause problems after some time.

If you really want new patterns, I'm afraid you have to try downloading and installing others. I have myself actually installed a few new patterns from the Exchange, but I guess I was lucky: I managed to install all of them (even with the launcher), and I have no problems when using them.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14423

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paudjs on Wed 29 May 2013, 04:17

okay. i will install my patterns using cc magic too! thanks Smile

paudjs
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :